“Please. . . find somewhere else to stay!!!!”
Review of Days Inn Ann Arbor

Days Inn Ann Arbor
Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 14 October 2011

We made a reservation to stay at a Days Inn expecting the quality of a Wyndham Company Hotel and were shocked and amazed By how run-down, dilapidated, and filthy this hotel was. Our reservation was for three nights, we stayed one and left. The mattress pad had holes in it, the sheets were thin enough to see through, the air conditioner clanged and leaked water. When we brought our issues to the front desk they LAUGHED at us.

The customer service was negligent at best. The reaction from corporate Days Inn was just as dissatisfactory.

DO NOT MAKE RESERVATIONS HERE. . . FOR ANY REASON. YOU WILL REGRET IT!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Anonymous06182011

Reviewed 25 September 2011

We had to stay there for one night and it was horrible, the room smelled like some one just finished smoking. We got bitten by bed bugs, yes, BED BUGS!!! I had to throw away my brand new blanket and some of my clothing to avoid bringing them home with me. We couldn't even sleep well, thnks to the bed bugs. The service, HORRIBLE. Thank God it was only for one night. I would have left the minute we got there, unfortunately our fly was delayed and got there very late at night and since we were not familiar with the area, we had no choice that stay there until the next morning. The tub and tiles were re-finished and the paint is peeling off. Don't go there!! Trust me.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank Alma A
Comfortinn2376, General Manager at Days Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

I am the General Manager of the Days Inn of Ann Arbor, we would like consumers to be notified that we have only had 1 incident in 2012 where bed bugs were actually detected in the room. we utilize a pest control company once a month to come inspect our rooms to ensure guests that there is no infestation of any kind at this property. our hotel is bed bug free and we are disturbed to see this website is displaying 6 false claims. we do our best to accomadate all guest and to ensure a enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

Whilst we always knew this was one of the cheaper hotels we would be using during our trip to the states I have to say that for the price we paid we were pretty happy with the accomodation. My daughters and I didn't use the pool but my husband did and said things were ok until several people got in virtually in their clothes, i.e. did not change into swimwear which was a bit disconcerting. However, on the positive side, we were late getting up for the breakfast buffet one morning and the attendant was more than happy to bring things out (that had previously been put away) so that we could get some breakfast food. Very obliging. All in all not a bad experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandgrown1
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This hotel is horrible! From what I have observed....people actually live here (drug addicts, dealers, and prositutes). From the maintainance receipt request that was in my room, it was even more evidence that people live here. I had a no smoking room yet there were cigerette burns on the carpet. There were stains on the sheets and hairs! There was a spider crawling in the bathtub.....UGH! Just horrible! The worst part of all were the LOUD creeking noises from the bed in the room above me and the loud, disguisting noises I was subjected to ALL night. I was horrified and absolutely disguisted. It was obvious that a prositute was working out of that room. The hotel smells of smoke and mold and I was left with a horrible respiratory cold that immediately got better as soon as I got the heck out of that place. I went to the Hampton Inn- North and had a very CLEAN, RELAXING, AND PROFESSIONAL stay....a world's away from this Days Inn. Never again! Please take my advice....do not waste your money. This place is not worth $20/night. I never leave reviews, but this place has scarred me so bad and was such a nightmare, I felt it necessary to warn others.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
9  Thank Sophia A
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The best advice I can give is to never book with Expedia etc if you want to stay in this hotel. The manager told me that the reason I got a "substandard" room (his words!) was because I booked through Expedia. The wireless Internet did not work; my key did not work most of the time (I had to be rekeyed 40 times in 3 days!): there was no hot water for a shower on 2 occassions; there was an empty whiskey bottle on my balcony; my non-smking room had cigarette butts on the balcony; I had a mouse in my room one night; etc. etc etc.!! But the BEST part was the smell of the cleaners that they used. I will never forget that!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
9  Thank mira13
Comfortinn2376, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2011

this guest has made numerous bogus complaints, she was a guest at my hotel for a few days, she was one of the most difficult people i have ever dealt with in my four years of management, she brought her complaints to me the first night of her stay in a rude fashion by swearing at me the whole time, when i offered to change the room and rectify the problems she refused, she than began to walk around my breakfast area telling guest we had rats and which is a totally not true and inappropriate! once the guest checked out i sent my housekeeping and maintenance man up to her room to inspect it and just as i thought there was nothing wrong at all with the room. this guest than contacted my corporate office looking for reimbursement, the days inn corporate office investigated the case and decided in my favor, probably because they could sense she was LYING and trying to get a something for nothing. she than contacted Expedia looking for reimbursement and once again she was denied it, i am a hotel manager, my job is be accommodating to people and that is what i do. this complaint is false and the person make it is not being truthful. thank you

Reviewed 6 September 2011

I fly in once a year from California for a game. I had a great experience dealing with the Days Inn Ann Arbor for UM Football Saturdays. It is close enough to the campus for a short drive/cab into the game, but not nearly as expensive as the "on-campus" hotels. The customer service was excellent (thanks John!) and the rooms clean and comfortable.

I will definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank AndrewM483
Reviewed 26 August 2011

During an August 2011 vist to Ann Arbor, we, along with two other groups of family, chose to stay at the Ann Arbor Days Inn. During my very fist conversation with the check-in clerk, I was informed that he 'came in at 4:00' and didn't have that information for me, without any offer to contact someone or check further into my needs. When checking in, though my reservation clearly stated that we needed a Roll-away bed, I was informed that they probably didn't have one available. Although they found one within an hour or so, this turned out to be a precurser of many other issues at this hotel. The next issue was towels the following moring. We needed an extra set of towels, although the front desk finally offered up a pool towel, it was 3 and a half hours before a set of bath towels were provided to us. When the room above us was occupied, there was a leak into our bathroom. Additionally, during most of our three day stay, the ice machine was inoperable. We were treated rudely by nearly everyone EXCEPT two of the housekeeping ladies. The pool was over-chlorinated, the hot tub was almost inoperable, the entire pool area was not well maintained nor clean and the pool bathrooms were so abhorent that we refused to use them. My advise, choose a very different lodging experience when in Ann Arbor. At check-out the charges were different than quoted as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family