“The coffee is fine, and I've now simmered down a little about a company policy”
Review of Biggby Coffee

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Biggby Coffee
Ranked #42 of 45 Coffee & Tea in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 31 July 2013

While I admit that I more often patronize the nearby Espresso Royale and Starbucks outlets along east Plymouth Road, the coffee drinks at this Biggby outlet are pretty good, and I like their frequent coupons in local publications (and on Kroger receipts) that make the prices especially attractive.

Full disclosure: For a long time I would not patronize this company because of an incident revolving around a company policy and a spokesman's reaction when I politely complained. I had come back from an extended visit to New Zealand and for a few months hadn't patronized a different Biggby's near the University of Michigan campus at which I had been a regular, had an unused "free drink" frequency card with the required number of purchases needed to validate it, tried to use it, and was told that the company had canceled the program in favor of a new electronic card system and that the brief period during which it would honor the old cards had expired. The barista was quite embarrassed about it, and gave me the number of a company spokesman to whom I could complain (and urged me to call; the line employees had got fed up with being dumped on by unhappy frequent patrons, the kind who are the ones who generally have such frequency cards). I did call, politely explained that I was concerned about this policy, and had the spokesperson reply angrily that the company was within its right to cancel the program at any time, as apparently had been advertised somehow. I still don't have warm and fuzzy feelings about the corporation, but don't think I would have rated the place excellent in any case; however, you should know that this rating did come from a customer unhappy with the corporation for other reasons than food quality and service at the local outlets. In any case, I thought I'd mention it. You might think about this in case you're carrying one of those credit-card style Biggby frequent customer cards and are letting credits accumulate on it. Don't.