Obviously not a cheap hotel (single rates around $129), this is a VERY inconvenient hotel if visiting Ann Arbor without a car. There is a bus but it runds every 1/2 hour weekdays and every HOUR on Weekends. Hotel only overs van to SPECIAL corporate clients. Breakfast overpriced (Try the Coney Island Deli an easy walk from there.). Next to large Mall which is going downhill (2 of 4 anchor stores closed.).
MORE importantly, if flying into Detroit, there is no cheap transport.
Hotel will get you a van for inflated price of $40.00 to $50.00. I searched and found a cab service (Arbor Taxi) that took us for $32.00 for up to 3 people.
The Convention facilities are very nice though. CD players in all rooms. The Pool is huge but the Spa was not working till I reported and the Sauna was not working because "someone stole the knobs". (they've been waiting WEEKs for new ones.
Is it woth the $60/night more than the Red Roof Inn accross the street?
Probably not. A bit too remote location for an upscale chain.
Just one person's opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kensington Hotel is the premier destination in Ann Arbor for overnight accommodations, your next meeting, wedding, family gathering or staycation. Conveniently located just of of I-94 and State Street exit near Briarwood Mall. Come enjoy our recently renovated guest rooms and Union! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Kensington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Court Ann Arbor
- The Kensington Hotel Ann Arbor, Michigan