“Fine for our short stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #30 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Ft. Lauderdale
“Fine for our short stay”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites during one of the craziest times - Univ of Michigan graduation. We arrived after midnight due to a flight delay. They gave away our original room but put us up in one of the suites. Wasn't the cleanest, and the sofa bed mattress was shot but my aunt and I were happy to have the extra room. A new carpet, new drapes and a good dusting would have helped. The suite was very spacious and it had a microwave and fridge - great for keeping snacks and water. This hotel is nice and close to the freeway, but not so close that you hear any noise from the traffic. They had a good breakfast bar. If you're addicted to Starbucks, they're only a 5 min drive away.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
charleston
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Avoid this hotel at all costs. I booked this hotel during a football weekend when all hotels were booked. It was booked far in advance. My luggage had been lost by the airline just previous to this stay. Hasan refused to check me in as I did not have the necessary ID due to the lost luggage. He was crude in his treatment of me, argued and was unreasonable. He refused to cancel the room to allow me to go elsewhere, but also refused to give me the key to the room. The hotel then charged my credit card over $150 more than the rate I booked at. Even if I had not shown for the room, the rate to be charged stated in the booking contract was all they were able to bill for. He grabbed the check in paperwork from me twice and wadded them up and threw them in the garbage, refusing me check in. He wanted me to sign that I agreed to the much higher rate and being that rooms were sold out, with nowhere for me to go...I figured I would initial and write a note explaining it was not the rate I booked and expected it to be corrected. He would not allow this and trashed both copies. He would not give me the key cards to check in. I requested to call Choice hotels and was offered a broken phone that did not call out, twice. At this point, I was feeling frustrated, uncomfortable and somewhat threatened in his crude, outrageous behavior. I left and drove 40 miles to find a hotel that THANKFULLY had a vacancy. After finding this overbilling on my credit card, I spoke with Choice who claimed they could do nothing and that I had to deal with the hotel directly. I then got directed to "mgr" Colleen who was argumentative and claimed she would watch the video. She then called me to claim the video showed that none of that happened and that I did "check in". The charge will remain she stated. I never got a room key, room number or made it past the front desk. This was the worst and most outrageous customer service experience of my life. I stay in 50+ hotels a year and never have I encountered anything like this. My credit card has now filed a dispute over this inproper billing. STAY away!!!!! Since filing the dispute with my credit card, I have been proven to be in the right as I have received a credit to my card for the full amount charged by this hotel. I received a letter that this is a permanent credit and have such as proof. I also noticed that the reviewer praising the hotel and calling out my review only has one review and just joined. My guess is that it is a review from someone affiliated with this hotel. I have stayed at many hotels in Ann Arbor, and even disregarding my most recent experience at the hotel, this location does not stack up or surpass ANY of them in terms of accomodations, location, service or value. The hotel is dated and would rate at a 1-2 stars at best.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank map0125
yipsalanti,mi
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This is a great place to stay that is very affordable and clean! I have stayed here 3 or 4 times this year and have not been disappointed yet. The staff here are great! They are always willing and very able to assist you with whatever problem you are having. I can say that i stayed at another local hotel the last time I was here and payed $40.00 more and got way less for my money. great rooms, great staff, great location . will stay here from now on always.Thanks comfort inn staff!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dalton
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I am an account manager for a nationally known company that has me traveling 22 days a month. I am all over the US but I do spend a lot of time in Ann Arbor. I have stayed at this property numerous times. I have noticed that they are doing some upgrading to the property. This property is so much better than it use to be. The only issue that I have come across is that the business center is too small. I wanted to do a review for them but it was so busy in there. I asked one of the employees to use one of their computers to do the review. As I always do, I started to read the reviews about this property. I did notice that someone else did the same thing as I am doing now. This property has a very nice staff and will do just about anything that you need. I always need copies made or i need things faxed. If I want a late check out, I am usually able to get one. The staff is very helpful with arranging transportation as well.

Again, this property deserves a second look. You will be pleased and you will be happy with the rooms and staff.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Malia W
OH
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Got a decent rate, and the hotel facility is much improved due to new management. Had difficulties with wireless signal strength, but was told it is being worked on. Front desk manager Colleen was helpful regarding recommendations for activities and attractions, and helped with a cancellation I had to make at last-minute, without and penalties.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Dave914313
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2011

After reading some of the reviews on this website about the property, I was a little hesitant about booking at this hotel. I drove to the hotel and looked at it before I checked in. It was nothing like the reviews say. The only problem that I had was that I had to use one of the back office computers to write this review for them. I travel to Ann Arbor about 5 times a month and I will be coming back to this property. The business center had several people in line waiting to use the computer. Overall, the hotel had great rates, clean rooms and pleasant staff. I will definately book at this property again. It deserves better reviews that what it is getting.

Lets just say, if you are interested in staying at this property you need to see it. You will definately be happy with it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Marsha C
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 14 October 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel recently for a much needed long weekend and we had a fantastic stay. The hotel was very clean and comfortable and the staff was ultra friendly. The front desk manager went out of her way to see that we had everything we needed and was a pleasure to talk to. The indoor pool was clean and perfect for our family and the snacks and breakfast were also well put together and probably the best I have had at a hotel ever. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Ann Arbor and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family