All reviewsbriarwood malltowne place suitespool toysfull kitchensmall kitchensized refrigeratoryogurtwalking distance to the mallwaffle ironsuite hotelspool area was cleanshort driveparking lotdorm roomking bedfree breakfasthousekeeping staff
Reviewed 18 March 2013

If you are looking for a place to say in Ann Arbor, I highly recommend this hotel. My thirteen year old daughter and I stayed here for one night for a swim meet she had. We stayed in a two queen studio suite, and it was perfect: Spacious, clean, and new with a great kitchen area. The beds were comfy. The toilet/ shower area was small, but fine. The sink is between the sleeping area and tub/toilet. The room was very clean, but did not smell of harsh cleaning products, which I really appreciated. The breakfast selection was not huge, but adequate. My only complaint, which is a probably a common one with hotels in that general area was: Our room was close to the freeway so there was a lot of traffic noise. This did not affect my 13 yr old, but I am a light sleeper, and definitely heard it. I would recommend asking for a room as far away from the highway as possible, if that is an issue for you. Every staff member was extremely friendly and welcoming. We will be back in the area in a few months, and will definitely be staying here!

Room Tip: Room furthest away from freeway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
allyson r, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to review our hotel! We are so happy you enjoyed your recent stay and that you are planning to return! Unfortunately, we are aware of the traffic noise issue and we are so sorry that it affected your stay, but we are working to alleviate the noise as much as possible. I am glad it is not keeping you from staying with us again!

Thank you again for the review and see you next time you are in town!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I am generally a loyal Courtyard patron. I was impressed, and surprised at how spacious and awesome the rooms are here. I used to live in NYC and my first thought was how I would have died for my apartment to be this spacious and well designed functionally too. The whole place is new and well maintained. The staff has been friendly and the breakfast has been well stocked and fresh. I stayed here 4 nights. It is part of a ring of hotels the circle the mall and it was nice to have a warm indoor space to walk around that was nearby (across the parking lot) to do some laps and damage to my wallet.

The only dissapointment to my stay was that when I was desperately thirsty the vending machines and lobby fridges were emptied of bottled water. They do have complementary iced water in the lobby so I was able to take a few cups up to my room. The water was restocked the next day I noticed.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor and found the rooms to be quite and comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites for your 4 night stay and your great review! Our hotel is designed to make longer stay travelers like yourself to have all the comforts of home and then some. I am sorry to hear that the refridgerators were not stocked when you needed water and we will definately be working harder to make sure they always remain stocked!

Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you next time you are in Ann Arbor!

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Stayed for 2 nights and love this place. New, updated and location is wonderful. The rooms are wonderful, comfortable and felt very spacious. Best part is the staff!! They were so nice and welcoming everytime you walked by. Breakfast in the morning is great and one night had free cookies warm out of the oven for guest. I will come back to this hotel on future stays.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for the outstanding review of the TownePlace Suites! We are glad to hear you plan on returning to our hotel in the future and that your first experience was so great. Our staff is trained to give the highest level of service to all of our guests, so they will be happy to hear they are doing a great job!

Thank you again and looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 22 February 2013

This place is great! I just stayed last night with some coworkers and loved it. The beds are very comfortable. The room has everything you need and feels very fresh and clean. The staff is noticeably friendly and attentive. So much nicer than my last stay in Ann Arbor at another hotel.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here and hopefully we will get to see you again soon! We try to excel at exceeding guest expectations with our clean rooms and friendly service and it is nice to see the hard work is paying off.

Thank you again and see you next time you are in Ann Arbor!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Altough it has only been open since Oct-2012 it seems the owners scimped on window installation. When the curtains were open there was a considerable cold breeze coming thru the window. Beds were comfy, room layout with the kitchen is good. Kitchen was well stocked, a non stick frying pan would have been nice. Staff are friendly and helpful, especially Nicki. Breakfast was a big disappointment...only cereal, toast, waffles, juice, yogurt, fruit, cold hard boiled eggs available.... no hot egg, sasauge or bacon. Another irratant was that all hotel room and outside exit doors need to be changed so that they don't slam LOUDLY when they are closed. On the hotel room door we even tried to close the door quietly and it couldn't be done given the current door handle design. As a result you constaintly hear whenever anyone leaves. Also we found that we had to keep slathering on hand and face creame because the room was so dry. We used the free wifi to keep in touch with family as well as search for things in the area and the signal was strong. We enjoyed our visit to Ann Arbor.

Room Tip: Based on other reviews we asked for a quiet room. Room 207 was fairly quiet...other than the person upstairs walking around with clicky heels and hearing the doors slaming.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
allyson r, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with our hotel in Ann Arbor! I am sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay, we consistantly strive to make sure that our guests do leave 100% happy. However, with feedback from travelers like you we are able to make improvements to strive towards that 100%. We do hope that you will come back and try us again in the future, so that we can give you a completely satisfying stay!

Thank you again and we hope to see you again!