“less than I expected”

Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor - U of Michigan South
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 3 September 2013

In Ann Arbor for a scheduled Medical procedure.Hotel is in need of updates. Room was clean,bathtub was not very clean,debris on floor and hair tub. I would think that in a city like Ann Arbor,Red Roof would make sure their properties would be above average. Front desk and check in was out standing.

1  Thank Tplaisar

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Just back from my son's move to the University of Michigan. Clean, comfortable and well-sized room very conveniently located in relation to the school, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Target and Best Buy. Lots of food options close by open early and late. Great value. Breakfast not as good as the Holiday Inn Express close by but rates were also cheaper here.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We were in Ann Arbor for a unexpected medical stay at U of M hospital. Because of Jr. Olympics this was the only vacancy we could find. Upon checkin i was assured by the staff that the rooms were very clean. I wasn't looking for luxury but clean is very important! Once in the room I was disgusted, it was filthy. The carpet stained, burns in the bedspread, and some unknown gunk stuck to the phone, towels were stained. Never again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Lynn S
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Clean, comfortable, friendly, nice continental breakfast, reasonably priced. As far as basic hotel accommodations go, I was quite satisfied. I wouldn't want to live there, but otherwise.... I really don't have anything to complain about. I've stayed in other hotels (including other Red Roof Inns) that weren't as nice. No problem recommending. I had absolutely no concerns.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We came to Ann Arbor for the Jr Olympics at the University. We did not book through the hotel (we used the aau advisor) but they ensured us that it was a great hotel for the area and the other hotel our team stayed at was booked. The front desk staff was great, check in was a simple and easy process. However, once inside the room, we found roaches. I called the desk and asked that the room be sprayed. They ensured me that maybe it was a junebug and they sprayed for roaches once a week. I informed them that it was definitely roaches and she said the maintenance guy would spray when he got there at 11:30am...no one showed up. My husband went to the desk and again they promised he would come out and spray. NO ONE CAME! The cleaning crew used profanity, were very unprofessional and very loud, some with name tags/some without, not what I expect for 91.00 a night!!! The breakfast was drab, no pool (not the hotels fault, aau stated they had a pool and exercise room and had neither) one washer and one dryer so you had to wait in line to wash....I can go on and on. Needless to say, I informed aau of all of these problems and asked them to please take this hotel off their list of recommened hotels. Location was good..across from the mall (it has no food court strangely) but if you can, stay somewhere else. I have never stayed at a red roof inn and after this experience, I will never again. Hope this helps someone make a better choice and I hope the owner sees this and makes some changes since they own the Comfort Inn next door to it. (which looked 200% better than this one..hate they had no vacancy)

Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

There were several conferences going on in Ann Arbor the weekend we needed to stay. This was the only area motel I could find a room. Check in was fine, friendly staff. Lobby was a bit shabby but clean.

Our room was in the back with only one tight driveway in and out. Everything was fine when we brought our belongings in. The room was clean although under the sheets the mattresses looked old and stained. Bathroom area was nicely redone.

Later in the evening when we returned from dinner, people seemed to be loitering around outside and smoking outside their rooms. Also no parking near our room. It really felt unsafe to me.

Triple locked our door and had a relatively quite night. The next morning people were loitering around outside the lobby in their pajamas...weird.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 23 July 2013

For the price, this is a very nice hotel. I was surprised by some of the other reviews. Our room was clean, the staff was friendly and they had a nice contenental breakfast (most Red Roof's we've stayed in don't have anything or very limited). I would recommend this hotel if you just need a place ot sleep and relax.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor. There is no elevator at Red Roofs with only 2 floors.