“As good as reviews say it is!”
Review of Northside Grill

Northside Grill
Ranked #68 of 619 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Tried this iconic breakfast spot based upon reviews in an Ann Arbor magazine-it was even better than advertised. Dined on Summer weekday about 9:30 AM-the placed was in full motion. The staff was great-never allowing either coffee or water to get to half full level. Tablemates all had something different: corned beef hash, Pontiac Trail, Blueberry pancakes & Big Easy. We all thought that we had the best item on the menu. Waiter even asked if we wanted separate bills. Vast majority of other diners were locals-enjoying a relaxing breakfast and not counting calories at least for this one morning. No problem parking, which can often be problematic in Ann Arbor.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Northside Grill was suggested to me by a friend who works at UM hospital. I have been swimming at the early am (5:45-7:15) practice at the outdoor Fuller pool and was looking for a place to go after practice for breakfast while Angelo's was closed . I like to walk to get my legs stretched out after swimming. This is 0.7 mi from the pool and was a perfect distance to get to/breakfast/from and in time for work. The service was fast and friendly. I only had about 20 min once I arrived and had no problem with eating what I needed, full glass of water, OJ, and couple of cups of coffee.I could create my own omelette and it was delicious.(3 eggs, feta, spinach, onions, mushroom). Fresh squeezed OJ helped replenish my potassium. When my waiter(Todd) came around to offer my third cup of coffee and I told him that I wished I could but was in a hurry , he offered me a cup to go. (With my walk back to my car and the leftovers I already had from my omelette/hash browns/toast, I really didn't want to carry anything else). My hash browns could have been done a little more but considered it my fault as I forgot to order them extra crispy like I normally would. It was a quaint breakfast diner experience--just what I was looking for. Though it was a little pricier than Angelo's, that would not keep me from going back. In fact, I will likely return next week--with my daughter in tow.

Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Tried this restaurant for breakfast based on reviews from Roadfood.com. Connie (our waitress) was incredibly welcoming and friendly. Blueberry and Apple Bran pancakes were amazing. Egg sandwich was delicious as well. Definitely will be back again. New favorite breakfast spot in Ann Arbor.

1  Thank gardenerandtraveler
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I dined here for a late breakfast on a Monday. It's off the beaten, eatin' path but to its credit - off street parking, great coffee and super fast service. The food was flavorful and quick to land on the table which was a plus. The traditional diner atmosphere suited the area but is in need of a bit of freshening up (place looked a bit beaten up). I was impressed to have the coffee offered by the name of the maker - they do justice to Roos Roast in the freshness department. Can't speak to the lunch offerings but breakfast choices were well planned. I'll be back -

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We have dined here several times over the years, and if you want soup right out of the can, and the company of A2's old hippies, this is your place.