“Great Hotel Stay!”

The Kensington Hotel
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Mississippi
Reviewed 14 March 2006

I travel often with my job, and tend to stay in Ann Arbor about 5 times a year. A co-worker had told me to try the Kensington Court for my recent stay. He was just there in February and had a great experience.
I checked in about 10am, and my room was ready. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and offered to upgrade me since it was my first stay with them. I was upgraded to their Executive Level, which was beautiful. The rooms are bright, clean, had new bedding and furniture, free high speed was great. The desk chairs made it very comfortable for me to do my work right in my room. I later called down to the front desk and asked about a good place to eat .I was told about Graham’s (the hotel restaurant). I went down for dinner and was very surprised by what a great menu this hotel restaurant had. I had a delicious meal, great service and all for a great price. I slept very well that night and had a very easy time checking out he next morning. I look forward to staying at the Kensington Court the next time I come to Ann Arbor.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for The Kensington Hotel

Pigeon Michigan
Reviewed 12 February 2006

I am in Ann arbor every few weeks and spend at least 10 nites a year at hotels in the area and this is one I will never visit again. I booked it for a one night stay after a ball game and planned to sleep in and enjoy the "executive room". The Room was nice enough with a down comforter but the "down" pillows had air cushions in them and where terrible. What really spoiled the stay was the NOISE. This hotel has changed hands at least three times that I know of and it was not built with any sound proofing. We could listen to the cell phone ring and the conversation in the room next door. The neighbors alarm radio was so clear that I sat up in bed. That occured at 5am and from that point on doors where slaming at a regular rate in the hall, and they where so loud that it was like lockdown at a prison. We had not more than 4 hours sleep and where very disappointed. The maid was knocking on the door before 9am while I was sipping coffee and trying to clear my head. All the free coffee and redecorating do not make up for the lack of privacy and peace and quiet. Never again.

• Stayed: February 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 November 2005

They have improved the rooms since my previous stay in September 2005---nicer beds and trappings. The rooms used to look like the spare bedroom at my grandmother's house. Restaurant and bar on site are fine if it's pouring rain out, but if you can head to downtown Ann Arbor, do so (fun but college-y bars and quite good restaurants).

• Stayed: November 2005, travelled on business
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2005

The rooms were spacious, I have not slept that well on a hotel bed in many years. They must have added pillow top beds.

The staff was great. My wife has arthritits and the hotel staff was kind enough to provide a wheelchair and actually helped her to our room every night.

The Hotel is located right next to an Arthur Hills golf course which my son and I played while my wife and daughter enjoyed the mall right across the street.

Great location, great people, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2005, travelled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 February 2005

Stayed here in 2005. Used to be the Crowne Plaza. Now called the Kensington Court. Place is OK but starting to go downhill. Front desk not very friendly. Restaurant OK. Pool area needs updating. Fitness center is great. Good equipment. Probably try another hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2005
3  Thank Bobcat12Michigan
Toledo, OH
Reviewed 23 February 2005

I have experienced great stays at this hotel. We visit often because we have a daughter attending the nearby university. The major mall within walking distance had just gone a major renovation. It IS difficult to get around ANYWHERE in Ann Arbor if you don't have a car, not necessarily from this particular hotel. The staff is friendly and the restaurant they have is very convenient.
The pool is very large and there is a nice workout room.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 August 2003

Obviously not a cheap hotel (single rates around $129), this is a VERY inconvenient hotel if visiting Ann Arbor without a car. There is a bus but it runds every 1/2 hour weekdays and every HOUR on Weekends. Hotel only overs van to SPECIAL corporate clients. Breakfast overpriced (Try the Coney Island Deli an easy walk from there.). Next to large Mall which is going downhill (2 of 4 anchor stores closed.).

MORE importantly, if flying into Detroit, there is no cheap transport.
Hotel will get you a van for inflated price of $40.00 to $50.00. I searched and found a cab service (Arbor Taxi) that took us for $32.00 for up to 3 people.

The Convention facilities are very nice though. CD players in all rooms. The Pool is huge but the Spa was not working till I reported and the Sauna was not working because "someone stole the knobs". (they've been waiting WEEKs for new ones.

Is it woth the $60/night more than the Red Roof Inn accross the street?
Probably not. A bit too remote location for an upscale chain.

Just one person's opinion.

12  Thank SteveinPhilly