“Its NICE, however...”

Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My hotel stay was very nice, yet I had to interact with the hotel staff a bit too much. Though friendly, this was during the Valentine's Day Weekend where there were a lot of interact with friendly staff, lots of kids and some noise as our room was by the stairs. Lord, stay away from the stairs. The bar area - very nice and friendly staff. Overall, scale of 1 to 5 - we give it a 4. BE AWARE of the parking as this place is SHARED by another hotel across the way and LOTS of cars were there. Had to park across the street at the Mall. It was not far to walk to the hotel, so that was a good thing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christina B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Hello Gregory D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you had some small troubles with your time here. Yes, parking has been a little tight on weekends this winter due to all of the extra snow. However, we wish to inconvenience you as little as possible and will even clear your car of snow after any snowfall!

I do hope the next time you are in the Ann Arbor area you are able to give us another try. Please contact me directly if you wish to discuss your stay further. bell@raymondteam.com or 734.324.6400.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times and never had a bad experience. Great staff. Clean rooms. Spacious bathroom and shower. Welcoming lobby and lounge area. Best location - close to restaurants and shopping. Easy access to downtown Ann Arbor and the highway.

Hi Woodrow W A,

Thanks for the great review - I will be sure to share it with the team! It is always a pleasure having you stay at the hotel and we certainly appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel is very clean and the rooms are nice. The staff is welcoming and helpful. The fitness room was perfect, and very clean. The lobby is a quiet place to work or read a book in the afternoon, and gets busy in the evening with guests, but that was not a problem. If I need to travel to Ann Arbor again, I will definitely stay in this hotel.

Hello Megan M,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor. I appreciate you taking the time to provide a review and touch on some of the things that were important to you during your visit. The entire team will be happy to hear your comments - everyday we strive to be our best and it is great to hear that you experienced that.

We hope you come back soon!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I was in town for business this week, and have had some recent stays in the area that were not so great. I reached out the Manager, Frank whom settled any issue I may have had in the past. He was a great pleasure to deal with, very accommodating and a great guy overall (two thumbs up). He went head over heels to make sure my stay was a great one, which is sure was. The room was very clean, the location is as good as it gets, the staff is all very friendly and welcoming as well as the atmosphere in the lobby. I ordered room service last night and Kristen was super helpful on suggested menu items, the food was both delicious and was ready in less than 20 minutes! Between Kristen and Frank, this stay was a great success and I will always be returning my business here on a bi weekly basis!

Hi Csandagato,

"Best location in town, hands down!" That title sure does make the team feel great. I have shared your comments with them - especially with Kristin and Frank. We are so pleased that we have come to know you and can welcome you into the hotel as a friend. Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We came from Mexico and visited Ann Arbor for the first time this past weekend (February 14, 2014). I have to say that after spending our days outside in 10 degree weather, it was a great feeling to come back to the warm, well-lit, very well designed and welcoming lobby at the Hilton Garden Inn. The rooms are new, well spaced, quiet (we stayed in 408 at the top floor, but I could tell that our footsteps may have been heard by the guests below, so we minded not steping on the floor too hard). Service by the staff was corteous, and everyone was very interested in ensuring we had a pleasant stay.

The business center and hotel WiFi (free!) was very good, we had free access to a printer.

The fitness center was also above standard, however two of the treadmills had a non-functioning TV monitor.

The only two minor gripes we had:

1) Rooms do not have a safe, so we had to come to the front desk and put our Passports in a safety deposit box. Electronic safes are really inexpensive these days, I would recommend the hotel installs one in every room.
2) One day the restaurant was very busy for breakfast and it seemed they were under staffed, it took a long while just to get our table cleaned up and our order taken. But they were extremely good about it and did not charge us for breakfast (we had the free breakfast package and it didn't matter, but it was an extremely good gesture). Pancakes were amazing.

I would highly recommend anyone visiting Ann Arbor to stay at this hotel. It is also less tan two miles from the Big House and Crisler Center.

Room Tip: We stayed in 408 and it was really quiet!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hi JuanFernandezG,

Thanks so much for the wonderful review. It is great to hear that you had a nice time at the Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor while visiting from Mexico. The fireplace and coffee in the lobby certainly help to take the chill off on these wintry days - and it is definitely welcomed after being in the 10 degree weather!

I appreciate your feedback on both the safes and the breakfast service. This information has been shared with our leadership team as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel offerings.

If you find yourself in Ann Arbor again, we would love to have you back.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed on Valentine's Day. The rooms were very clean, hotel is freshly remodled. Staff was very friendly. Loved the walk in shower instead of a tub shower. And the coffee was amazing. New large flat screen TV also.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Douglas O,

Thanks so much for joining us for Valentine's Day this year! I am so happy to hear that you both enjoyed your stay. The large flat screen TV's (42 inches) are heavenly mixed with room service from the Garden Grille and Bar. I hope the next time you have a getaway planned that you come visit again.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Nice, typical hotel room. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. Went with my son for a college audition at University of Michigan which was a short drive away (10 minute drive maybe?). When I booked the room I told them we were visiting the college and they gave me a substantial discount off of the listed rate. We ate breakfast there which consisted of your typical continental choices of bagels, yogurt, fruit, cereals, etc., but you could also order hot items such as omelets, eggs, pancakes. The breakfast was not included in the price of the room, but it was inexpensive.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christina B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thanks for the great review Pinklotus65! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor. We hope that your son's visit to the University of Michigan went well - what an exciting time for all of you! Everyone here at the hotel hopes to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,