“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Flemington, New Jersey
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

i wasnt expecting such a nicely updated and clean room for the price i paid, but it exceeded my expectations. loved the room decor. even though we were early, they managed to have a room available for me and my daughter visiting the college. i left my WIFI hotspot in the room at checkout time then left for the airport and the room attendant named Josesa brought it to the front desk and Alyson set it aside for me to make arrangements to have it shipped back to my office. London and Nicole at the front desk kept an eye on it for me while i waited for the delivery. the WIFI device was returned to me and i am very grateful. the included breakfast was fresh and plentiful and the coffee was delicious.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
MAGGIE S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor - U of Michigan South, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
I’m thrilled to hear all of our amenities and staff suited your stay so well. We are always so pleased to have the ability to get lost items back to our guests and I’m glad our staff could be of assistance to you regarding this matter! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Your comments will be passed along to the entire staff and used to continuously make adjustments in regards to the customer service we strive to provide to each and every one of our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope to see you in your future travels.

Maggie S.
Red Roof Inn-U of M, South- Ann Arbor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Long Branch, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Although I did not think the hotel was very upscale, nor all that clean, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed my visit due to an outstanding front desk employee, Jason Hobbs. He was extremely accommodating, compassionate for my needs due to a medical emergency, and very polite. He made my experience during a very stressful time pleasant and special. Thank you Jason.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
MAGGIE S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor - U of Michigan South, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at our inn. We are so happy to hear Jason was able to provide you such excellent and personalized customer service during your visit to Ann Arbor. We apologize that your stay didn’t seem to meet your cleanliness expectations. But, we appreciate your feedback and it will be shared with our entire team, as it will aid us in our constant effort to improve the quality of various aspects of the hotel and the services we provide.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments and we hope to see you during your future visits to Ann Arbor.

Maggie S. - General Manager
Red Roof Inn - U of M, South - Ann Arbor
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Last month I came to visit Ann Arbor. I booked a room in the Red Roof north through Priceline. When I arrived, I found out that they by mistake, booked me a room in the Red Roof university South. I tried to call Priceline to change, but got a reply that there is no way to do so, so reluctantly, I went to the South University branch.
When I got there, I told my story to the receptionist. Not only did she say that the hotel will be happy to cancel the booking, she actively called Priceline, told them that they can cancel the booking (she can not do it as it is ordered through them), yelled at the representative for giving me the wrong information, and booked me a room in the north branch herself.
So I can't say anything about the hotel, but if the service to the costumers is as good as the one that people who want to cancel their booking get, then this is a great place to stay in. They could easily tell me there is nothing to do, but went the extra mile to help.
Thank you again, Nicole, for all your help, and I promise next time I'll come stay in your hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent experiences with our Front Desk Staff. I’m thrilled Nicole was able to help you with your lodging needs and was able to provide you such exceptional and caring service during your short visit to our hotel. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as it is exciting and rewarding for us all to know. We aim to continue providing a one-of-a-kind customer service atmosphere for all customers in contact with our staff.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with our staff and fellow guests. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Maggie S. - General Manager
Red Roof Inn - U of M, South - Ann Arbor
East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Staying here three nights a week for a contract job nearby. Great location, recently updated rooms. The staff is incredibly friendly and truly values your business. I was able to negotiate a stellar rate for my three night stays and they made the process so easy and enjoyable. Love love love this place!

Room Tip: If you are travelling by yourself, try to get a king room. They are on the second floor but it is wo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
MAGGIE S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Ann Arbor - U of Michigan South, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We're happy to hear that all of our accommodations successfully met your lodging needs. I have shared your comments with our entire team, as they are encouraging and appreciated. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you and hope to continue providing you the best possible service during your future travels.

West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed here during a University of Michigan visit -- room was clean and updated, service was great, convenient location to reach the campus, Wifi worked well, breakfast was free and fine. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joel3_16000
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I'm so pleased to hear how well our location near the University of Michigan worked during your recent stay. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our many amenities, such as the complimentary breakfast and wifi. Feedback from our guests is always welcome and shared with our entire staff, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Tillsonburg, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here during the winter classic. The room was expensive for the size of it but I understood the markup that was going on for the event.
The rooms were nice, and the staff was great. We are good with staying at any Red Roof Inn and are hoping to return for a Wolverines game in September.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay for the Winter Classic. What a game! We always enjoy all the spirit and excitement of our guests during the many events hosted in Ann Arbor.

I'm pleased our staff was able to provide you the best service possible during your trip away from home. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as providing service that truly makes our guests say, "wow" is an expectation for us. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in September for a Wolverines game.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My friends and I stayed at this Inn during the Winter Classic. We were completely satisfied with the place - clean sheets and enough space for the 4 of us. The staff is friendly and very accommodating, plus free breakfast and WiFi were nice perks. The walkways and stairs were cleared of snow and salted before we made it out of our rooms. The bathrooms could use an upgrade but for the price we paid and location, we weren't expecting anything fancy, and this Red Roof met it's value. We walked to Michigan Stadium in about 40 minutes, even in the snow. There are also quite a few restaurants and Briarwood Mall in close proximity.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I'm so happy to hear what great, individualized service our staff was able to provide you during a very busy weekend. Our hotel offers many amenities, such as a continental breakfast and complimentary WiFi. I'm glad you were able to take complete advantage and enjoyed these additional amenities. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We are always upgrading and improving various aspects of our hotel and appreciate your feedback regarding the restrooms. We hope you'll visit us again to see the various changes we are continuously making to better suit all aspects of your lodging needs.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels to Ann Arbor.

Very truly yours,