“Excellent Value...Impressive surroundings!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jackson, Michigan
“Excellent Value...Impressive surroundings!”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Went to the A2 Art Festival...then stayed in town (even though we live less than an hour away) It made for a nice family get-away! We chose the Sheraton because it was the only hotel with 2 queen beds (vs. 2 doubles) in the area...The interior had a great boutique hotel look...the only oddy was this...I am glad that this hotel accepts pets however when we arrived 3 dogs were in the lobby with their owners...one on an owners lap on the sofa, 2 lying on the floor...could we keep the pets out of common areas??? c'mon!

Our room was lovely, beds and variety of pillow types made the whole family happy!
Fridge and location very convenient. Areas outdoors for a simple picnic...in/out pool...but no areas inside for same, we usually look for a place to play cards with family and enjoy a snack...but it was raining...so we skipped it. Nice to have a cocktail lounge and the restaraunt has breakfast menu and buffet...b-fast coupons included with our stay so this weekend so this turned out to be one heck of a value!

We will very likely return!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Dear ilikevacation123:

Glad you decided to stay with us during your visit to the art fair and delighted that you liked the hotel. We appreciate the business and hope you will visit us again soon for another family getaway!

Please call on me personally if i may be of service in any way.

Steve-

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Reservation was not honored for room with two queens at first. Then while unpacking, room with 2 queens was found so we moved. Left my jacket hanging in first room's closet. Asked to have jacket returned. During the whole of our two days there, no one could find the time to get my jacket out of the room. Was promised the jacket would be mailed back on June 26th. It has never been mailed and have left two phone meesages with housekeeper requesting news -- no return phone calls. Hate to see what would happen if there were a real emergency where communication and organizational skills were important. Off my life of hotels for good. Sorry we wasted the money at this place which is trying to upgrade but just doesn't get the basics.

2 Thank lclewis
Dear lclewis:

Thanks very much for your business and feedback regarding your recent stay and experience with us. I am truly sorry to hear that we failed to provide you with the quality service and professional efficiency we so often do.

I sincerely hope that you will reconsider your decision not to return and will allow us another opportunity to serve you and restore your faith in us. In the meantime, if I may be of service in any way, please call on me personally.

Virginia
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I staid here for four nights during a recent trip to Ann Arbor. I would generally recommend it. The renovations are finished and the rooms are clean, modern and comfortable. They seem to have even put new beds in and the mattresses are terrific. Parking is free and plentiful and the location is pretty good. There's a terrific Korean restaurant down the block and there are numerous other places that are within walking distance or a short drive.

But still it is not perfect. Here are some things that could be improved:

1) The Fitness Center: It's new and has some new equipment. But it doesn't have that many nautilus machines. It can use a few more weight machines for customers who like a serious workout.

2) The restaurant is good but as at many hotels is on the pricey side, especially at breakfast. ($6.00 for a bagel and a glass or orange juice).

3) The water pressure in my shower was weak. I know that hotels should conserve water but Sheraton might be going a little overboard on this. I couldn't really get a comfortable shower.

As you can see, my criticisms are nit-picky. Ann Arbor doesn't really have any five star resorts type places that I know of so if you are going, you might as well stay at the Sheraton.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
Dear HP1972:

Thanks for your business and taking the time to comment on your experience with us. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our new Sweet Sleeper beds!

Next time you're here, we'll get you a complimentary pass to our partner fitness facility across the street - its 30,000 s.f. of state of the art machines, free weights, tanning, basketball court, steam, saunas and full service locker facilities.

If you'll let me know the room you occupied, I'll have my engineering crew check the water pressure in that room.

If there is anything I can assist with in the meantime, please let me know.

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 1 July 2011

This is a newly renovated hotel and it has a new pet friendly policy. Beautiful rooms with small fridges and microwaves. Wonderful staff! We intend to stay there again with our lovely standard poodles.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2011
Dear Karlinka:

Thanks very much for the business and great comments about the hotel and my staff - glad you found our pet posture beneficial!

We look forward to serving you and the poodles again in the very near future. If I can be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Very clean and freshly decorated/updated. Rooms are great and bed mattresses are excellent. The bathroom is great - perfectly appointed. Great security for rooms and elevator access. Clean pool and exercise room. Loved the lobby bar - the small plates selection was both innovative and tasty - grilled asparagus with prosciutto as an example. As a woman traveling independently - I highly recommend and will choose this option over my usual Kensington Court from now on - better value and fresher update.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
Dear MidwestGirlOH:

Thank you so much for your business and taking the time to comment on your experiences with us - I appreciate both beyond words.

I am certainly elated to hear how much you enjoyed our beautifully transformed hotel and all our amenities.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future, if I can be of service in the meantime, please let me know.

-Steve
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I am a foodie so..my more exuberant review of this hotel since renovation has much to do with the 100% improvement in food offerings: excellent and affordable room service options AND a superb buffet breakfast (only $5 for kids) which usually includes eggs benedict.
What else has improved? The fitness center is now comfortable, well lit and equipped with headphones and multiple choices of free weights and machines. The swimming pool is basic, part indoor and part outdoor but perfect for kids. The beds continue to be very comfortable. The internet is FREE (surely a major plus for most of us).

Will definitely stay there again when in Ann Arbor.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Solange72
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
Dear Solange72:

Thank you very much for your business and kind words regarding our new hotel and much improved food offerings! The entire team here is extremely proud of our transformation and look forward to many more favorable experiences like yours.

We'll see you next time - please call on me anytime if I may be of service.

-Steve
san francisco, ca
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I can see the hotel is well on its way to becoming very nice, comfortable, and chic. However, my room reeked of paint and new furniture (varnish) smell, which I'm sure can't be good for you. A friend who stayed with me one night complained of a slight headache the next morning, which I'm guessing might be attributed to the odor. There was also a lot of construction still going on, which meant equipment and construction workers were out on the floor during the day (quiet at night though)
Aside from that, everything was clean, workers were incredibly friendly, and breakfast was tasty as mentioned. Give it a few months for the fumes to dissipate, and I'd stay here again for sure. However, for my next couple business trips out there, I'll book elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank kjnim
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Dear kjnim:

Thanks for your business and comments pertaining to your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the new furniture and paint smells were a bit much for you and your friend. Now that we have finished the project, I think you'll find that those fumes have dissipated greatly.

I am very glad you found my staff, cleanliness and food offerings to your satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again soon to even better reviews! If I can be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.