“Great!”

Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Detroit
“Great!”
Reviewed 12 June 2008

We stayed here here overnight after attending a wedding reception in the hotel, and it was just fantastic! I only wish we could've stayed longer! Very clean and comfortable, I had a great night's sleep. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed June 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Saline, MI
Reviewed 9 April 2008

First of all, I must be honest and say that I have stayed at this hotel. I live about 6 miles away. I thought it would be a great place to have my upcoming fall wedding. So after attending the bridal show there, I was very pleased...with the atmosphere. It was beautiful! But the people, rude, rude, RUDE! I can't even explain how rude the employees were! I was about to book a 350 person wedding reception, not to mention all the hotel rooms for out of town guests, and the wedding coordiator KALEIGH, acted like I didn't deserve to be there. After one lady had promised us certain upgrade and incentives, she said, "No, we won't do that." She treated my fiance like dirt, and looked my mother up and down. Not to mention, that I had called her 3 weeks prior to the event to schedule a meeting with her, and she never returned my phone call. I left the hotel in tears. I decided the next day to call her manager and tell her how upset I was and that they had just missed out on a $30K wedding. She showed no sympathy and all she could tell me was that they had never had any complaints on Kayle before! I said, well now your getting one! My mom also called and spoke with Kayle herself. She told her how upset I was and again, that they had lost a wedding. She did nothing to apologize or win us back. I will never return there or visit the steak house inside. Some people may think I'm petty, but to me, customer service is everything. And they showed none. The last thing a bride should worry about is if her wedding planner is going to get back with her. If you're looking for a place in Ann Arbor, I would suggest Weber's Inn. It's family owned and wonderful.

• Stayed May 2007
3 Thank FarminRaeRae
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 23 August 2007

We had our wedding reception here in July 2007. We were treated very well, everything was beautiful, food was great. We were given a suite that had 3 bathrooms, a living room, dining room, kitchen, free champagne, chocolate covered cherries, and breakfast in bed the next morning. The room was nice and very clean. I could not be happier we chose Kensington Court!

• Liked — great room, great food
  • Disliked — bar is pretty small
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
Michigan
Reviewed 30 June 2007

We stayed for a wedding. 5 out of 26 tables got served dinner and then they ran out of food!! The air in the room was set to 50F and we couldn't warm up at all. We tried to turn the heat on at 3am (mind you it's like 60 outside, so it's not even too cold out) and the heater didn't work. Another guest in our party had the "heater element" replaced before they fell asleep. The desk said we should have called too, but at 3am I didn't want to risk waking our sleeping babies. The hotel looks really nice. The coffee in the lobby is real nice too. The restaurant was out of breakfast food and drinks. The staff at the desk was nice, the wedding planner was not very friendly.
Really, this hotel is elegantly presented. I would stay for a night on business (with extra blankets!), but not for leisure or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank cindylou03
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 19 March 2007

Excellent Front Desk staff and the lobby make a good impression. Enjoyed the work out are too.

Rude service at the breakfast buffet, which was often out of items.

I was on the first floor. Could not sleep the walls were so thin I could hear the person above me and beside me get up to go to the restroom, first the tinkle, then a louder flush and if a TV was on there was not need to turn my on as I could here the words very clearly. Shower was one stream of water, like that out of a water hose.

Overall I think sleeping is what a hotel is about, thus I could not recommend this one.

• Liked — Friendly fornt desk staff
  • Disliked — Rude breakfast waiters, just put the cofee out with the buffet.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank ltinneytx
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 March 2006

I travel often with my job, and tend to stay in Ann Arbor about 5 times a year. A co-worker had told me to try the Kensington Court for my recent stay. He was just there in February and had a great experience.
I checked in about 10am, and my room was ready. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and offered to upgrade me since it was my first stay with them. I was upgraded to their Executive Level, which was beautiful. The rooms are bright, clean, had new bedding and furniture, free high speed was great. The desk chairs made it very comfortable for me to do my work right in my room. I later called down to the front desk and asked about a good place to eat .I was told about Graham’s (the hotel restaurant). I went down for dinner and was very surprised by what a great menu this hotel restaurant had. I had a delicious meal, great service and all for a great price. I slept very well that night and had a very easy time checking out he next morning. I look forward to staying at the Kensington Court the next time I come to Ann Arbor.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 February 2006

I am in Ann arbor every few weeks and spend at least 10 nites a year at hotels in the area and this is one I will never visit again. I booked it for a one night stay after a ball game and planned to sleep in and enjoy the "executive room". The Room was nice enough with a down comforter but the "down" pillows had air cushions in them and where terrible. What really spoiled the stay was the NOISE. This hotel has changed hands at least three times that I know of and it was not built with any sound proofing. We could listen to the cell phone ring and the conversation in the room next door. The neighbors alarm radio was so clear that I sat up in bed. That occured at 5am and from that point on doors where slaming at a regular rate in the hall, and they where so loud that it was like lockdown at a prison. We had not more than 4 hours sleep and where very disappointed. The maid was knocking on the door before 9am while I was sipping coffee and trying to clear my head. All the free coffee and redecorating do not make up for the lack of privacy and peace and quiet. Never again.

• Stayed February 2006