“Convenient/Nice Rooms”

TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
“Convenient/Nice Rooms”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

we stayed at TownePlace Suites for graduation last weekend, and were very satisfied and happy. Getting a hotel in Ann Arbor for graduation and/or a football weekend is not easy. We hadn't stayed at this new hotel before, and needed five rooms for old and young alike. The hotel is pretty nice, more then decent, new, well located, convenient to all to see in Ann ARbor and the University and games. The rooms are nice and large. They are well designed, with lots of drawers, nice TV, kitchen and lots of space. The bathroom is a bit small but manageable. The staff is very nice and accomodating. The breakfast was decent, not great, but had enough like waffles, cereals, toast etc. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Away from freeway would have less noise
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Brittany V, Manager at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hi, Volares! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Graduation weekend was definitely a crazy time here in Ann Arbor, and I'm so happy we were able to host you and your family here with us. Our hotel is about a year and a half old and our team definitely works hard to keep us in that "like-new" condition. I hope that you will consider staying with us again on your return trip to the Ann Arbor area.

Josh Ross
Front Desk Agent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Wonderful clean environment. Had to stay for an extended period while my father was recovering from a BMT at University of Michigan hospital. Staff kept everything pristine which was extremely important, as my father or myself could not get any illness. Great location and facilities.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying here at the TownePlace Suites, viajesamor, and for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us here on TripAdvisor. Our Housekeeping team definitely works hard to provide the cleanest accommodations for our guests. We frequently have guests that stay with us when they are here for the hospital and try our best to help our guests through a difficult time. Please be sure to pass on our best wishes to your father on a speedy recovery.

Josh Ross
Front Desk Agent
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have had a great stay at the Ann Arbor Towne Suites. Hannah always makes sure I am taken care of. Josh goes overboard to make sure I have what I need even when I forget toothebrushes and such and Glenn is always very warm and genuinely friendly, (suggests the best local spots).

Kudos to the Marriot staff!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Brittany V, Sales Manager at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Hi Kennard! Our team enjoys having you here just as much as you enjoy staying with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to right a review. I appreciate your kind words and loyalty towards the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Ann Arbor. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the rest of the team.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Thank you for the opportunity to report on my stay. I was an unexpected visitor due to an oversold situation at the Hilton Garden Inn, the staff was great Hannah helped me out and was very sensitive to the fact that I was displaced.

Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review Michael! I am so glad that we had the opportunity to serve you as our guest. It was great to read that Hannah took good care of you and was sensitive towards your displacement. I will be sure to pass along your comments to her!
Thanks Again!
Brandywine, Maryland
Reviewed 30 April 2014

If your having an extended stay in Ann Arbor, THIS IS WHERE YOU WANT TO BE!

All of the staff is very cheerful and accommodating. Josh in particular is probably the best front desk clerk I have ever met.

The accommodations are great. Cheap and effective in house laundry machines, actual dumbbells in the exercise room, very nice pool and jacuzzi, outdoor lounge area with two grills! A great breakfast of coffee, OJ, bagels, waffle machines, yogurt, oatmeal with fixins like walnuts and fresh fruit. In the evening, after a long days work, I often come in to a bright greeting and fresh baked cookies in the lobby, a special touch that makes a world of difference. They even have a little store in the lobby with things like drinks, certain toiletries and such that don't generally come with a hotel stay but your sure to forget to pack and stouffers meals. All of which you can purchase cash, credit or add to your room bill. MUCH more convenient than trying to scrounge up change for a stupid vending machine.

The rooms! Wow! The modern decor is extremely functional as well as aesthetically pleasing. Tons of multi mode lights that allow you to customize it to suit your exact mood. Need it bright? You got it. Want to dim it down? you got it. Want to dim it down but have a well lit workspace? Track lighting that specifically targets the desk (and casts some great shadows to boot)! Need lots of power outlets? I count 13 without even moving furniture. The standard wifi is both reliable and speedy enough for normal use and even accommodates online gaming and skype very well.

Tons of storage space, I mean tons! Even a storage ottoman for the couch. a table on wheels hidden under the desk for more surface space ( I like to cook dinner and use it as a bit of a dinner table in front of the tv lol).

Every piece of cookware you could possibly need down to colanders, steak knives, a set of tupperware, measuring cup and spoons and even a cheese peeler. A pitcher, tea bags and sugar are refreshed everyday so I can make ice tea. A dishwasher (which the house keeping staff will start for you once its half full), Full fridge with freezer, stovetop, toaster, microwave etc. Your very own digital wall thermostat, a nice tray for breakfast in bed or your laptop. They really thought of everything. Another point I really have to drive home, having stayed in many "extended stay" accommodations; The dishes and utensils (that you put in your mouth!) are immaculate and new. That seems like a no brainer but I can tell you lesser extended stays dont seem to care if you drink from a stained glass or dingey silverware.

You really have to experience these rooms. When I initially walked in, it was so nice I could have sworn it was set up for a magazine shoot. I really have to tip my hat to not only whoever decorated them, but to the amazing housekeeping staff that keeps it so bright and meticulous. And I mean METICULOUS! Down to all of the glasses in the cabinets being perfectly lined up, the silverware PERFECTLY arranged in the drawers. The tissues and washclothes folded into nice arrangements. It was really something else.

I can honestly say, if your staying for an extended period of time, like I do for work, there is absolutely no better place to be.

Room Tip: Don't worry about being on the first floor or close to the elevator or lobby. I'm in the clo...
Green Features: Very reasonable. They will refresh everything for you if you like, just simply recommend you do things like use your towel more than once, only have them change the linens once a week etc.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hi Chris! It was such a pleasure to read your detailed review about your experience with us. Thank you for taking notice and appreciation to both the hotel and the service. I would have to agree with you, Josh is a fantastic front desk clerk. I will definitely pass your review along to him and the rest of team who works hard to provide a "premier experience." We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Have a wonderful day!
Chelsea, Michigan
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I were in Ann Arbor for a few nights on a house hunting trip since we will be relocating to the area. We stayed at the TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor and enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean and provided enough space for the two of us. It was nice to have the refrigerator to keep beverages and leftovers to avoid eating out all the time. The bed was comfortable. Free internet was acceptable for our needs and we didn't need to upgrade to the higher speed. Staff was very friendly when we arrived, even though it was very late in the evening. The only thing that wasn't quite as I expected was the complimentary breakfast. The location of the area for serving breakfast was small and difficult to fit people. Breakfast options were limited, but sufficient. It was just a little small for an extended stay hotel. The other thing to mention is it is right near the highway so there is some highway noise. We just turned the fan on to run all the time so that we didn't hear the road noise. Otherwise, we had a great stay without any issues. The location made it easy to get to and from the Detroit airport, into Ann Arbor and to the surrounding areas. I would definitely recommend this location and would stay at this hotel again on another visit to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Brittany V, Front Desk at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hi rainstorm! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. It is great to hear that the amenities and service we provide to our guests has taken notice! In regards to breakfast, we are continuing to make improvements to ensure the breakfast that we provide meets the standards and expectations of Marriott and will also take this opportunity to share any feedback we receive. We are also looking for ways to lessen the highway noise in our rooms and appreciate when guests share that feedback. However, I am glad to hear it is not keeping you from staying with us again!
Hope to see you the next time you are in town!
Alex Wade
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was impressed with this hotel from the minute I entered the lobby. It was cool, rainy and my family had been traveling for over a week - yet somehow walking in we felt instantly refreshed. The place is clean, fresh, friendly and welcoming. The reception staffer was incredibly nice and professional. Fresh chocolate chip cookies also helped - YUM!

After check-in we headed out to a nearby restaurant for a late dinner and were happy with all of the choices in the immediate area. Our room was large, beds felt amazing, and it was incredibly quiet. The next morning we very much enjoyed the breakfast selections and had no problem finding a table for four. Breakfast staff did a nice job refreshing items and it was also very clean and tidy. The reception staffer was the same from the previous night, remembered me, asked how things were and wished us well. I only wish I could remember her name - she absolutely deserves some recognition!

That morning we checked-out and traveled to CS Mott Children's Hospital which was about a ~20 min ride across town in traffic. The drive is worth every minute to stay in this hotel! Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor - couldn't hear a pin drop although I noticed the next morning that t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AFM33
Brittany V, Front Desk at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
HI AFM33! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review about your visit here! I am pleased to hear that your trip to Ann Arbor was enjoyable. Our team strives to provide our guests with an unforgettable experience! I am glad to hear that we fit your needs and we are looking forward to seeing you in the future!
Have a nice week!