“Perfect little lunch spot.”
Review of Banditos

Banditos
Ranked #68 of 592 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$8 - US$8
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Bay City, Michigan
“Perfect little lunch spot.”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My boys and I traveled to Ann Arbor to see a movie at the beautiful Michigan theatre and needed a nice spot for a late lunch beforehand. After reading the reviews on tripadvisor I knew this place would fit the bill. We parked at the Liberty Street garage, walked a few blocks west and found Banditos to be even better than expected.The cheery exceptionally clean decor, great food and friendly server had my oldest(14) proclaiming the experience the "best Mexican food of my life" and his brother(11) concurred. Their praise is well deserved. The chicken, shredded beef, cheese enchiladas and guacamole were all excellent, as were the warm chips and fresh salsa. And, the margarita I ordered was easily the best I've tasted in years. YUM!!!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank BayCityFoodie

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Nice family owned restaurant”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Ok, ate there the other night and it was great. We also got a show....Everyone see the post below where the guy claims he waited an hour then tried to leave and had the police called on him? Well, I was there that night (dude, we were at the booth in front of you) and I did a search to see if there was a new story on what happened. This guy and his friend came in drunk ten minutes before closing. The waiter was nice enough to still let them order and five minutes after ordering, they try to take off without paying. The waiter called the police and as we were leaving, the police came back with this guy handcuffed and made him pay.

Other than that, this place does have really good food and it all seems to be homemade. We eat here about 5-6 times a year and have never been disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Sam M
“Awful”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Pretty bad after u wait over an hour for food, you tell them to cancel your order because u are tired of waiting and no one is hardly in the place and leave but they call the police and make u pay for it anyway. I offered 3 times to pay for the water, salsa and chips we had waiting but but insisted we could not. this man chased me for 4 blocks threatening me and a friend. Finally the police showed up think God I was scared, because they called them. How awful, I was scared this man threatened me after several attempts to cancel the order, I think I have a right to cancel after waiting forever and really chase me down the street of Ann arbor threatening to beat the crap out of me.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“15 years of eating here and still going strong”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My family ate here tonight to celebrate a new job and had a wonderful time. We always enjoy the company of the owner and the taste of the food. Mexican Pizzas, Chicken Burrito and rice and beans were on the menu for us tonight. Another table ordered the fajitas and they looked and smelled great. We also had the chicken rice soup and all agreed that it was a success. There are times we stop in just for chips and salsa which is our favorite.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank karen g
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Broke my tooth eating a burrito”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Terrible. Resiculously overpriced for some of the worst mexican cafeteria food I've ever eaten. I ordered almost 50$ worth of vegetarian items, an then arrived to pick up my order only to find out rice is not veg-friendly. As i was eating my bean burrito i felt something hard in my mouth. Upon further investigaion I realized that I had bitten down on something hard and broken a mollar. When i went to try and speak to a manager I was met with rudeness by the employee I spoke to, who told me to email the owner. I wrote 2 emails, neither of which were responded to. Worst overall reataurant experience I've ever had in Ann Arbor.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank TallSimonv

Been to Banditos? Share your experiences!