Wyndham Garden Ann Arbor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Bell Tower Hotel(Ann Arbor)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2011

This hotel should not even get a terrible rating. There isn't a rating low enough in my opinion. We used this hotel because of the Clarion name and we were so disappointed. First, we had to pay a rediculous amount of money for one of the weekend nights because of a sporting event an hour away. We were there for check in but the hotel was not ready for us. When we finally reached our room, it was a tiny room on the back of the hotel and the AC unit did not work. We couldn't get moved to another room until the maintenance guy called the desk to state he was not licensed to fix the HVAC unit. The manager was very nice and came to help us haul our luggage and coolers to the new room, also on the back side of the building but, the AC worked. It was also a small room but I was tired and ready to unpack. Oh wait, there is no refrigerator or microwave in this "suite". I had lots of things needing cooling and called for help again. Soon, the manager came back with maintenance and they hauled an old frig that looked like it had been kicked in a few times and a microwave from the 70's in from a gutted room next door. They had to use a three prong surge protector strip to plug in the microwave and frig but, later we had to unplug the microwave so the frig would work. We also noticed that the lamp was plugged into a receptical coming out of the floor with live wires hanging out. Holy crap and what is this? Wet floor from the HVAC unit and it's headed to the live wires?! Again, no help from the front desk. We were so tired at this point, I wanted a glass/bottle of wine and to be put out of my misery. I couldn't leave because there were no rooms in town and their policy would have made me pay for this stink hole anyway. This is probably enough said for you but lets not forget the towel bar falling off the wall in the bathroom and the floor that was so dirty that when I got out of the shower and walked across the room, my feet were black on the bottom. Thanks Clarion. Even if you were giving away free rooms, I would never use one of your hotels again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Coolcat716
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because of the chain name, the proximity to the Nascar race we were attending as well as proximity to shopping. The photos online do not tell the entire story however.

Overall, our room was clean and the shower had great water pressure - the toilet worked fine - all important things. The staff were very friendly and very helpful and the various areas of the hotel were very clean and tidy. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. Anything you could possibly want to eat and then some...so very good value for your money. I would stay again easily, as we had very good rates on our rooms..however, there are a few things (only one major) that should change in order for me to come back again.

First, the rooms are somewhat on the old side...clean and not at all smelly, but the area where the rooms are on the outer parts of the hotel are just old. It just needs a slight makeover.

Second, we had no safe in our room when we arrived. We came from Canada and it's very important to have a safe that we can lock our passports in so we don't have to take them to the Nascar race. That said, however, Brian at the front desk had a safe delivered to us very quickly - on a lighter note though, that safe is not bolted to the floor as a fixture in the room - I guess if someone REALLY REALLY wanted to rob you, they could just steal the entire safe and figure out how to open it later....

Third, there was an air vent on the top of our door that would not close, and was a direct conduit of sound from inside our room to outside our room - I'm not quite sure of the purpose of this vent but it doesn't make for a very sound proof room for anyone in the hallway or for us in our room.

Finally, the fourth issue and the only thing I would SERIOUSLY change, is this...we were in the first room closest to an exit door. This door had a key card lock on it that did not work - anyone could just walk in and out - at any time, day or night...the door too, banged when it closed so believe me, every time people came in and out at all hours (smokers too, including myself using this doorway), the door would bang and when you're room is RIGHT THERE with a dumb air vent that may as well be an open window - it doesn't make for a good sleep.

I would say the only really important change is the security feature of the key card locks and just ensuring that if you advertise a safe, you get one....but otherwise, we got a good rate on our room, it was close to a great restaurant and an easy drive to BriarwoodCircle Mall - so all in all - not a bad stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room AWAY from an exit door
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Great staff, very helpful with all of our questions. This property is in a great location and very accessible to major highways. Great value and nice accommodations overall. Nice rooms with jacuzzis. Big enough for 2 people.

Room Tip: Business tower
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2011

I traveled from Northeast Ohio to attend the Greyhound Event of Michigan. Even though the staff tried to help with our concerns, I felt the results were unacceptable. The air conditioner was blowing hot air, I called the front desk and they sent up a maintenance man who pounded the side of the unit until it worked. He left the room and five minutes later the air was warm again. I called down once again and he returned, did the same thing and said we could take the back off the unit and hit it ourselves if needed. Well, ten minutes later it was hot in the room to the point that the greyhound was panting uncontrollably. I asked to change rooms and was accommodated. The air in this room was also warm, I went to Kmart up the road and bought a fan for the night. (fans are an option in the hotel but were in use by other guests) I took a shower and had to stay in water, took three hours to drain. I went to plug in my phone charger and the plate on the plug was on the floor. There was a hole in the bathroom door. Yikes. I did have a great time at my event but was glad I decided to book just one night, not sure I could of taken another night in the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Couldn't get AC to turn on because I was told it was 'an old system that doesn't get turned on until May 1'. They offered a box fan. Hallway and lobby carpets are stained. Rust spots in bathroom around fixtures. Fitness room is awful. 2 treadmills that don't work and a rattle trap universal weight machine. Place needs to be updated badly. If you need to stay somewhere for one night, have at it-- but if you need to stay for more than a day or two, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business