All reviews briarwood mall towne place suites full kitchen pool toys small kitchen sized fridge yogurt hard boiled eggs short drive parking lot is an easy drive free breakfast other hotels pull out couch laundry room king bed the breakfast area
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We chose to stay at this hotel for our wedding to be able to bring our pup (the $100 is pretty pricy however) - which worked out PERFECT! We had a one bedroom suite which was big enough for us and our wedding stuff (bonus!). The hotel is new and the rooms are super clean, bright and pretty. The free breakfast in the lobby is great with lots of options, both healthy (wheat english muffins & hard boiled eggs) and indulgent (waffle maker). The lobby and eating area are both small, and there is no restaurant or bar - but that was not the purpose of our trip so it didn't effect us. The thing we enjoyed the most about our stay was the friendly and incredibly helpful staff! They were genuinely interested in all of their guests and went out of their way for us and everyone else I saw them interact with. We can’t say thank you enough to Brittany and her entire team!

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Hi Meryl! Thank you for such a kind review. I speak for myself and the rest of the team when I say that we really enjoyed having you, Chris, and Stella here for your big day! I would have to agree with you, we do have an amazing staff who genuinely cares about all of our guests and their needs.They take pride in what they do and they are great at it! I was so happy to hear from them that your day turned out perfect when I returned to work on Monday morning. Whenever you come back to the Ann Arbor area to visit friends or family, we would love to welcome you back!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Nice hotel. Good value for money. Not close to University but not too far. Will need a car. Free breakfast was sparse but typical for this level hotel. I'd stay here again if I needed to be in Ann Arbor. Thankfully, all kids have graduated, now!

Room tip: Get government rate if you qualify.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hello Julian! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. You must be so proud and relieved now that all of your kids are done with school! It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay here at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Ann Arbor. We are currently working on the expansion to our breakfast. Thank you for your feedback on that.
Thanks again and Go Blue!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I really like this place. Everything felt and smelled new. The staff was friendly, the work out room was a good size. The pool and hot tub was great. The hotel was right beside the mall, awesome location. The breakfast was included and was good. We really liked the suite rooms. The room was a great size. We would defiantly stay again.

Date of stay: July 2014

Thanks for the review, capm177! You were correct in guessing that the hotel is new. We just opened our doors in October of 2012. Thank you for your appreciation towards our suites. Our studios are 30% larger than the average hotel room making the stay more comfortable for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Ann Arbor.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here one night enroute to a family reunion. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly and suited our needs. One piece of advise: if you plan to have kids sleep on the couch, opt for the 2 queen room instead of the King with a couch. It was a little cramped.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Flyrodtrouter
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hello Flyroudtrouter! Thank you for the review. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Ann Arbor. I would have to agree with you, the Studio Two Queen room is best when staying with more than two people. We hope to welcome you back the next time you and your family are in Ann Arbor.
Have a great day!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was a very well kept inn in a good location. The young woman at the front desk was friendly and helpful. I arrived later on a Sunday afternoon and the adjacent Briarwood Mall was closing. I didn't feel like driving into town to eat and the hotel does not have a restaurant. The clerk suggested that I might like the restaurant at the Hilton Garden Inn on the other side of the parking lot. She was right. The waitress and meal there were excellent. I was coming off a cross country trip with the expected good and bad lodging experiences. This was a good one and an nice way to end my 2 week stay in the U.S. before returning to Canada. I will stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Brittany V, Sales Coordinator at TownePlace Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thanks for the review, Jeff! I appreciate your kind words and feedback from your stay here at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Ann Arbor. It was wonderful to read that your experience with us was a great way to end your trip. I will be sure to let our team know of their job well done. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.