“Best Mexican food in Ann Arbor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Banditos

Banditos
Ranked #65 of 591 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Price range: US$8 - US$8
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Best Mexican food in Ann Arbor!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The food there is delicious, best Mexican food around! I went there for the first time and I was hooked. The chimichangas are my favorite at Banditos.

• Visited August 2014

Okemos, Augusta, Atlanta, Chicago
“Best Mexican food I have ever had”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I went there for our first time yesterday. Food was fantastic. Service was excellent. I love my margarita. Decor is nice. I highly recommend.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Moman2000
Ann Arbor
“Reliable Mexican Food”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have been going to Banditos for a number of years now and can always count on getting a good meal and fast, friendly service, all at a very reasonable price. My favorite dish is the chicken quesadilla accompanied by a really tasty margarita. The quesadilla has a lot of filling, unlike some other places I have tried, and I love it with some of the fresh salsa on top. If you want something non-alcoholic to drink, they serve a really good lemonade. My husband and I come here, and often bring our friends, when we want some simple comfort food in a welcoming atmosphere where you can have a conversation without having to yell across the table.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Suzana3
Bay City, Michigan
“Perfect little lunch spot.”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My boys and I traveled to Ann Arbor to see a movie at the beautiful Michigan theatre and needed a nice spot for a late lunch beforehand. After reading the reviews on tripadvisor I knew this place would fit the bill. We parked at the Liberty Street garage, walked a few blocks west and found Banditos to be even better than expected.The cheery exceptionally clean decor, great food and friendly server had my oldest(14) proclaiming the experience the "best Mexican food of my life" and his brother(11) concurred. Their praise is well deserved. The chicken, shredded beef, cheese enchiladas and guacamole were all excellent, as were the warm chips and fresh salsa. And, the margarita I ordered was easily the best I've tasted in years. YUM!!!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank BayCityFoodie
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Nice family owned restaurant”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Ok, ate there the other night and it was great. We also got a show....Everyone see the post below where the guy claims he waited an hour then tried to leave and had the police called on him? Well, I was there that night (dude, we were at the booth in front of you) and I did a search to see if there was a new story on what happened. This guy and his friend came in drunk ten minutes before closing. The waiter was nice enough to still let them order and five minutes after ordering, they try to take off without paying. The waiter called the police and as we were leaving, the police came back with this guy handcuffed and made him pay.

Other than that, this place does have really good food and it all seems to be homemade. We eat here about 5-6 times a year and have never been disappointed.

• Visited March 2014