“Very run down” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Garden Ann Arbor

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Wyndham Garden Ann Arbor
Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
mid Michigan
“Very run down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

This hotel is in dire need of a huge renovation. Our room was very beat up. Cracks, dents, tiniest bathroom ever. Long hair on the bathroom floor from someone else. Ugh. Drapes did not fully close and light poured into the room. Cannot recommend this place.

Room Tip: Easy access to I-94, but not much else around this hotel's immediate location. Do not get a roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ccmkeri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
PORTAGE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed here for UM graduation in May 2013, and of course they charge more for weekends like that, I expected that. But the rooms that we had were SO run-down. In fact, the first room we got smelled so much like smoke, we had to switch rooms (to one that didn't smell like smoke, but still smelled horribly musty). When you enter the hotel, the lobby, pool, and restaurant areas are very nice, but the rooms are far from nice (old carpet, hardly any available outlets, tiny spaces, no flat screen tv, hard to turn on the tub water, stained walls). We went to breakfast, which could have been very nice IF they had been stocked. You'd think that with them knowing how full the hotel would be this weekend, they could have used some of the extra room charges to pay for additional staff to make enough eggs ,refill the orange juice dispenser sometime, and occasionally empty the trashcans that were totally overflowing.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank LYNN S

Travellers are raving about these Ann Arbor hotels

Manitowoc, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

This is a dingy, dated hotel. The rooms are desperately in need of new paint and lighting. The atrium has planters with dead plants. There is no reason why they should be charging $200 per night. And they have a no cancellation policy, which is ridiculous. Stay somewhere else, anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2013
Coldwater, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

The lobby and conference area is spacious, clean and modern. The walls of the room we had were a bit worn but the carpet was in very good shape and the room was clean. The toilet/bathtub area was small but it's always nice to have the sink and mirror separate and accessible to others in the room. The room had a flat screen TV, refrigerator, coffee pot, and microwave. Those items are really helpful. We were supplied with plenty of towels and washcloths without asking. The hotel serves a decent hot breakfast. I was there for a convention and the Clarion definitely has a good setup for groups. We had plenty of meeting rooms and a large common area for group activities. I wasn't impressed when I first walked in, but they won me over. I hope they continue to upgrade the rooms and make improvements because the hotel is better than it might look. The pool area looked inviting, but unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to use it. I would stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it to groups and individuals.

Room Tip: When you check in, ask for what you need. If you do not want to overlook the common area or pool (wh...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Eastpointe, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I have stayed at the Clarion in the past. A few months ago, while I was in the Banquet Hall, some people were smoking. I was not part of that. I immediately went to the desk to check out. I felt I was in a dangerous situation and did not want to spend the night there. At 9 p.m. I went to check out desk to tell them I was not going to spend the night after all the commotion going on. The RUDE girl at the desk said I owed close to $400.00. I was shocked and upset. I did not spend the night there. I was not even in my room and they gave me a citation for smoking in my room. They took $250.00 for a smoking citation, plus the full cost of the room from my bank account because I had a used a debit card. I had no recourse. They ripped me off royal! I know they did this to one other person too! Watch your back at the Clarion Inn! Guilty until you prove you are innocent?
I feel I got robbed at the Clarion Inn. WHITE Collar CRIME! pays again!!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Carol R
Jacksonville, AL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

On a recent trip, we asked for a 'handicap accessible room', especially in the bathroom. When we checked in, we were so disappointed to find that their definition of handicap was a walk or roll-in shower space. There was not a handicapped height toilet (an important need). The sinks and counters would be way too high for someone in a wheelchair. The toilet seat was way too low for any type of handicapped person. The dresser was too low for even wheelchairs as well as ambulatory people. The closet has no low poles or pegs for hanging clothes. The ONLY handicapped thing in the entire room was the walk-in/roll-in shower. The thermostats in several of our room did not work correctly and that should be an easy fix. Everything else was just an ordinary room that really needed updating. Upon check-in, we discovered that there was only one elevator and it was about a block across the hotel from the front desk....way too far for someone who has much difficulty walking. The breakfast cafe gets a 'good' rating for food but not for access. The cafe has a ramp for handicap access to the table area level BUT one has to go down a set of stairs to get to the food! The 'restaurant' was actually a bar area with a limited menu and that is unappealing to me. Our encounters with staff would only be rated as 'fair'. Should I ever have to travel to Ann Arbor again, I definitely would NOT stay at this hotel!!

Room Tip: Be very specific with your needs and wishes and ask a lot of questions.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Ypsilanti
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

I was very pleased with my whole experience there. From the friendly desk clerk to the clean and updated rooms. This was out second visit within a month and my wife and I loved it. We plan to make it a regular place to stay over and highly recommend it. The buffet break was excellent also.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple