“Ann Arbor Hilton Garden In”

Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Great accommodations and location. Easy access to city and freeways. Friendly and helpful people. I was there during a big snowstorm and I was helped in the morning by someone with getting my car ready. Scrapped windows etc.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Franz G

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Spent a night here for a business trip to the university. Very conveniently located, just 10 minutes or so from campus. Right next to the mall, though I didn't do any shopping.
The room was good, with an updated glass door shower stall (instead of the ubiquitous tub and curtain), which was nice. I didn't check out the dining or exercise facilities, but for a clean, pleasant, convenient place to stay for business at the university, this place was perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ptbooth
Christina B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Hi ptbooth,

Thanks so much for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor! I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a review of your recent stay. It is good to hear that you had such a nice stay when visiting the University on business. I will be sure to share all of your nice comments with our team. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Ann Arbor.

Enjoy your day,

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This is a great hotel. It is in an odd place, but is easy to get to and surprisingly close to everything, so the location didn't hamper at all. The rooms are a bit small, but the price reflected that so I still found this to be a good value. We had an excellent experience. The staff was sharp, the hotel was clean and I was hard pressed to find a fault. I am personally a fan of the prairie style look, and this place tries (on the inside). I was really surprised at how well this hotel was staffed and ran. Clean rooms, clean halls, metal polished, everything tight and tidy. All the staff was pleasant with a smile and efficient help. I don't frequent Ann Arbor, but when I need to go back, I will certainly stay here. A great experience at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hello Andrew K,

Thank you taking the time to provide a review of your recent hotel stay. You mentioned our location and that it is a bit odd - we agree, but it works so well! We are so close to I-94 that it makes getting here and leaving the hotel fast and convenient. Not to mention we are right across the street from the Briarwood Mall and very close to the local businesses and University. The polished feel comes with a lot of hard work and elbow grease so the team will be so pleased to hear that you had an "excellent experience" while staying with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Ann Arbor. Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 28 February 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the Hilton garden inn while visiting our son,daughter in law and grandchildren in Ann Arbor. The room was clean, the children enjoyed the indoor pool and the location was great. The staff could not have been more accommodating. We will definitely stay here on our next visit.

Room Tip: The hotel has a very nice full breakfast for around $10. However for 3.95 my husband and I enjoyed a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancy M

Hi Nancy M,

Thanks for the great feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It sounds like you had a wonderful time seeing your grandkids and family. I am so happy to hear that they had the opportunity to utilize our "Cool Pool!" The dump bucket fountain is definitely my favorite - did your grandchildren have a favorite?!

I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town to visit your family.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I've stayed in a few hotels in the area and this has been the best. Overall, I'd consider the hotel to be average but in the area I'd say above average. This hotel is clean and efficient. If you're looking for no frills and just need a good sleep this is your place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hello megs0607,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a TripAdvisor Review for the Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor! I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and efficient. We have a great housekeeping team here at the hotel that strives to make our hotel the cleanest possible - they will love to hear your kind comments.

I hope to see you in the future when you visit Ann Arbor again.

Take Care,

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This hotel was great with one exception... the breakfast! The front desk staff were friendly & efficient. The pool & hot tub were both kept tidy & even though there were a number of kids present, it didn't seem overly crowded albeit a bit loud (which is to be expected). The rooms were clean & fresh. The only real issue my husband and I both had was the breakfast area both Saturday & Sunday mornings. They were terribly understaffed and quite grouchy. Both mornings when we arrived for breakfast, there wasn't a clean table to be had. The first day we opted for the least-dirty table we could find, the second day we went with a spot at the bar (hoping service would be better the second time around). It wasn't!!! After placing our order & waiting 30 minutes, we decided to track down one of the waitstaff & ask them to check on our order. They arrived a few minutes later with half of our order. When we explained that it was not the entire order, they gave a turned heel & walked away to find the remainder of our order with no apology or comment of any kind. 3-5 minutes later she arrived with the rest of the order which had obviously been sitting on a counter somewhere in the kitchen because it was dreadfully cold. No one ever came back to the bar to check on us, so once again I had to track someone down & this time requested a replacement that was actually warm. I was greeted with a sneer and a jerk of the plates from my hand... not at all what I would expect at a Hilton!!! Disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Christina B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Hello theck2,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of the hotel. It sounds like overall you had a great trip, but that we let you down big time during breakfast. I appreciate the comments that you left as this provides us with an opportunity to continue to grow and improve. Please know that this is not the typical service that you would receive when dining at the Garden Grille and Bar. I would love to discuss this further with you to ensure your satisfaction - if you wish, feel free to contact me at bell@raymondteam.com or 734.327.6400

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor (Briarwood) really sets the bar for how all hotel experiences should be. The property is lovely and the staff is amazing! The pool is a real draw if you have kids. They have done a great job hiring the right people and training them well. They are cheerful and go out of their way to make sure your stay is pleasant. I live in the general area, but whenever my family wants to go on a "get-a-way" (staycation locally) there is no question where we will go. It is always the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hi Kari O,

It is so great to hear that you had the chance to come stay with us! All of your kind comments are greatly appreciated and something that I will share with the team. Everyday we strive to provide the best service possible and I am happy to hear that you experienced this.

We look forward to seeing you on your next local getaway!

Best Wishes,