“Excellent affordable Indian”

Cardamom
Ranked #30 of 610 Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The owner of this place used to work at Shalimar in Ann Arbor. I bet Shalimar felt the loss as this place rules, that is if you can get some, they are terribly busy most times I have visited. I've never had better samosas or the sauce that comes with. My wife ordered something made with goat which freaked me out but then I tried it, awesome. Flavor abounds here, even the rice by itself is savory. Their Nan is top notch as well. You must try this place if you love Indian food and you live anywhere within 40 miles of it. Shalimar used to be my favorite place and they're unfortunately not the same anymore. I noticed many servers front shall at working now at Cardamom too. This place is unassuming but you will will be pleasantly surprised and you will feel good long afterwards.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Cardamom is a great new addition to the A2 restaurant scene. Owned and run by the long-time manager of Salimar (long the best Indian restaurant in Ann Arbor), it is an interesting and good alternative, and is already attacking a good crowd. Definitely check it out.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have been to Cardamom several times and tried almost everything on the menu. If you love Indian food like we do, this is the place to go. Tandoori, biryani, naan, curries,pani, lassi, chai desserts - everything is good.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Service at this place is good. Food is average. The gravies used seem to have the same base which is kind of a bummer. Cause the prices charged don't really justify that kind of taste. If u have tasted halidrams dal makhani, theirs tastes almost the same. Nothing special. Only thing is that they have tandoori Roti's and naan. If you miss that go for it!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We ordered the Brarawan Aloo Tikki and Kashmiri Naan as an appetizer. The Grilled Malasa Salmon was a great 'East Meets West' tandoor entree with ginger, garlic, and other spices and the Chittinad Lamb included a creamy coconut curry sauce were Delicious! The Goat Biryani was one one the best Biryanis we have had anywhere. The mixed pickle was also one of the best. The Mango Lassi and Chai were also very well prepared. We wish we lived in Ann Arbor so that we could dine at Cardamom more often.