“What remodeling?”

Wyndham Garden Ann Arbor
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed here for a family wedding. Out of 10 rooms booked 6 had coffee and cups but no coffee maker, one had a broken coffee maker 3 had coffee makers with no carafe. We were told that housekeeping was busy come get it yourself!
The carpet in our room was filthy, disgusting stains on the floor, walls and ceiling. The bathroom door did not close. Out of 10 rooms 6 reported very slow draining sinks.
Next time we come to town we will not stay here. Gross.

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden Ann Arbor

Reviewed 21 July 2011

Our family travels frequently and have stayed at numerous Clarions over the years. This Hotel should be closed by the health department.
1. My father has severe heart disease and was having surgery the next day, we had to go to the rear of the hotel to get to the elevator and then walk (When reservation was made a wheelchair was requested) over a quarter of mile in a 120 degree hallway to get to his room which the A/C was inoperative so we all roomed together in one room.
2. The carpet was so filthy my white socks are now black.
3. The water sprinklers are ran against the wall where they would be inneffective.
4. Elevators are located at the rear of the hotel
5. Staff seemed to not care about our concerns and was not greeted at checkout.

2  Thank Bigbronc
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We dont even think of living some where else than this place when we are in Ann Arbor.

1  Thank iqbal68
Reviewed 15 July 2011

My sons and I have been staying in this hotel every year for 4 years now. We travel from South Carolina for the U of M Hockey Camp and this hotel is only 10 minutes from Yost Arena. And even without the AAA discount it is the best price around with all the amenities which includes an indoor pool, breakfast, microwave, fridge and the Wall Street Journal during the week. The staff are very nice and will acommodate your needs when possible. Jazz, Ahmed, Theo and Ivan were all wonderful. I originally thought the room that I had was going to be noisy since I was on the second floor overlooking the big dining area beside the elevator but that was not the case. I could not even hear the people or the music that was playing downstairs. It was the best week I've had regarding hotels this year. So good that I've already requested the same room for this time next year!!

1  Thank nac017
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We have been staying at the Clarion over the past years when we visit our grandchildren who live in the area. We always feel welcomed and exceptionally taken care of by the staff. We have noticed some awesome improvements to the building and services provided. This extra large older facility is being improved and updated. Brian was extremely helpful and accomodating when we did have any issues. Our room on the tower was clean, large and everything worked fine. The only suggestion would be to have a bathroom put in close to the front desk. Its quite a distance to the back of the building.

t

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank leslieandallan
Reviewed 1 July 2011

There isn't a rating worse than "Terrible" if there was I would give Clarion Hotel a rating of "Nightmare" or "Gross" or "Sickening". I have stayed at Clarion's before but none have been this bad. If you are reading this review just book another hotel farther out or more expensive you will never know how bad it can get. If you are curious about the bizarre, the macabre, If you like freak shows at the carnivals, if you slow down to look at road kill on the highway then this is the hotel for you.

I am usually forgiving and I have to admit I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the last several months. At first I just shrugged off the problems but the last few times it was so disgusting I had to take pictures so that I could warn others.

I travel to Ann Arbor because my Grandmother is getting treatment at the University of Michigan. Thank God she is responding to treatment and she is getting better but it has been an emotional rollercoaster and the problems at the hotel were secondary to focusing on my family but sometimes enough is enough. I choose Clarion because of the lower prices but I regret every penny I have spent.

Let me get right to it. One time I stayed on a weekend and there was some group that dealt with Greyhounds and I love dogs but there were so many of them it was kind of odd. As I said I love dogs and Greyhounds are beautiful dogs but one morning as I went to get in my car there was an enormous pile of dog feces right next to my car on the driver’s side and I didn't notice it until I stepped in it. As I looked around apparently were I parked the owners must have been using the area to walk their dogs because there was dog poo everywhere. I took a picture, just in case so that people would believe me.

During another stay, I checked in and whet to my room but I noticed the room wasn't cleaned. I told the front desk lady and she said they would have housekeeping fix it right away. I went out and returned later on and it looked better. I went to bed and got under the covers and noticed something wet at the bottom of the bed under the sheets. I pulled back the sheets and saw a used condom with pubic hairs stuck to it. I got up and ran to the bathroom to throw up and take a shower. Well as I was taking the shower the drain backup and there was some soapy mess that came out of the drain. Oh God !!! I got dressed and stormed down to the front desk and got in line with everyone else complaining about something and demanded another room. The front desk lady apologized and gave me another room. I got to the other room but the Air conditioner didn't work and it was a hot and humid night. I called down to the front desk and complained and some guy named Igor gave me a fan. I turned the fan on and it would screech every once in a while like a cat on a hot tin roof but I was tired and the fan did help. I did take a picture of the used condom in case no one would believe me....

So, besides the horrible breakfast, poop in the parking lot, condoms in the bed, backed up shower drains, it was the worst experiences I have ever had in my life, except in Mexico when I was a kid... I gave this place a few chances and I regret doing it. i would have been better off sleeping in my car in the park and washing up in a drainage ditch... beware of the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center. This hotel would be better suited to only open up in October during Halloween and be advertised as a horror house.

Good Luck and Safe Travels

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 007Jackson007
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Ivon was a great host and Jazz was very helpful and friendly i will recommend this hotel to my friends

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family