“Open veranda delight”
Review of Real Seafood Co.

Real Seafood Co.
Reserve with OpenTable
Real Seafood Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 593 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Liberty and William
Detroit
“Open veranda delight”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

After a morning of boutiques we were delighted to dine in the open air veranda of this seafood eatery . We were quickly greeted and seated at a prime table giving us a view of the street and inside restaurant . We chose our wine beverages and shrimp cocktail appetizer. We both dined on tuna Niçoise salad . We declined dessert.
An amazing lunch .

• Visited July 2014

Frederick, Maryland
“Fun and tasty”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After a terrific experience at the Real Seafood Company in Toledo, my father and I chose to dine at the original location on THIS Father's Day. Ann Arbor's Main Street is a revitalized strip of shops and many inviting restaurants. Real Seafood Co. has walls open to the sidewalk so if you don't score a table directly on the sidewalk, you can get very close!
We arrived a bit early for our reservation at 5:00 and were glad we did. Restaurant started to fill up at 5:00 with many other fathers... Our waiter, Nicholas, had a table of 7 and a table of 5 and the two of us arriving within 10 minutes of each other. A bit busy, but we never felt abandoned nor waited for anything. A true professional!
The menu was a diverse as we expected. My 90 year old father experienced the electronic tablet menus for the first time. He was fascinated and delighted.
He's a whitefish lover and I like to have it when in Michigan. The menu listing in Specialties offered Sautéed Whitefish with mushrooms and Michigan cherries. He loved it, I wished the dish had been less "saucy." And I don't think I'll have mushrooms with my fish again. Not my preference. The glazed carrots were fantastic small whole carrots in a delight sauce. The salad was terrific. We ate simply, but totally enjoyed our experience.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Karen J
New Haven
“Consistantly good seafood”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Yes, it can be pricey, but the quality of the food, the well-trained staff and the ambiance makes it well worth the visit.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank estravel
Ann Arbor
“Not worth it.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Expensive for not very interesting seafood. It has an old-school feel. Not bad food but just not worth going back for.

• Visited May 2014
Fenton, Michigan
“Fun night out with friends!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A bit pricey but the food was very good. My husband tried some of a friend's lobster and said it was amazing! We had quite a large group but we had 2 servers which helped keep things moving. At the end the servers even took some pictures of all of us. The Ipad menus are very cool as well. I liked being able to see the picture of the dishes.

• Visited May 2014