“Very good - clean rooms, helpful front of house staff and reasonable location”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ann Arbor Univ. Michigan Area
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed here whilst on business recently and was quite impressed.
The front of house staff were helpful - especially Dustin, who worked most evenings.
My room was clean, with a very comfortable bed and huge flat screen television.
The bathroom was large, the only minor complaint I have is that the shower was not very powerful.
Parking is right next to the building and the hotel is conveniently located just off the freeway, near the mall and close to one of the main roads into downtown Ann Arbor.
The gym is of a reasonable size with a variety of machines, the pool a little on the small side, but a nice facility for kids.
My only real gripe about the hotel was that the shuttle bus never seemed to be available. Either the driver was not around, or it was "hired out" to a wedding party... Surely if you provide a shuttle service, it should be available to the majority of your guests?!
Anyway, that aside, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel - I had a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank scooby_d00_uk

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in early June while my daughter was at U of Michigan Orientation. I was pleasantly surprised. On my last visit, I stayed at a different property, which I loved, but they have raised their prices, probably as a result of their #1 status on Tripadvisor. Holiday Inn was a bit lower in the rankings and a bit less expensive, so I decided to give it a try. I am glad I did. The staff was friendly and attentive, from. The front desk, to the cleaning staff, the maintenance staff and the restaurant staff. Everyone had a smile and a friendly word. The common areas were well lit, easily accessible, and clean. Although I didn't use either, the pool and the work out room were well maintained.

The room I stayed in was remarkably clean, and had recently been renovated. The decor and color choices gave the room a weathered appearance, although it was obviously new. The bed was comfortable, although the small, square pillows, which were labeled "soft" or " firm", were too small and awkward. There was a coffee maker, fridge and flat screen TV in the room. Besides the pillows, my only other complaint was the thin walls. When I sneezed, the woman in the next room said, "Bless you."

I ate in the restaurant 1 night, and had one of the best steaks I've ever eaten! I know, I was surprised too!

The location is fabulous. It is about a ten minute car ride to the University, it is off the main road, so it is very quiet, and the Briarwood Mall is practically across the street. An added benefit for me was the World Market about a quarter mile down the road. There isn't one anywhere near me at home and I have only been able to shop online. Great store!

This Holiday Inn should have a higher Tripadvisor rating than it has now, although, if it does go up, I am hopeful the rates won't follow. Right now, this is an excellent choice for the money.

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor overlooking the side parking lot. I could park in the side lot and ent...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank JustfineNJ
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed in the Holiday Inn & Suites (Ann Arbor, MI) when my son did a return visit to the Univ of Michigan. We enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn. We got a special rate, with breakfast included. We took the free shuttle over to the University on Michigan and then when we were done, we called the hotel and the manager promptly picked us up. I highly recommend the hotel - the staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sparky403
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Visiting Ann Arbor? Set your GPS for this Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites. Perfectly located with home away from home accommodations, the family atmosphere displayed by Manager Mark and staff during each of my visits to Ann Arbor keeps me coming back for more. Clean, quiet, comfortable rooms, a caring staff in a safe environment make staying here a no brainer. Give it a try and see for yourself. Keep up the great work Mark and thank you for the great customer service.

Room Tip: I have stayed in several rooms located in different areas of the Hotel and found each one suited for...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for longer periods on several occasions. It has impressed me consistently as a quiet, comfortable, friendly, convenient and good-value place to stay. Management is attentive, staff are invariably helpful and friendly. The location is convenient to Ann Arbor and to shopping and other amenities. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when in AA.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2013

The hotel was very clean from the bedrooms to the public areas.The serivce was incredible. Devin at the front desk made us feel like we were staying with family, which is hard to do when your with a traveling youth baseball team. Service is definatly a reason to stay and come back .

Corunna Giants

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Very clean room, housekeeping was perfect. Room was very nicely appointed and spacious. Nice size bath. Upon check in, greeted warmly, and all my requests were met. Hotel was close to highway exit, but far enough away so there was absolutely no noise from highway traffic, and could not hear noise from semi tractors travelling I-94.

The king size bed was perfect, and firm pillows were indeed "firm" as promised. It was nice to have 2 firm and 2 soft pillows.

Would I keep staying here while in A2...absolutely. This is my go-to hotel in Ann Arbor.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business