“great pizza!!!!!!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Stopped here by chance since all the restaurants in town were closed at 10 pm. So glad we did. The pizza is amazing. I have not had crust this great in so long. The sauce was awesome. My daughter had their gluten free white pizza...simply the best,

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I was born in Brooklyn, NY and raised on Long Island. NYPD is THE best New York pizza I have had in the MIdwest. I'm an "expert" on REAL New York pizza and this is the real deal. You gotta go have some!

Reviewed 9 November 2012

This is hands down probably the best, and closest to NY City style pizza, I have had since moving to Michigan. I am generally a pizza snob, growing up in the NYC area, and can be harsh with pizza reviews. But this is it!! Excellent crust, no conveyor-belt ovens to be found on premises, 16" slices, good cheese, cheese and pepperoni grease dripping off the slices, baked ziti on the menu rather than masticiolli, the perfect pizzeria smell when walking in the door....

Of course, I had to see folks in front and behind us ruin a perfectly good pizza by putting barebecue chicken on one, and a bunch of green veggie stuff with no sauce on the others....but hey, to each their own I guess!

This place also has chicago-style pizza, which looked good, but I always prefer the NY-style. There are also a variety of "pizzeria-style" dishes - meatball sandwiches, ziti, subs, etc., that could be ordered. But pizza seemed to be the only thing being sold when we were there on a Friday during peak lunchtime.

Lunch special includes two slices (with any toppings) and a "bottomless" soda for about $7. Not the cheapest, but not bad either. They do have a handful of beers on tap, including Bell's and Founders (both Michigan brews)...as tempting as it was, though, I had to pass up, being in the middle of the day and everything!

This is definitely pizzeria-style, so there is no waitstaff, you are deifnitely on your own. Counter help though (including one of the owners when I was there) was excellent, very efficient, and very helpful.

Definitely found a favorite spot....I WILL be back!!

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We had just arrived in Ann Arbor about 12 hours before ordering a pizza (margherita) from these folks. They were very nice and although they didn't say so, I think they went outside their typical delivery radius to help us out (we had no idea where we were and could only give a street address.) Pizza was delicious, crust one of the best I've tasted. Two thumbs up!

Reviewed 27 November 2011

As someone who grew up near Nyc and downtown New Haven, CT. I can tell you this pizza is probably the most authentic ny style pizza you'll find in MI!