“Great location; even greater owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Burnt Toast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ann Arbor
Burnt Toast Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Ann Arbor B&B and Inns
Yale, MI
“Great location; even greater owner”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I picked this B&B strictly on location to be near friends in town, and it didn't disappoint. An easy walk to downtown and since we were loathe to give up a good parking spot, the owner (Sarah) suggested we walk to our friends' house as well. An excellent idea as the weather was nice and we had a pleasant walk. Sarah also had good suggestions for drinks, dinner and shopping. The house is neat: wonderful antiques and artwork everywhere, beautiful kitchen, lovely bedrooms and clean, spacious bathrooms. Our Green room had French doors that opened to the garden, and a very comfortable bed with a cozy down comforter. The dogs are BIG and gentle. Sarah is a wonderful host, most friendly and accommodating. We felt at home and at ease within a few minutes of meeting her. Her breakfast was awesome: French toast, hand sliced bacon, eggs, strawberries with whipped cream and fresh brewed coffee. Needless to say we had a wonderful time and definitely recommend the Burned Toast Inn. We hope to come back again!

Room Tip: The Green room is the only room on the 1st floor; the bathroom is across the living room. All other...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mrfurley1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Sadly, I stayed for only one night at the Burnt Toast Inn. I couldn't agree more with other reviewers. The place is super charming. The room I stayed in (The Green Room) on the first floor had all the amenities I needed, including many interesting books! My favorite feature is the screened door that leads out to the deck, there's a water feature in the yard so I went to sleep with a night breeze and the soothing sounds of a waterfall. Sarah is a great hostess, I enjoyed meeting her and talking with her. She has two dogs who were just as charming as everything else, and unless she called them in, I wouldn't have known they were there. Her dog 'Buddy', a St Bernard, is the largest dog I've ever seen in my life. He is a big mush and super friendly as is her other dog Bo. The location is great, very close to downtown, but in a quiet neighborhood.
Next time I stay, I'll bring my husband along, stay a few more nights, and enjoy the breakfast too.

Room Tip: I loved my stay in the Green Room downstairs, but it did not have it's own bathroom. The bathroo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ftgrnegrl
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed here on a recommendation from family and I was not disappointed! The inn is full of character and charm. The rooms are quant and well appointed. And if you forget any toiletries: no worries, Sara, the owner has everything on hand. Sarah, was a fantastic host and made us feel welcome. Her two dogs who live at the end added to the ambiance. The homemade breakfast was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the inn. The house was beautiful and clean. The room was nice (gold room). The bathroom was clean and had a great shower. The owner is lovely and the service was spectacular. I 100% recommend staying here and the price is great too.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jmparent
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay. Sarah is a very kind host and provided a nice variety of light, healthy breakfast foods. The big dogs are adorable- loved them (but I am dog owner too). Parking is sparse but there are parking lots and street parking are nearby. The rooms were clean, good size, nicely stocked with soaps, lotions, coffee, tea...the kind of things one would expect at a B&B. The street noise was loud throughout the night but the room had a fan that helped drown out the noise.
The absolute best feature is the location. The walk to downtown Ann Arbor is 2 blocks. Ann Arbor is a college town with an earthy, artsy feel. The restaurants and bars are nice & staying nearby at Burnt Toast Inn made for a very pleasant weekend.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank A2Trvlr
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I had a lovely stay at the Burnt Toast Inn in Ann Arbor. I was there for work and the B&B was walking distance to downtown (2 blocks) and there were two yoga studios nearby which was a plus. I have a preference for small boutique hotels, not big hotels and don't often stay at B&Bs as it can feel too personal at times.

So for me staying here had a little more of the personal interaction than I'm used to, but it was really nice. It was like staying a someone's house. The bed in the green room was very comfortable, a lot of space in the room, and a patio that I could've sat outside if it were warm. The kitchen is off the bedroom but I didn't have any issues with noise. The bathroom is across the kitchen so you'll need need to bring your toiletries back/forth with you. Wifi worked perfectly.

Sarah, the owner, was really welcoming and helpful. I got in late at night and she offered me a cup of soup and even to make me a sandwich for my flight to Buenos Aires. Breakfast has a full spread of cereals, eggs, bacon, etc. There is a big selection of teas available 24 hours a day which I love. She also owns a the biggest dog I've ever met, Buddy, who is such a love bug - he is the gentlest pup you've ever met.

So I had a great visit and will stay here again. The personal touch is a nice break when on the road for business.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank trips12345567
Suttons Bay, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Great location being quite close to downtown and activities, very easy to walk everywhere. Very nice & comfortable room with bath. great decor, cleanliness. Sarah very nice with her two dogs which are very friendly, but not intrusive. Excellent breakfast both Sat and Sunday. Would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple