“Great Authentic Mexican” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Isalita

Isalita
Reserve with OpenTable
Isalita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 588 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Division
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Authentic Mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had dinner for the first time this past Friday for my daughter-in-law's birthday and we will definitely be back! The food was authentic Mexican and delicious! We started with the queso fundido which is served with small flour tortillas, the salsa trio (the salsa verde is some of the best I have had) and the truffle guacamole. For dinner we ordered different plates of tacos and shared them. Most of them are three small tacos to a serving. Our favorites were the carnitas, Baja fish, hanger steak and Al Pastor. Our server was very friendly and helpful with suggestions for our table. The only downside is the room was very loud and it was difficult to have conversation at the table and not feel like you were yelling.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Michigan
“Fresh, Delicious, Need to Try Again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We went just for a light supper, and waited the 30 minute wait time at the bar. Once seated, we ordered chicken and fish tacos, and the plantains. The tacos were outstanding. the plantains were cut too thin and overcooked. Our waitress said the chef likes to make sure they are caramelized; ours were more carbonized. Had we gone for a larger meal I would perhaps have had a better sense of the freshness and imagination that is implied on their menu. We may have to try again.

Visited June 2014
Ann Arbor, MI
“Best Mexican Downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I really enjoy eating and drinking at Isalita. Everything is fresh, including all the ingredients that go into the drinks. I enjoy all of the tacos. Many have little twists on traditional Mexican that makes them so flavorful. They make excellent ceviches, solid guacamole. Although my favorite plate on the menu may be the potato and poblano quesadilla. Don't expect large portions, most are smaller portions to be shared. In reality, I think they are to share between 2 people. Split between 3 is stretching it. It can be noisy, but that's the vibe they are creating. My favorite thing to do here is sit at the bar and eat, the bartenders are great. As far as cost Isalita can be as inexpensive or as expensive as you like. Depends how many smaller plates you like.

• Visited May 2014
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Amazing - And Allergy Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I love this place. I think it is among the best restaurants not only in Ann Arbor, but in the U.S. The food is go fresh and the tastes and flavors are bold. The menu is creative but you can also find the classics which my group appreciated (business dinner). Great drink menu, handcrafted amazing cocktails. Long waits but worth it. And as for price... All the restaurants in Ann Arbor are expensive. At least this one delivers a great meal and service to match.

Re: allergies.... I have many (gluten, soy, dairy) and there is a ton on this menu that I can eat or that they alter to accommodate. So appreciated!!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Overpriced for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

The food was good and the salsa and guac were amazing but seemed a little over priced for waht you got. The server was nice but kind of slow to refill drinks. I would probably not go there for a full meal again but would have drinks and chip/salsa for sure.

• Visited March 2014