“Best Korean food I've had. ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Singapore
“Best Korean food I've had. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Bewon serves very good Korean food. Not only in Ann Arbor but comparable to food back in Korea itself.

Always comforting to have their soups. Service is excellent as the family run restaurant takes pride in their food. It's come to a point where I must eat at bewon at least once a week!

• Korean first
“Best Korean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

When staying at the holiday inn right next door I saw this place and figured I would give it a try as I saw it was packed every night. When I arrived there were four other tables and before I left people were waiting and this was a Monday night. The service was unreal and I have not had better in a long long time. The food was out of this world and they bring you 6 different Korean salads and a bowl of rice with your meal. As they do in Korea they also bring you a pear quarter with your bill. Again the service and food are AWSOME!! I highly recommend this place as I have not had such good food and original Korean food since leaving Korea in 1990 after two tours there in the military...this is a must try place while I'm Ann Arbor.

Hamilton, Canada
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Here's a place that doesn't dumb down the spicing for us Caucasians. I went with two other women, neither of whom had had Korean food before. They stuck to the safe end of the menu; I wanted to try something exotic. However, my first choice was not available and as for my second choice, the waitress (who was VERY funny) said "You don't want that. It's only stew." So I wound up with a sampler of various types of bulgogi --- beef, chicken, etc. Food was fresh, spicing was on the high end, and the accompanying dishes were all very good, especially the kimchee and the seaweed. I would have loved a beer to wash the fire down with, but the place is unlicensed. I settled for ginger tea. No atmosphere to speak of, but if you like Korean food and aren't afraid of spices, this would be a good bet...

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gretchen49
Los Angeles, California
“One of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

I had very little expectations of what a meal would taste like at Be Won when my brother invited me to have lunch with him. Now that I've discovered Be Won I consider the meal I had there as one of the best I've ever eaten in my entire life. The food is fresh, healthy, and tasty. Furthermore the portions are very generous. I felt as if I had been transported to Korea during my meal because the whole atmosphere and presentation was very authentic. I have nothing but praises for Be Won; the staff is friendly, the place is cozy, the complimentary appetizers are delicious, the barley tea is yummy, the prices reasonable and most importantly the food is outstanding. I'm now a huge fan of Be Won and highly recommend it to anyone wanting one of the best Korean meals in America. I thank my brother for introducing me to Be Won! This restaurant is incredible!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank adrianna24sings
Cary, North Carolina
“Surprisingly good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

While on a business trip in the area we walked to the small shopping center to try the place out. At first no one was in the restaurant, but by they time we finished people were waiting at the door for our seats. The food I thought was really good. I'll admit that I have had better, but I've had a lot worse. By the way i don't consider myself an expert, but I did live in S. Korea for 2 years. You really need to try the Bulgogi and the Kimchi, I think the only thing that would have made it better was if i could've cook it at the table like you can in Korea and in some places within the US.

• Visited June 2013