“Great experience!”

Sonesta ES Suites Ann Arbor
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was a great experience. The staff were wonderful, the rooms were a generous size, the breakfast was very good and the cleaning staff were amazing! We saw renovations were going on and although I think our room was outdated and probably on the list, a clean room is so much more important than new appliances. I had the dishwasher cleared and reloaded while we were out for the day. I could not have asked for more. The pool and whirlpool were clean and open until late. My family feel in love with Ann Arbor and when we come back, we will positively stay at this hotel. Thanks for a great vacation!

Room Tip: The 9 building would be a new room and close to the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie_AGM, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

It is so great to hear what a wonderful time you had with us. Thank you for all the amazing compliments. It is our goal to have every guest have an experience like yours, we’ll see you next time!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Rooms are a bit date; room was a bit dark (not enough lamps). Location is convenient to 94, and the immediate area has a nice selection of fast food and nite spots. Good breakfast, lots of parking. They were undergoing construction while there so the breakfast service was a bit cramped but they did well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie_AGM, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

It is good to hear thank you will be back! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. As we are going through our much anticipated renovation we strive to have all our guest unaffected. We are happy you were able to still enjoy our ongoing amenities like complimentary breakfast, guest social and fitness center. See you next time at the Residence Inn Ann Arbor!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I can't say enough positive things about the Residence Inn by Marriott in Ann Arbor. They took us in for three weeks while our house was being dried out from water damage. The entire staff made us feel like we were in our home away from home. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and stress free: the manager, sales representative, desk clerks, maintenance staff, food services, maid service - everyone we encountered. The breakfasts and dinners were first rate! Couldn't ask for more. The fitness center was always extremely clean, stocked with fresh towels and helped us with stress release due to the diversity of the equipment. I would highly recommend this hotel for a short get away or a long term stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

It was our pleasure to have you here at the Residence Inn Ann Arbor! It is our goal to treat our guests like family and be a “home away from home” especially in a situation like yours. We are so happy we were able to meet out standards with your family. It’s great to hear you’ve got your home back, we look forward to seeing you again under better circumstances!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We booked a two room bi-level suite as we were traveling with our 16 year old daughter. The room was definitely clean, but everything else was old, tired and uncomfortable. Horrible lighting from the 1980s, ancient colors, and yes, the outdoor steps up to the room were indeed, crumbling, and coated with snow and ice (it was the middle of winter in Michigan) - downright unsafe. Breakfast room was truly odd and disjointed, with little variety and the same tired look as the rest of the property. Definitely not worth nearly what we paid for these rooms. This one has to be on Marriott's upgrade list, pronto; I would never go back unless I knew significant money had been invested.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie_AGM, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and the kind compliments about our housekeeping staff and property cleanliness. Our goal is to provide every guest with a superb experience in every aspect, we apologize for not doing so. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the room décor and complimentary breakfast offerings. To address your concerns I am happy to announce our extensive multi-million dollar renovation that will begin this month. If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact me at ri.arrmi.agm@marriott.com We hope to have to opportunity to accommodate you again after our construction.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was a really fabulous experience here. My family and I booked a two bedroom suite and service was top notch from start to finish. We originally had booked a two bedroom bi-level suite with one bedroom and bathroom loft style and another below. You do lack on the privacy issue so we requested if they had any more of the two bedroom suites that were on the same level for only $10/night. They were really friendly and even discounted us that $10 cost with apologies that it wasn't up to our standards.

The beds were comfy and they provided us with a pack n play for our little one and also offered free wifi.

The complimentary breakfast was FANTASTIC - we were able to feed a hungry 9 people for free for a breakfast that included sausage, eggs, breakfast potatoes, french toast, pancakes, even Asian rice with toppings, oatmeal, cereal, pastries, fruit, fruit & yogurt parfaits, yogurt, make your own waffles and much more! For Mother's Day, they passed out long stem roses.

Over all, a great experience and very much worth staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the comments! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a memorable experience with us. We pride ourselves on high levels of guest service and love hearing that you were no exception. We look forward to your next stay at the Residence Inn Ann Arbor.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I had a week of appointments at the University of Michigan Health System. Booked a week at the Residence Inn. Got the hospital rate of $100 per night plus tax. The room was clean, quiet, but out dated and had broken lampshades. We travel extensively and have never encountered a situation like we encountered. There was a sign in the bathroom stating that only 20 minutes of hot water were available with a wait of 30 minutes to an hour to get the next 20 minutes of hot water. How can two people shower, shave, etc. with only 10 minutes each? Especially when one of the people is disabled! It was suggested that if we required more hot water we could upgrade our room! Other chains in the area; Holiday Inn, Comfort Suites, etc. offer discounted rates around $60 plus tax, Seeing we booked at a place that was almost double what the other chains were asking we expected a better experience! With long exhausting days at the hospital we didn't have the luxury of hanging around the room to wait for enough water for both of us to shower. I'm surprised that we weren't told that we were only allowed one roll of toilet paper for our 7 day stay. I'm sure we would have been told "you can always upgrade your room"!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Stephanie_AGM, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Ann Arbor. We appreciate the compliments on our cleanliness and were glad you got to enjoy our hospital discount, however are sorry to hear about your disappointing encounter. Our exterior access rooms do all have private hot water tanks much like a typical home. We only provide the signage in the room regarding the water as for our guests to plan accordingly with showers, our rooms can accommodate up to six. If you would like to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me at 734.996.5666 ext 2120.
Respectfully,

Stephanie
Assistant Gerneral Manager

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I just wanted to let you know that Rosemary, who was on duty at the desk last night, is a wonderful example of the type of employee all companies should employ.

I wasn't sure if I was going in the right direction coming from Michigan heading back to Indiana and it was raining out. I pulled off the next exit and looked for a hotel vs gas station as typically today those employees at gas stations can't give directions anywhere. I saw your Mariott after 10 pm and went in. Rosemary was at the desk. I asked her my question and she was able to confirm I needed the exit one back. She told me how to get back on the highway etc. Then she said if you will tell me what city ÿou're traveling to, I will print up the directions." That way I didn't have to use my abbreviated handwritten bullet list of highways reversing the directions I had from MapQuest when I traveled to Michigan earlier in the week. She did it very kindly and went out of her way to help me. And what she provided was correct. Lovely person!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Stephanie_AGM, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Ann Arbor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you for stopping by! it is great to hear you were so well taken care of, we absolutely pride ourselves on our stellar guest service. We hope you can enjoy the property on your next trip.