“Nice Folks, Great Facility, WILL STAY AGAIN!”

Wyndham Garden Ann Arbor
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have stayed at this facility a half dozen times over the last 5 or 6 years. It used to be the BW Executive. It has been being slowly remodeled over the years. The Pool was refurbished a few years ago, and the property appears to have changed hands at least once in this time.

I had a good stay the first time, and a horrible stay the second time, but I do business in Ann Arbor frequently, and this location is close to where we need to be. I have had mostly good experiences here from summer to winter, and from full sold out to only 4 or 5 rooms booked, and most recently my last 3 stays have been good. I was offered a free upgrade to a jacuzzi tub room a few times back, as all the regular rooms were rented, and we checked in late that evening. The last 2 summer stays were good, however the room we were last in DID seem to have a bit of a musty smell. The pool is inside the atrium, so you do smell a little of the chlorine in the building, but usually not in the room.

The reason why I decided to review this property THIS time was that from the moment we walked in, we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful Front Desk Person named Ellie. I did not have my booking number immediately at hand, (and I am pretty sure with only 10 cars in the lot, we were the last to check in) but she called me by name, and had my info pulled up before I could even get my paperwork out, as if they had waited up for us. I mentioned that I had stayed in a jacuzzi room before, and if one was available, and before I could really even finish asking, she said "No Problem!" She put me in Wednesday, and Thursday, but told me she could not promise Friday, but to come down that morning before I left for the conference to see if we would need to change rooms. We came down, and she said we were welcomed to keep that room for our 3rd and final night, all without charging us an upgrade.

They do have a nice breakfast of eggs, sausage, breads, bagels, cereal and fruit, as well as a waffle maker. We did pop back in for our lunch break to find we had no bed in our room, and upon checking with the front desk, they informed us they were putting in a Sleep Number bed, which when we returned that evening was all installed and ready! The improvements are coming little by little. I will certainly stay there again, and I hope the staff is always as friendly as Ellie was to us! Very happy guests!

Room Tip: We have had good luck with the rooms that face the large atrium, the ones down the hall on the first...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PBF797

Reviewed 27 October 2012

After reading some of the reviews, I was scared to show up for my reservation. However, I have no idea what all fuss is about.

Yes, there are a few outdated things in the hotel, but, my only complaint was the water pressure in the sink. Mattresses and towels both seemed new and shower had great pressure. Front desk was very nice and breakfast was great.

It was a little loud at times, but, I don't expect much differently on a big football weekend in a college town.

I did not use the pool so I can't comment on that and while, yes, there was a chlorine smell in the air in the hotel, apparantly I am not bothered by that like others seem to be..I actually like the small.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JanetC
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Happened to need a room in Ann Arbor when Michigan State had Homecoming. They have a shuttle right by the parking lot to take you. Prices were high for the room.
We were meeting friends for a Halloween party, didn't realize the mess of the game.

Room Tip: Pool side, if your on the outside very little heat in the hallways. Again if it had not been Homeco...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I've stayed at the this hotel a few times over the last couple years. It seems it is always under repair but is always out dated. Facility is never clean, carpet in our room was terribly stained and smelled.
On top of all that the front desk person was extremely rude. Facility has taken a serious turn for the worse, almost seems as if ownership could care less how the place looks and is managed.

Room Tip: If you need to stay in this part of town, go down the road appoxiametely 1/2 mile to the Weber Inn.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jerry G
Reviewed 31 August 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This hotel was amazing! I loved it. It's smack dab between ann arbor and ypsilanti, also not too far from Detroit. With your nights stay you get continental breakfast AND dinner. We only attended breakfast. It included fresh waffles with flavour toppings, sausage, eggs, biscuits/gravy, juices, coffee (w/syrups), four types of cereal and much more! It had an adorable little poolside dining lounge. I would definitely book again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Emmchar16
Reviewed 16 August 2012

To sum this whole experience up...gross, terrible and BED BUGS!! Couldn't get money back because I bought out online through online booking site. Hotel was WORN, STAINS on carpets, whole facility smells of CHLORINE..Pool looked worn, pool towels were perfect size for toddlers...after we start a couple hours we confirmed that the bed had BUGS!! Decided to sleep in our car in the scary looking parking lot...NEVER NEVER AGAIN..PLUS..does staff live in unsold rooms?!

• Stayed: August 2012