“A pleasant retreat”

TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were in town to have dinner with our daughter who is in Grad School at Michigan. This is a pet friendly hotel, which we did not need, but was nice to know. Glen checked us in and made us feel welcome. We requested a room on the main floor, 113 and were very happy with it. Clean, comfortable and convenient we enjoyed a good nights rest. We checked out after a lovely breakfast in the morning, cold cereal, orange juice, yogurt, bananas and coffee. Just enough.
When we returned home realized we had left our fan in the room. After a couple of calls, Beth, head of housekeeping called us and let us know she found it and was going to send it to our home. Can't ask for more. Booked 4 rooms in December for our daughter's graduation. Looking forward to another pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Convenient to U of M and any activities be it football or graduation.
1  Thank Shayne U
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hello Shayne! It was a pleasure to read your review, thank you for all of your kind words. I will definitely be sure to show your review to Glenn and Beth who provided excellent service. We are excited to have you back in December for your daughters graduation!
Go Blue!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stay at this hotel for a week while we visited my sister for the Thanksgiving holiday. The room was nice, clean and modern. Plus it had full refrigerator and mini kitchen stocked with kitchen utensils. Nice feature for when you brought leftovers from meals. Hotel was right across from a large mall which made it convenient especially during the holidays! The staff was very helpful and courteous. From now on every time I visit my sister who lives in Michigan... I will be staying at this establishment!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Qban1961! Also, thank you for taking notice to all of the amenities that the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Ann Arbor has to offer. I agree with you, our location is very convenient for all travelers. If your doing your holiday shopping the next time you come in make sure to check out our shoppers package. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!
Thanks again!
Brittany Villa

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I wanted to stay at a place with a built in kitchen in order to reduce my unprotuctive time and allow for more work to be done.

I was able to get groceries near by and could pack lunches for the work site as well as come 'home' late and whip up a quick meal and get back to work on the free internet.

Between that and the great breakfasts, I was thrilled with TownePlace Suites.

The room is very clean, has great lighting and was extremely comfortable. I really appreciated having clean dishes when I returned each evening. The chance to brew a large pot of coffee and a full refrigerator, etc. It really felt like home which was a great stress relief.

I'm sure the workout room and the pool were both great, but I really didn't have time to use them.

I would recommend this hotel to ANYBODY. Business travel, a couple, a family. Having a bit of 'home cooked food' is fantastic. There was even thoughtfully provided plastic storage container for left overs.

I also like the desk with the pull out section. I could use this pull out as a table or as a side desk as necessary.

I will look for other TownePlace Suites in my further travels. What a great place and great experience.

Room Tip: I thought I might be put off by the closeness of the interstate, but it didn't bother me one bit...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for such an outstanding review, Tim! I love that you referred the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Ann Arbor as your 'home' while here for business. Our team works hard to make every guest feel the same way whether they are here for one night or one year. I hope that if you are ever back in Ann Arbor for business or to visit the beautiful city, that we can be your Oasis again!
Have a wonderful day !
Brittany Villa

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel had great reviews so I reserved a suite for my wife and I and sister in law. The room was beautiful clean and modern. The major problem was the pull out couch. Well it was a pullout alright with basically no mattress to speak off. We called for a foam mattress to put on top of what was there but that barely helped. If you offer a pull out for a third person the hotel should make sure you can actually sleep on it. That is the reason people rent hotel rooms right? For a nights rest right! We complained the next morning and apparently they have had a lot of complaints about their sofa beds. Ya think you can fix it soon? And how does a big chain wind up with poor quality mattresses like that.

Room Tip: Highway near buy avoid rooms on that side of building
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Brittany V, Manager at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear chefantoine,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Ann Arbor and for taking the time to review your stay with us here on TripAdvisor.

I'm very sorry to learn that you and your guests had an uncomfortable stay with us. We offer a variety of room types which, in addition to the studio with a king bed, also include a studio with two queen beds as well as a two bedroom suite which features a queen sized bed in each bedroom. I am sure that either of these two room types would have been more suitable for you and your guests.

We do want to make this right for you as we believe in making sure our guests are satisfied. You can reach either myself or our Sales Coordinator, Brittany Villa, at (734) 327-5900. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to having another opportunity to serve you as a guest.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel. You get more than you would in a traditional hotel room. It is very clean and new. I stayed in a studio king room. The room had a full refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and stove top. Cupboards were full of kitchen utensils. Nice features if you like to bring back leftovers after dinner, or keep your own beverages refrigerated in your room. This is a great place for families with children too.
The bathroom was squeaky clean. The hotel is within walking distance to the Briarwood mall. I will definitely return to this hotel when I go back to Ann Arbor.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, Bertha55! We agree that it is quite handy being able to prepare meals for your own family in our rooms, and it can also prove to be quite a money saver! We definitely look forward to having you back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband is usually very picky about hotels, but he was very happy with this hotel. . Convenient to highway, Briarwood Mall, and other shopping, and just a short drive to the UM area. Parking lot is safe and well-lit. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We arrived a few hours before check-in, and the housekeeping staff was about to prepare our room in about 30 minutes. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We were a little disappointed that we did not have an in-room safe. It seems like these days, all hotels rooms should have the in-room safe. Breakfast was adequate - waffles, bagels, English muffins, yogurt, chilled hard-boiled eggs, cereal, apples, bananas. Snacks and other necessities are available for purchase in the lobby. Overall, this is a great hotel. We already have reservations here for our next visit to Ann Arbor. We have stayed at a few different hotels in Ann Arbor, and this will be our top choice for the future.

Room Tip: Our room faced the parking lot. We were not bothered by any noise at all.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us, Terry K! We are always eager to help our guests in any way that we can and I am happy to see that we were able to honor your early check-in. While we do not offer in-room safes, you can always inquire about our safe deposit boxes available that the front desk. Thanks for making us your top choice in the Ann Arbor area, and we look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The hotel is great. The location is very convenient to the campus. The rooms are bright and clean. The layout of the rooms is very nice--there is a kitchen with refrigerator, microwave and two electric burners. There is cutlery and plates. The bathroom is well laid out. Nice work area. The breakfast was fine. They have a grill outside if you want to do that. The staff are all nice. And the price is good--what more could you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for writing a review about our hotel, traveler2009Illinois! We are so happy to hear that your stay was worth every penny! I have to agree with you that our rooms have a terrific layout, and we were so happy to finally open up our outdoor patio area which includes grills for our guests to use. Be sure to bring your family back to visit again real soon!