“Terrible is an under-statement!!”
Review of Days Inn Ann Arbor

Days Inn Ann Arbor
Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Didn't like ANYTHING about this place! We decided to come here for my B-Day very dirty in & out very noisy environment arguing fighting kids running through the halls yelling knocking on doors etc. windows were filthy, tv was a piece of crap, main door in back didn't lock not to mention the lighting is horrible. I will NEVER return to this Hell Hole Ever!!! I would much rather be bed ridden before I come back to this place. I've stayed in $40 hotels that was better than this. And whoever that person was who left a review about they come here once a month is probably the kind of people who NEED to be there! Just Nasty! I'm gonna report this place to the better business bureau... This place isn't a 3 1/2 star not even close!!!

Room Tip: Camp outside before you come to the days inn ann arbor Mi.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Greg A
Comfortinn2376, General Manager at Days Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

i personally spoke to this guest girlfriend the next day upon checking out. we had a bunch of prom kids in the hotel that night and did our best to manage the noise. no one could specify as to which room they were in so we could not track them down and kick them out. as for the room issues, i not only gave this guest and his girlfriend a 50% discount for the stay, i also gave them a future discount for another stay just to better our tarnished image. i explained to her that not all our rooms has these issues and that it would be taken off market until maintenance and housekeeping could attend to it properly. im sorry to see this guest leave this review about my hotel especially after how sympathetic i was to them.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 25 March 2012

It is rundown, it needs a complete remodel. They have people living in the hotel and not for business. The hotel smelled of urine and spray paint. The beds are bottom of the line. The pool is not at the Days in but at the Comfort Inn. You must exit Days Inn hotel and enter through the back door of the Comfort Inn pool area. Not good and a little scary.

Room Tip: If your looking for a good room, look somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank HonestTraveler111

we do have guest who have their own rooms that they call home, we have 2 people who have been living her for 2 years, one a retired prison guard, the other a Vietnam veteran. it is ridiculous to imply that these guest have any effect on the hotel or other guest staying with us. also, if you go to our website, you will clearly see it says that our indoor pool and Jacuzzi are in a separate building which is literally 10 across from our hotel. honestly it is not scary at all!

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I went to Ann Arbor for a weekend with my buddy to catch the Michigan v. Nebraska game. The good news is that Days Inn has a shuttle bus that picks you up in the parking lot and drops you off right in front of the stadium. And then the shuttle is waiting for you after the game. That was probably the best part of the hotel.

The room itself was decent and there didn't seem to be any visible soil. However, the carpets were old and I don't really want to imagine what's lurking in those fibers. The person and the front desk was overly casual with guests and seemed to be pretty rude to guests who weren't cheering for the home team.

As a single guy who was only in town for two nights, this place was acceptable. But I would not recommend this to anyone who wants something other than a place to crash for a football weekend.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn in Ann Arbor Michigan 3 nights. The stay stay was very pleasent. the room was very well kept and staff was very willing to solve any issues that came up. It's a nice low budget place to stay. I was very stisfied with the stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2011

It was late in the evening and I needed a place to stay with truck parking. This turned out to be a great stay with room to park. I was very please with the way I was treated at the front desk and the room was clean and nice. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this motel to my friends and business associates.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Upon arriving, I expected the lobby area to look like the picture on the website, but was greeted in a tiny area with old worn down furniture, the smell of old cigarette smoke and a strange musty smell. As I spoke with the man wearing a sweater from 1990 behind the reception desk, I quickly took notice of the dirty ceiling tiles behind him and was about to say, "WATCH OUT" as it looked like they were ready to fall on him. We then took our lovely stroll towards our room on the beautiful 1970's carpet that hasn't been vacuumed or cleaned since then while we froze our butts off in the cold hallway. As we walked into our room, it was even colder than the hallway. As I flipped the light switch on, no light came on. Tried it again .... nada. I had my lovely husband keep the door open for me so I can see where I was going in the room to find another light. Aha! I find a floor lamp. Turn the switch .... nothing. So, I made my way over to the desk assuming the third times the charm, but unfortunately, no light :( I was able to turn the light above the bed on though ... SCORE!! So, as I'm turning on the heat in our room, I see the temperature knob was missing. Instead of bothering the 1990's sweater guy in the reception area, I thought I could ask the lady walking down the hall since she looks like she lives there and may know of some tips on what I can do. But, apparently she looked like she was headed out to find some "customers" to bring back to her room and I didn't want to bother her. I notice the lock on the sliding door was not locked and the door wasn't closed completely, so I'm sure that's what was making the room so cold. Unfortunately by then, my poor husbands eyes were already poked out ....... So, we had to set the alarm because we had to get up pretty early in the morning since breakfast is only served until 9. The clock was not plugged in and for some reason, the alarm would not set. That's ok, I have my iPhone, I'll use that instead. As I sit on the bed to set my iPhone alarm, I accidentally leaned up against the head board and the whole thing fell down! Apparently, it was only held up and balancing by a few old metal brackets attached to the wall. My husband wanted to watch some t.v. so I can get ready to go out to dinner. He mentioned that the t.v. cabinet didn't look so well. I come out to see that it was all banged up and chipped, but figured, they must have gotten a great deal from the garbage man selling some used furniture. Needing a tissue to blot my lipstick, I grabbed one off the wall. Instead of getting the old paper like tissue that probably hasn't been changed since 1975, I got the whole box sitting inside of the wall instead. How they get that thing to snap back in the wall is beyond me! So, I need to use the facilities before we head out and noticed the square block think the toilet paper holder is attached too had some dried up blood on it. Lovely. So, now as my patience were wearing thin, we decided instead of getting dinner maybe we should head down town to get drunk so we can just come back with no worry in the world, pass out and wake up in the morning so we can get the heck out of that place!

Oh, and P.S. ~ to the manager that responds to some of these reviews .... your responses are very unprofessional and rude. You representing this hotel is of no surprise to me. You called at least 3 or 4 reviewers on here liars, but 99% of these reviews have proved otherwise. The other 1% that had decent reviews were either employees posing as customers, family members or one of the strange people that live there. Look around the hotel and see how worn down, smelly and dilapidated it is. Stay in a room for the night and maybe you can see what everyone is talking about. Of course you're going to try and protect it's image, it's your job. It is a fact though and no denying ... this. hotel. stinks.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple