Now, I know hotel fitness centers aren't exactly held to the highest standards, but my experience with this one really bummed me out.
Hey! An Elliptical! YAY!
But it won't start. BOO!
Stops midstride after 6 minutes. BOO! (and wow - unsafe much?)
Another treadmill! YAY!
It won't start either! BOO!
I ended up on the recumbent bike for a little while, but man, I hate those things. I did not try the upright stationary bike or any of the weight equipment. Ended up swimming in the (very nice! Clean!) pool (in workout clothes - I do recommend a swimsuit) and hot tub (also clean and beautifully HOT).
Room is clean but nothing special. Room service seems reasonably-priced and was tasty. Shower was hot with good water pressure. Wifi is lacking. (<-- a bit of an understatement. Wifi is not good.)
I didn't pay much for the room, so I'm not tremendously disappointed, but the hotel next door was only $10 more, and I wish I had tried it instead, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kensington Hotel is the premier destination in Ann Arbor for overnight accommodations, your next meeting, wedding, family gathering or staycation. Conveniently located just of of I-94 and State Street exit near Briarwood Mall. Come enjoy our recently renovated guest rooms and Union! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Ebookers so you can book your The Kensington Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Court Ann Arbor
- The Kensington Hotel Ann Arbor, Michigan