“Funky vibe and great food”

Angelo's Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 660 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 June 2018

The setting is that of a cool diner and the food is really good! We had a couple of omelelttes, deep fried french toast and a tuna melt. All were wonderful and served in very generous portions. The home made bread is fabulous, both the raisin one and the white bread. It is great in sandwiches, the french toast or just plain. This is a busy place so be prepared to wait but it is worth it. The staff is friendly and attentive eventhough they are very busy. The one criticism is that the coffee was a bit weak. We wished it were stronger and more flavorful. Nevertheless, this is a place we will visit regularly.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for brunch after a wedding and it was jamming on Saturday around noon. Worth the wait though. Great portions with friendly staff! Located right near the UofM Medical Campus.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

I've been coming here for breakfast or lunch for 40 years and have never had a bad meal or bad service. Sometimes the wait is out the door, but always well worth it. They make their own bread and I favor the raisin bread, but I ask for it sliced thin. Corned beef hash is homemade and as good as you'll find anywhere. I have it with two poached eggs on top and they always do the eggs perfectly. Eggs Benedict are great-- with ham or salmon-- but I ask them to leave off the slice of green pepper. They have terrific lunch specials every day. Chicken Canelloni on Mondays, a special Greek dish on Tuesdays, Barbeque Pork Sandwiches on Wednesdays, Meatloaf on Thursdays and Fish and Chips on Fridays.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Stopped in for a visit last Saturday for lunch. Arrived around 1pm and got a parking spot in their small lot (there is a lot across the street as well). I assumed it would be a place usually catered to the U of M students, but that was not the case - this is a place for everyone to enjoy - mind you..there was a fair amount of students when we were there.

Quite a diverse menu, with your typical American food (burgers, sandwiches, fries, etc.). You do get very good portion sizes here! My wife enjoyed her burger and fries, and I opted for a Combination Club (turkey, ham, bacon, tomato, lettuce, mayo). I really like the bread they used, but was slightly disappointed that the turkey was just turkey lunch meat (not actual breast). The coleslaw side was fantastic.

I'd recommend a visit if you are in the Ann Arbor area. It seems to be a very popular place. They even have a take out/delivery only area called Angelo's On The Side at the back of the diner. More importantly, I'd stop in again should I be in Ann Arbor area.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

… is something that you will not want to hear. For a great breakfast, this is the place in Ann Arbor to visit.

Now that said, you will have to get there early … it is highly popular with students, visiting alumni, and the staff in local university offices.

The portions are huge, and the prices are reasonable. The 3-egg omelet (I swear it was more like 4 or 5), with up to four ingredients (I chose sausage, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, and onions), was $9.95, with freshly baked wheat toast. Home fries were extra, but, again, the portion was huge.

Service was attentive.