“A beautiful suprise.”

Matthaei Botanical Gardens
Ranked #5 of 93 things to do in Ann Arbor
More attraction details
Owner description: A 300-acre garden with a variety of outdoor displays and nature trails for exploring.
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I didn't know what to expect when I went here, but I was pleasantly suprised. This park backs up to the river and is beautiful and peaceful. Good walking trails. Lots of holes so it's a good workout. Nice scenery. I'm looking forward to going back and exploring more.

1  Thank Stephanie60993

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This may sound like heresy, but my husband and I are not football fans. So, when we were in AA helping our daughter move into her new apartment last September, after "pre-gaming" with her and even playing some beer pong on game day, we slipped off to this peaceful spot while she went to the game with friends. It was empty (of course, everyone else was at the game), quiet and exquisite. Even if you like football, check out this lovely botanical garden when you have the chance.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We love going here every time we visit Ann Arbor. Absolutely lovely. Plants are beautiful and well marked. Well taken care of.

1  Thank Andrea B
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We love to go and visit the Matthaei Botanical Gardens because of their beauty and peaceful atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Arb is one of AA's true gems. From the trails that follow along the Huron River to the stunning Peony gardens in the springtime it offers unparallelled sights, sounds & smells.