“Perfect stay”

TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We needed a comfortable, clean place for a three night stay. Got it! The location was perfect. The staff was super friendly. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice and spacious the rooms were with a kitchenette. The breakfast wasn't big but just right, and the warm, complimentary cookies...yum! We'll return to the TownePlace Suites every time we visit the Ann Arbor area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Brittany V, Front Desk Agent at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us, PickyMidwestMom! You are right about our conevient location as we are just 5 minutes from the University of Michigan and located conveniently next door to Briarwood Mall. It is our teams goal to exceed our guests expectations and it makes me so happy to see that we were able to do so during your stay. Marriott is currently making some continued improvements to our breakfast offerings, so hopefully you will see those changes here in the near future. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back real soon!

Josh Ross
Front Desk Agent

There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here while attending a swim meet at EMU. It was about a 15 minute drive but was conveniently located to restaurants and shopping. The hotel staff was very helpful. There are 2 things that could have been a little better. First, the stairwell was a little smelly and just needs the carpets shampooed. The other was that more than 1 person should be able to grant a late check out not just the morning person that doesn't arrive until 7am. In the end it all worked out, but would have been helpful to know with 100% certainty that I was ok to check out late.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hi, kubbylee, and thank you for writing a review about your stay with us here at the TownePlace Suites. I am happy to see that you found us to be conveniently located and that you found our staff to be helpful during your stay with us. I did share your feedback about the stairwells with our Housekeeping Lead, and she is going to see what we can do to get the carpets taken care of. In regards to the late checkout, I am happy to see that we were able to grant your late checkout request for a 2:00 PM checkout. In order to guarantee a 3:00 PM check-in time for guests who are arriving, we have to make sure that we allow for ample time to clean our suites., which is why we prefer to have one person handle late checkouts so that we are not granting too many requests. We do appreciate your feedback and will continue to make improvements to our policies and procedures. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Josh Ross
Front Desk Agent

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My stay at this hotel was wonderful. I checked in when they opened, and stayed for 18 months. The staff really took care of me. In the warmer months, they have special events for the guests, which is nice. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hi Simmons123. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. You were with us from the very beginning and I cant thank you enough for your loyalty. Our teams goal is to exceed all of guests expectations and we are so glad that did so within the 18 months that you were here. Please let us know if you are ever back in the Ann Arbor area, we would love to welcome you home!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have been at the TownePlace in Ann Arbor since Feb 2014. Over the last 3.5 months I have received quality customer service here at the TownePlace and I will be here until September. The maid service often left surprises such as spring flowers in my room when the spring season finally arrived, a cup cake to thank me for being so sweet and a coffee mug with hot chocolate to warm the cold winter nights. The maintenance and maid servers: Dora, Kevin, Joe and Nayeli have helped to ensure my room remains well kept.
The front desk staff: Josh, Hannah, Jenneal, Glenn, Alex and Tom not only know my name but the names of all the members on ,my very large team, greet us with a warm welcome and even made accommodations for our often varied work schedule by having some breakfast items available for us when our work mornings began before 6am, or making sure our rooms were cleaned before we got in when we worked a late night shift to ensure that the things we needed for our room was stocked, so we would not be disturbed once we came in from work in the morning.
When it comes to resolving issues, the management staff, Brittany, Devin, Jaime and Beth worked expediently and effectively and any issue I had was taken care of right away and 100% to my satisfaction. TownePlace manager Brittany also sponsored "Ladies Night Out" which was a free mini-spa day for guests, including mini-manis for little girls. There were facials, massages, pedicures and manicures, with beverages and snacks. It was a well needed break from work and a very wonderful evening.
I have traveled throughout the U.S. for the last year and a half and stayed at several hotels, unfortunately most of the letters I wrote for them were not one of recommendation. This is the first hotel I would HIGHLY recommend that you stay. The hotel itself is also very chic, classy with a "welcome home" feel, and its appliances and decor is up to date.
The breakfast staff, Marqueze, is very nice, the breakfast itself is good- (could use some meat on the menu) :0) In the summer they have also started Wednesday night cook outs for the guests.
The pool and sauna and work out room are all great and its a great location next to the mall, but most importantly I cannot stress how great the customer service is.

I recommend that when you're in Ann Arbor you stay at the TownePlace Suites, its more up to date than the Residence Inn and its indoor, so you don't have to find your room while you are still outside (which is extremely important in the Michigan winter) and you still have the amenities of a room with a stove, fridge and microwave. They also keep their rooms clean behind pets so you don't have to worry about contact medical annoyances such as flea bites.

I am very selective of where I spend my time and money and I recommend, whether business or pleasure, you spend them both at TownePlace Suites in Ann Arbor.

Room Tip: 4th floor- because I dont like people above my head larger suites have a lock out room, meaning a d...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hi Kim! Thank you so much for all of your kind words and feedback. It was definitely a great way to start my week! I'm glad you are enjoying the little surprises when you are coming back from your work day. Be sure to keep your eyes out for the invitation to the next Girls Night. Marriott is currently working on expanding the breakfast selection for the TownePlace Suites, so hopefully in the near future you will be seeing meat! I will be sure to share your review with the rest of the team.
Thanks again!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were in town to have dinner with our daughter who is in Grad School at Michigan. This is a pet friendly hotel, which we did not need, but was nice to know. Glen checked us in and made us feel welcome. We requested a room on the main floor, 113 and were very happy with it. Clean, comfortable and convenient we enjoyed a good nights rest. We checked out after a lovely breakfast in the morning, cold cereal, orange juice, yogurt, bananas and coffee. Just enough.
When we returned home realized we had left our fan in the room. After a couple of calls, Beth, head of housekeeping called us and let us know she found it and was going to send it to our home. Can't ask for more. Booked 4 rooms in December for our daughter's graduation. Looking forward to another pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Convenient to U of M and any activities be it football or graduation.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello Shayne! It was a pleasure to read your review, thank you for all of your kind words. I will definitely be sure to show your review to Glenn and Beth who provided excellent service. We are excited to have you back in December for your daughters graduation!
Go Blue!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stay at this hotel for a week while we visited my sister for the Thanksgiving holiday. The room was nice, clean and modern. Plus it had full refrigerator and mini kitchen stocked with kitchen utensils. Nice feature for when you brought leftovers from meals. Hotel was right across from a large mall which made it convenient especially during the holidays! The staff was very helpful and courteous. From now on every time I visit my sister who lives in Michigan... I will be staying at this establishment!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Qban1961! Also, thank you for taking notice to all of the amenities that the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Ann Arbor has to offer. I agree with you, our location is very convenient for all travelers. If your doing your holiday shopping the next time you come in make sure to check out our shoppers package. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay!
Thanks again!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I wanted to stay at a place with a built in kitchen in order to reduce my unprotuctive time and allow for more work to be done.

I was able to get groceries near by and could pack lunches for the work site as well as come 'home' late and whip up a quick meal and get back to work on the free internet.

Between that and the great breakfasts, I was thrilled with TownePlace Suites.

The room is very clean, has great lighting and was extremely comfortable. I really appreciated having clean dishes when I returned each evening. The chance to brew a large pot of coffee and a full refrigerator, etc. It really felt like home which was a great stress relief.

I'm sure the workout room and the pool were both great, but I really didn't have time to use them.

I would recommend this hotel to ANYBODY. Business travel, a couple, a family. Having a bit of 'home cooked food' is fantastic. There was even thoughtfully provided plastic storage container for left overs.

I also like the desk with the pull out section. I could use this pull out as a table or as a side desk as necessary.

I will look for other TownePlace Suites in my further travels. What a great place and great experience.

Room Tip: I thought I might be put off by the closeness of the interstate, but it didn't bother me one bit...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for such an outstanding review, Tim! I love that you referred the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Ann Arbor as your 'home' while here for business. Our team works hard to make every guest feel the same way whether they are here for one night or one year. I hope that if you are ever back in Ann Arbor for business or to visit the beautiful city, that we can be your Oasis again!
Have a wonderful day !