“Horrible, Nasty, Disgusting Place!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Ann Arbor

Days Inn Ann Arbor
Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Davison
“Horrible, Nasty, Disgusting Place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2010

Very dated hotel. No elevator and absolutely filthy hall carpeting -- dust caked along the sides. Second floor room was small with a very weird ceiling --concrete and exposed rafters?!?!? And a special surprise -- a HUGE glob of cob webs hanging over the king-size headboard. Furniture was all scraped up and busted along the bottom. Bathroom was awful!!! Water leaked from the shower and rotted out the wall -- leaving a hole in the wall and MOLD. The stench in this room was unbearable. If it hadn't been so late at night, we most definitely would not have stayed there at all. Never again!!!! I would advise anyone to stay elsewhere -- this hotel is not fit for habitation!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank sjloncari
Comfortinn2376, Manager at Days Inn Ann Arbor, responded to this review, 4 March 2011
id like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us. 1st i would just like to say that every hotel in Ann Arbor/ Ypsilanti has high prices during the football season, we were obviously not made aware of any of the issues you had through out the night or even in the morning when you checked out. had we been informed we would have gladly switched your room to one that is more satisfactory . we are currently renovating our curtains and carpets and preparing for the next year, i hope you read this and think of us when you coming back to Ann arbor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

My girlfriend booked a room here in June for the Michigan/Illinois game on 11/6. She booked a King Bed and a Hot tub. Note: She booked this in JUNE!! I had got on here a few days prior and read the reviews and was scared about staying here because I do not like dirty places. I thought i would keep spirits up and roll with the punches since my girlfriend was nice enough to do all of this for my birthday. When we got there the outside looked awful there where sliding doors not attached to the building other doors had huge gaps in them, but i didn't say anything because i just wanted my girlfriend to be happy. We went in to check in and the guy had us for 2 double beds yet charged us for a suite. When we told him thats not what we ordered he then said thats all he could do because the hotel was booked full. We then proceeded to ask for a refund and we would go somewhere else. The guy then told us he could only refund us for one night since we had paid in advance. I then asked to speak with the owner because it was completely bogus that we ordered something in JUNE and they did not have it for us. The owner then told me he all of the sudden had 2 suites come up and that he could put us up in either one but the hot tub did not work in either. I told him i wanted a refund and after about an hour and a half of badgering I finally got my refund. This place i poorly run and smells terrible. Nothing is organized or taken care of. The wall behind the desk looks nice accept everything that is hanging on it is crooked, and they people that are at the desk spent more time on their cell phones then on the customers. DO NOT STAY HERE, this place is DIRTY!!!!!!!!!, Also the Comfort inn right next door is run by the same person STAY AWAY

I do however recommend the Quality Inn across the street they were amazing and the hotel is very clean and very well run. Nicest Quality Inn I have ever seen, Nicer than most Holiday inn and Hilton Garden Inns.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank michigan88

Travellers are raving about these Ann Arbor hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

The only reason to stay here is if you are on a budget. Some friends and I came in for the Michigan-Michigan State game and since the game tickets were so high, we figured we'd save a few bucks on the hotel. Big mistake. The place is dirty and smells awful. We stayed on the second floor and the entire hallway wreaks. A little less stinky inside the room, but still unacceptable. This is a 1 star hotel at best. Next time, we'll pay a little more and stay at the Quality Inn next store or comfort inn across the street. Both looked supremely nicer.

I will say check-in/out was very very quick and the people behind the desk were nice.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank GManNYC
Easton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

Don't know where to begin. Exterior -HORRIBLE looking and POORLY cleaned. Cigarette butts everywhere outside.(DISGUSTING first impression) INSIDE - I saw two bugs during my stay of 2 days,almost fell in the bathroom because the toilet leaked all over the floor. One of the room lamps had no light bulb.The room was too small.Couldn't sleep because the people upstairs were so loud and sounded like they were running and jumping on my ceiling until 4am. I called the front desk 3 times and got no results from any of my complaints.Soda machine took my money and didn't give me my Soda.. The front desk did refund that however. I would NEVER stay here again. NOT even for free!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank gradycn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

I'm a truck driver and needed a cheap place to sleep. The room was $55 so the price was right. Upon check in I was told to have some free pizza, hell ya! Sure the room was dated, but your not buying the place, only staying. I'd recomend this place.

• Stayed September 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
thank you for your review me and the Days Inn staff really appreciate it and hope to see you again next time your driving through Ann Arbor
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

Checked in, started walking to stairs when I saw a mouse running in the hall. I yelled, "OH MY GOD! IS THAT A MOUSE!?" but the clerk never moved. The mouse scurried away, hiding just a few feet from where the breakfast bar would be in the morning - which made me decide I would not be eating or drinking there. Cigarette butts littered the hallway. Second floor hall and rooms smelled moldy. Went into my room and 2 of the lights were unplugged.. AND the balcony door was OPEN. I thought I just walked into a hacker movie and was scared for my safety. Had to have male co-worker come into my room and look under the bed to make sure no one was inside. Didn't sleep a wink because I was so scared. All day the next day, my sinuses were bugging me from the mold.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank LisaUM
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

We arrived late nght, The room that was given to us was not fit for anyone to stay and ruined our time at the graduation ceremony. The room did not have enough light since they was only one light bulb withlow wattage working. The hotel manager did not have any light bulbs to give. I had to ask him to pull one of the dining room. The room was very smelly. It did not have enough towels. I asked the hotel manager and he did not have enough towels to give either. The toilet backed up with a simple flush. The valve to turn the water off was stuck and not working hence we could not turn the water off. I went to the hotel manager to get a plunger. The hotel did not have any. He could not get any help either. There was no other room to switch. We had to let the toilet water spill into the room and much of the room got wet with toilet water. Next day, we were given another room but our whole stay got ruined very badly due to this experience. During the check out, the clerk recognized our room number immediately as the "trouble" room, apologized. She mentioned that that room was not supposed to be given to any guest. I sent a complaint to hotel manager, he did not even respond.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family