“It's a local institution which is definitely worth a visit”

Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger
Ranked #69 of 621 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Ann Arbor's oldest hamburger stand since 1953. Serving made to order sliders cooked in front of you as you order. Beef ground fresh on site daily. Homemade onion rings and deep fried veggies.
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We'd read other reviews which warned about ordering correctly. To put your fears to rest, it's not the Soup Nazi. In fact, we found the very tall guy with the pony tail to be very friendly, especially to our boys. You do order in a non-traditional way, but it's not a Soviet prison by any means.

Food was greasy and cheap (exactly what we expected), and the eating area pretty cramped. But if you're looking for some local color or a college favorite, then Blimpy Burger is the place.

Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

I guess being on tv means you get to charge double for an average slider and fried vegetables. $70 for five of us at lunch and nobody got that much food - just sliders and onion rings. My stomach hurt for the next several hours. It's a bit kitchy - the old photos and "how to order" board and very old seats. I guess I just don't get it.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Every time we go back to A-2, we have to eat at Blimpy Burgers. My dad took me when I was in college, and he at there when he was in school. Great burgers, jsut the right amount of grease, amazing onion rings and fried brocolli.

As they say on the sign, we do have a fat free item. Water.

Keep slinging those burgers!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

My college class went here as a field trip in authentic Ann Arbor culture. The sliders were much better than a White Castle, and the french fries unique. A must visit if you're in the area.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

This is a very small hamburger “restaurant” that offers extremely greasy food. Don’t get me wrong, I was not looking for “Healthy” choices in a Hamburger restaurant, but this was beyond my imagination. The patties are very small. It is so small that they do not serve less than 2 patties for adults. You must get at least 3 patties to fill the buns. Taste wise it is as good as any greasy food. As a matter of fact I felt the grease in my mouth for the rest of the day… Adding the unfriendly, obnoxious staff on top of the greasy food, I would not go there ever…