“Great Ann Arbor option”

Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Washington, DC
“Great Ann Arbor option”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've stayed here a couple of times and there's never a problem. The facility is new, the location is convenient. Room is clean and quiet, and the staff are awesome. Last visit (May 2014) I'd experienced 14 hours of plane delays, and upon arriving in Detroit, my bag was lost. The front desk staff helped me out that evening with toiletries, and the next evening I arrived back to my room to find that Kirstin had left me a nice note, some M&Ms, and a $15 Target gift card. That's great customer service.

I haven't eaten there, or used the pool, but both seemed nice - the kids I saw at the pool were having a blast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Christina B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Hi Hampton S,

Thanks so much for the great review! It never makes for a great start to a trip when your bags are lost, but I am glad to hear that our team, specifically Kirstin, helped turn that around for you! I will be sure to share all of your feedback with the team and let them know of your nice stay at the hotel. We hope to see you the next time you are here on business or leisure!

Christina Bell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Granite Bay, California
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We travel from California to Ann Arbor frequently and prefer to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Though we have stayed at other hotels in the area, this is our favorite. The service and location are excellent. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The restaurant is pretty good for breakfast as well. When we return to Ann Arbor we will stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard K
Richard K, we really appreciate all of the kind feedback and comments! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We do realize that you have a number of options of hotels to stay at in the Ann Arbor area and we are so grateful that you return to the Hilton Garden Inn each time. Thank you for your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best,
Hoosierdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel is pretty new, so everything is clean and bright AND everything works. The room keys are the most modern things you can think of, short of iris scans. You just hold the card up to the sensor and the door unlocks. I thought the rates were a little high ($169 per night, plus taxes) but then again I forgot to request a AAA discount, so that's my fault. One thing I didn't like: One of the four pillows in our room was obviously a king-size pillow - it was too big for the pillowcase and one end kept popping out. The other three were regular size pillows and didn't pop out the end of the pillowcase. I thought that was a trifle unsanitary, to be honest, but we were so busy with stuff in Ann Arbor that I forgot to mention it to the front desk while we were there. I expect that they would have corrected the situation immediately - the desk staffers were, to a person, quite friendly and helpful. Free wifi in the room and free coffee and tea in the lobby - all very nice. Here's one observation: Since it is a brand-new hotel, I found it interesting that the one place where the builders cut corners was in the bathroom - we had a walk-in shower but no tub. I couldn't get the shower head to give me anything other than a concentrated stream of water, but the pressure was good and there was no wait time for hot water. The only real quibble that I had with the place is that it isn't really all that accessible from 94 - there is no easy-on/easy-off, so it took a little finding the first time or two that we had to make our way back there.

1 Thank DlovesJ
Hello DlovesJ,

Thank you for all of the feedback - I really appreciate the time and effort you put into providing us with an honest review. It seems as though we did an okay job, but certainly did not WOW you, which is our goal with every single person that comes into the hotel. All of the issues that you had in the guest rooms with the pillows as well as the shower will be addressed with the Leadership team so that we can improve our practices and standards for the next guest and hopefully you the next time you are in Ann Arbor.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly as I would like to discuss your overall stay in greater detail with you. I can be contacted at bell@raymondteam.com or 734.585.0304

KANSAS CITY, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very very nice stay. Would highly recommend this hotel and any other Hilton Garden Inn. Beautiful lobby. Really enjoyed the fire pit out on the patio. The servers, breakfast area were so nice and very accommodating.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Christina B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi Sara W,

Thank you so much for all of the kind comments! We were so happy that you and your family were able to stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the team at the hotel, especially the breakfast servers and everyone is so pleased that you had a good time. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Ann Arbor.

Muskegon, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Pool is awesome for kids. It is walking distance of beautiful mall. Staff was wonderful. Breakfast is very good and reasonably priced. Lobby and landscaping is pretty. It is clean, quiet, and over-all just a really nice place.

Hi Richard D,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of the hotel! I am so pleased to hear that you had a good time during your recent stay. Isn't the pool awesome?! There is so much truth behind the name "Cool Pool" and the kids really do love it. I hope the next time you find yourself in Ann Arbor that you join us again.

Detroit, MI
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a great time at HGI over our wedding weekend! They made us feel so special. We were greeted with complimentary champagne and cheese plate at check-in! The staff was amazing and thoughtful. The entire place is immaculate. The fitness center is great and outfitted for a full workout with new cardio machines and a full dumb bell weight set. The pools is spectacular and and great for families, which was perfect for our nieces and nephews that visited. We were delighted with our stay here!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello loggerin,

Once again, congratulations!! We were so pleased that you chose our hotel to stay at for your wedding weekend and that you had a great time! Our housekeeping team works so hard to keep the hotel looking and feeling immaculate - I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to them. Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Best wishes on your new life together!

Houston, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is such a pleasant hotel. Everything is clean and well kept. The staff are very friendly and helpful. My only problem during my stay was that there is no safe in which to store a computer in the room. This was solved by keeping it in the locked luggage room. My wife and daughter made use of the workout room every day. Breakfast is good and reasonably priced. Although pricing seems a little high for area, I would stay there again without hesitation. The indoor swiming pool looks inviting, but we did not partake.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Christina B, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello Charles Vincent C,

It is wonderful to hear that you and your family had a great stay when you were recently at the Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor! I have shared your feedback with our team and they are all so pleased that you clean, friendly and helpful experience! If there is anything that I can do to make your stay even more enjoyable, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

See you soon!