Holiday Inn Ann Arbor / University of Michigan
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Red Arrow Motel(Ann Arbor)
View Hotel
Bell Tower Hotel(Ann Arbor)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolnice hoteltypical holiday innhockey tournamentbreakfast buffetfree shuttleattached restaurantconvenient locationfront desk staffvisiting familybusiness centerpleasant staybeds were comfortablefitness centerhospitaluniversitymichigan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I think my only complaint about this hotel is the size of the bathrooms. They could be a bit larger.

I've been here three times with a combined overnight total of 13 days. I've eaten in the restaurant once.

The beds are very comfortable, like you'd expect from a Holiday Inn. The rooms are a typical size and the wifi works well. When people ask for a recommendation of where to stay in Ann Arbor, this the one I give.

Tip: If you enjoy Mediterranean food as much as I do, there's a nice little family-owned place in the shopping plaza next door--great food.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joshua E
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The staff was very friendly and polite.
The room was clean but a little worn. It's definitely seen better days.
My only complaint was due to our rooms proximity to the pool. The noise from the pool wasn't terribly excessive but with it open till 11:30 PM it made it difficult to relax and get an early nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ann Arbor / University of Michigan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Danny I,

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy to hear you like our friendly staff and clean room. I am sorry for any inconvenience the noise levels may have caused you during your stay. I have taken note of your comments and this will certainly be looked into. We do value the comments we receive from our guests as these help us improve the quality and service that we offer. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 August 2014

When we booked we noticed that the stay was rather pricey and so we almost cancelled our reservation, but we're glad we didn't. We were told that the hotel was recently renovated, which was evident when we arrived. Upon arrival we were checked in by Stephanie at the front desk. She welcomed us, gave us directions, gave us suggestions as to what to do during our time here, and even set up a shuttle to the game for us during a very busy weekend in Ann Arbor due to the soccer game. She was there each morning (and night actually) during our stay and was a pleasure to talk to during each encounter. We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet that was available during our stay. Much better than a typical continental breakfast that we get at most hotels. If we are ever in the area again (from Boston) we will stay here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
TaushaV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Ann Arbor / University of Michigan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Gary M,

We were so pleased and thank you for such a wonderful review! Your review left Stephanie quite tickled, she remembered exactly who you were. Your wonderful stay lets us know that we are truly offering great customer service just by being ourselves!

I do hope that you visit us again soon, thank you again!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

While the hotel is conveniently located on the northeast side of Ann Arbor (easy to get to the hospital), it is very dated. The bed was comfortable, but the floor/window air-conditioning unit was very loud and cycled on and off all night. The bathrooms are tiny. Relatively expensive for what you get. Mark's Midtown is a Coney restaurant that is next door and you can walk there for a reasonable breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear A2freqtrav,

We apologize that our property did not fully meet your standards and that you experienced issues with your a/c unit during your stay. I would like the opportunity to speak directly with you regarding this and take a look at the unit, so that we can look into what may be wrong with the unit. Last year, our property went through a full renovation and though we tried very hard to expand spaces, we could not expand the bathrooms. We did map them out and saved as much space as possible.

I understand that there are plenty of hotels to choose in the area but I do hope that you may give us another chance to WOW you.

Regards,

Tausha Vargas

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel for work. I had a king bed the first time and two double beds the second time. The second time, my room was musty smelling when I would walk in but I would lose the smell after awhile. I wasn't sure why because the AC was on and set at 68 degrees. I think they gave good service and always quick at check-in. The location is nice and convenient to many parts of Ann Arbor. I didn't have any bad interactions with the hotel and overall, it is just average. There is an attached restaurant which has a decent soup/salad buffet during the week.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face the pool, so you may or may not want that
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Tcasey12,

Thank you for your review, I do apologize that your room wasn't up to par the second time around. I would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and also to locate the room that you were in. I was pleased to read that the service is always good and your check-in is smooth and that you enjoy the weekly buffet, that makes our team very happy to read!

I hope that the next time you stay with us, that I am able to say hello!

Regards,