“Nice place to stay in Ann Arbor with 2 kids and a dog!”

TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to stay with our two kiddos and dog on a long road trip. The hotel seems to be pretty new... Either that or it is really well maintained (or both).

We had a ground floor room, close to the pool. The room was really nice with a little kitchenette (large refrig/freezer) and huge spacious closet. Beds were fairly comfy and there was also a nice sized table with four chairs.

There is a nice area outside with some trails to walk your dog, and the hotel is also near the mall, which is a great place in the early morning to throw a ball, etc for your furry friend.

The included breakfast in the morning was great with lots of options.

The biggest negative for us was the $100 pet fee (ouch!). It was a really nice place to stay and I would actually seek out townplace again in the future if not traveling with a pet. But with one the fee is a little much.

Stayed: June 2014
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for the review, Kortney R! I am so glad that the Studio Suite was comfortable for you and your family. Thank you for taking notice to the functionality and spaciousness of the room. You were right in recognizing that the hotel is new, we just opened in October of 2012. I understand why you thought the pet fee was a little much for only staying one night. Being an all suite hotel, most of our guests are staying more than five nights and the same fee is applied. We hope to have you back again in the future!
Have a great day!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now. Each time the stay has been great. It is a fairly new facility (I think about a year and a half old). The rooms are bright and spacious, clean and comfortable. The location is good, right on the perimeter of the Briarwood Mall. It is a short drive to the UMich campus area.

Breakfast is adequate. Nothing amazing, but that's OK, I am not looking for anything massive.

My son is an incoming freshman at UMich, I expect to be staying here consistently for the next 4 years.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Hello mw147! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was awesome to read that you have found your 'home' when in Ann Arbor visiting your son. I completely agree with you on our convenient location. Being only 2.5 miles from the downtown area and right next to Briarwood Mall, our location is great for any type of traveler.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.
Go Blue!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

If you're looking for a great place to stay - that's more of a home away from home, with an accommodating staff, impeccably clean rooms, and a convenient location, let you must stay at the TownePlace Suites of Ann Arbor. I am here for business purposes quite often, and this is my Marriott Hotel of choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words, Skystar2! I am so glad that you can refer to us as your
'home away from home'. We understand that there are many hotels to choose from in the Ann Arbor area and we are so glad that we are your choice while here for work. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Have a wonderful weekend and see you soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We needed a comfortable, clean place for a three night stay. Got it! The location was perfect. The staff was super friendly. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice and spacious the rooms were with a kitchenette. The breakfast wasn't big but just right, and the warm, complimentary cookies...yum! We'll return to the TownePlace Suites every time we visit the Ann Arbor area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Brittany V, Front Desk Agent at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us, PickyMidwestMom! You are right about our conevient location as we are just 5 minutes from the University of Michigan and located conveniently next door to Briarwood Mall. It is our teams goal to exceed our guests expectations and it makes me so happy to see that we were able to do so during your stay. Marriott is currently making some continued improvements to our breakfast offerings, so hopefully you will see those changes here in the near future. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back real soon!

Josh Ross
Front Desk Agent

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here while attending a swim meet at EMU. It was about a 15 minute drive but was conveniently located to restaurants and shopping. The hotel staff was very helpful. There are 2 things that could have been a little better. First, the stairwell was a little smelly and just needs the carpets shampooed. The other was that more than 1 person should be able to grant a late check out not just the morning person that doesn't arrive until 7am. In the end it all worked out, but would have been helpful to know with 100% certainty that I was ok to check out late.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hi, kubbylee, and thank you for writing a review about your stay with us here at the TownePlace Suites. I am happy to see that you found us to be conveniently located and that you found our staff to be helpful during your stay with us. I did share your feedback about the stairwells with our Housekeeping Lead, and she is going to see what we can do to get the carpets taken care of. In regards to the late checkout, I am happy to see that we were able to grant your late checkout request for a 2:00 PM checkout. In order to guarantee a 3:00 PM check-in time for guests who are arriving, we have to make sure that we allow for ample time to clean our suites., which is why we prefer to have one person handle late checkouts so that we are not granting too many requests. We do appreciate your feedback and will continue to make improvements to our policies and procedures. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Josh Ross
Front Desk Agent

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My stay at this hotel was wonderful. I checked in when they opened, and stayed for 18 months. The staff really took care of me. In the warmer months, they have special events for the guests, which is nice. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hi Simmons123. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. You were with us from the very beginning and I cant thank you enough for your loyalty. Our teams goal is to exceed all of guests expectations and we are so glad that did so within the 18 months that you were here. Please let us know if you are ever back in the Ann Arbor area, we would love to welcome you home!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have been at the TownePlace in Ann Arbor since Feb 2014. Over the last 3.5 months I have received quality customer service here at the TownePlace and I will be here until September. The maid service often left surprises such as spring flowers in my room when the spring season finally arrived, a cup cake to thank me for being so sweet and a coffee mug with hot chocolate to warm the cold winter nights. The maintenance and maid servers: Dora, Kevin, Joe and Nayeli have helped to ensure my room remains well kept.
The front desk staff: Josh, Hannah, Jenneal, Glenn, Alex and Tom not only know my name but the names of all the members on ,my very large team, greet us with a warm welcome and even made accommodations for our often varied work schedule by having some breakfast items available for us when our work mornings began before 6am, or making sure our rooms were cleaned before we got in when we worked a late night shift to ensure that the things we needed for our room was stocked, so we would not be disturbed once we came in from work in the morning.
When it comes to resolving issues, the management staff, Brittany, Devin, Jaime and Beth worked expediently and effectively and any issue I had was taken care of right away and 100% to my satisfaction. TownePlace manager Brittany also sponsored "Ladies Night Out" which was a free mini-spa day for guests, including mini-manis for little girls. There were facials, massages, pedicures and manicures, with beverages and snacks. It was a well needed break from work and a very wonderful evening.
I have traveled throughout the U.S. for the last year and a half and stayed at several hotels, unfortunately most of the letters I wrote for them were not one of recommendation. This is the first hotel I would HIGHLY recommend that you stay. The hotel itself is also very chic, classy with a "welcome home" feel, and its appliances and decor is up to date.
The breakfast staff, Marqueze, is very nice, the breakfast itself is good- (could use some meat on the menu) :0) In the summer they have also started Wednesday night cook outs for the guests.
The pool and sauna and work out room are all great and its a great location next to the mall, but most importantly I cannot stress how great the customer service is.

I recommend that when you're in Ann Arbor you stay at the TownePlace Suites, its more up to date than the Residence Inn and its indoor, so you don't have to find your room while you are still outside (which is extremely important in the Michigan winter) and you still have the amenities of a room with a stove, fridge and microwave. They also keep their rooms clean behind pets so you don't have to worry about contact medical annoyances such as flea bites.

I am very selective of where I spend my time and money and I recommend, whether business or pleasure, you spend them both at TownePlace Suites in Ann Arbor.

Room Tip: 4th floor- because I dont like people above my head larger suites have a lock out room, meaning a d...