“Best B&B ever”
Review of Burnt Toast Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ann Arbor
Burnt Toast Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Ann Arbor B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Best B&B ever”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for work and had the best time. Rooms are amazing, Sarah is really nice and the dogs are amazing. Rooms are beautifully decorated and also very well equipped. I stayed in the purple room and in the attic. I love how Sarah leaves crackerjack and cereal bars all around! Definitely would go again.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My partner and I stayed at Burnt Toast so we could be close to campus for a concert. We usually stay at hotels when we travel, but have begun to explore bed and breakfasts on a few of our trips lately. We found Burnt Toast after realizing a hotel room would be too expensive...and, boy, are we glad we did! What a lovely, cozy home Sarah has! It's neat and clean, and we loved the antiques and artwork found throughout the house. The place has real character...including the two dogs, Bo and Buddy! I'm sure they are good protectors, but I sensed that they knew we were guests and they treated us accordingly. In fact, when we got home late at night we found Bo sacked out on the couch, seemingly indifferent to our arrival. He opened his eyes, gave us his consent to enter and proceeded to go back to sleep.

Sarah was a wonderful host. Her friendliness and graciousness made us feel at home the moment we walked in the door. After introducing us to the dogs, she showed us how to let ourselves in and out and showed us to our room. We stayed in the Attic Suite, which is spacious and comfortable and has a large private bathroom with a heated floor...great for cold mornings!

We enjoyed scrambled eggs, grapefruit, juice and toast for breakfast, along with fresh coffee. Sarah visited with us for a while, before letting Bo and Buddy take over as hosts for the rest of the morning.

Our stay in Ann Arbor was only one night, but Burnt Toast certainly helped make it an enjoyable one. For future trips to AA, we will definitely check with Sarah to see if she has room for us to stay again!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were part of a group of friends who came to Ann Arbor for a football game. We rented out the whole house, which was in a great location for walking to the game and to the downtown locations for eating and entertainment. The rooms and beds were comfortable and quaint. Some rooms do share a bathroom, but if you were there with people you know like we were, this was not an issue. We would definitely recommend staying here in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Yale, MI
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I picked this B&B strictly on location to be near friends in town, and it didn't disappoint. An easy walk to downtown and since we were loathe to give up a good parking spot, the owner (Sarah) suggested we walk to our friends' house as well. An excellent idea as the weather was nice and we had a pleasant walk. Sarah also had good suggestions for drinks, dinner and shopping. The house is neat: wonderful antiques and artwork everywhere, beautiful kitchen, lovely bedrooms and clean, spacious bathrooms. Our Green room had French doors that opened to the garden, and a very comfortable bed with a cozy down comforter. The dogs are BIG and gentle. Sarah is a wonderful host, most friendly and accommodating. We felt at home and at ease within a few minutes of meeting her. Her breakfast was awesome: French toast, hand sliced bacon, eggs, strawberries with whipped cream and fresh brewed coffee. Needless to say we had a wonderful time and definitely recommend the Burned Toast Inn. We hope to come back again!

Room Tip: The Green room is the only room on the 1st floor; the bathroom is across the living room. All other...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mrfurley1
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Sadly, I stayed for only one night at the Burnt Toast Inn. I couldn't agree more with other reviewers. The place is super charming. The room I stayed in (The Green Room) on the first floor had all the amenities I needed, including many interesting books! My favorite feature is the screened door that leads out to the deck, there's a water feature in the yard so I went to sleep with a night breeze and the soothing sounds of a waterfall. Sarah is a great hostess, I enjoyed meeting her and talking with her. She has two dogs who were just as charming as everything else, and unless she called them in, I wouldn't have known they were there. Her dog 'Buddy', a St Bernard, is the largest dog I've ever seen in my life. He is a big mush and super friendly as is her other dog Bo. The location is great, very close to downtown, but in a quiet neighborhood.
Next time I stay, I'll bring my husband along, stay a few more nights, and enjoy the breakfast too.

Room Tip: I loved my stay in the Green Room downstairs, but it did not have it's own bathroom. The bathroo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ftgrnegrl
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed here on a recommendation from family and I was not disappointed! The inn is full of character and charm. The rooms are quant and well appointed. And if you forget any toiletries: no worries, Sara, the owner has everything on hand. Sarah, was a fantastic host and made us feel welcome. Her two dogs who live at the end added to the ambiance. The homemade breakfast was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the inn. The house was beautiful and clean. The room was nice (gold room). The bathroom was clean and had a great shower. The owner is lovely and the service was spectacular. I 100% recommend staying here and the price is great too.

• Stayed June 2013