“Always the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 591 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Liberty and William
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Always the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I love to go to the Chop House in Ann Arbor always a great meal and never disappointing. I did take my kids for dinner here and they have a new favorite restaurant. I do recommend the Chop House it is a great place. I also like the Cigar bar with desert.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank a2james

“You get what you pay for.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

This was my first time going to the chop house. We received a gift card for our wedding last month and decided to go. We made reservations for 9:00. They said it would be less hectic at that time. The service was slower than your usual restaurant, which wasn't expected. The drinks were delicious. We ordered a Venice beach and a honey nut raspberry martini. I ordered an 11 ounce filet mignon ($43.00) and my husband ordered a 15 ounce New York Strip steak ($44.95). Both were cooked to perfection. However, neither came with any sides. For that price, you should get several sides. All side dishes are available for an extra charge and are large portions which can be shared. We ordered the 1 pound baked potato with sour cream, butter and chives. It was delicious. We passed on dessert because we were full and it is a very small portion for $6.00-$9.00 each. We decided that we would only go back if we had a gift card. Texas Road House will be great for us!

1 Thank Jennahlee87
Milford, Michigan
“Same Server Adrienne past 2 visits!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Last couple times we've taken newbies that have never been to the Chop House that were from out of town. Service was flawless. We've also been very excited and extremely happy with our server Adrienne. She recognized me right away and it's usually my husband that has the distinct look and who is always remembered. Adrienne is always a charm to have as our server.The only let down was that the Chop House had several reservations Friday and didn't allow anyone to smoke a cigar in the cigar lounge till after 11pm. We had a cigar connoisseur with us and we really wanted him to be able to see and feel the atmosphere of the lounge. Didn't happen, as we couldn't wait around for it to open to cigar smoking. Overall, happy! Thanks to Adrienne! =)

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank LAWZ1973
Livonia, Michigan
“Great food, great atmosphere- free birthday dinner!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I went to the Chop House to celebrate my birthday. Our 8 month daughter decided to tag along! She is really good though, so I wouldn't use her as a standard.
Dinner was great, ambiance was amazing! It was very romantic. The food was awesome too. I ordered the lamb chops which were phenomenal. My husband ordered a porterhouse. He said it was great- not the best he has had. Our sides were the potatoes and the seasonal veggie (cauliflower).
Salad was huge, and for $15 each I would have expected something with a little more flavor.

Best part? YOU EAT FREE ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!! Though the tab still wasn't small, its a whole lot better when its cut in half!

Will definitely be back again.

• Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“A special treat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

A little expensive but good to give yourself a special treat.The steak was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth - even when I ordered mine medium with no blood showing! A little disappointed with the desserts though - quite ordinary and too sweet.

Visited September 2013