“Up to snuff”

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 April 2012

All Sheraton's have a quality control built in so we as travelers don't get a big disappointing surprise but it's pretty neat when the rooms are newly renovated, all crisp and fresh like this one in Ann Arbor. My friend and I had plenty of room in our double queen room and we made our own Starbacks coffee in the room each morning. For sure I will book this hotel each time I find myself in this part of Michigan....yes and no need to bring your own pillow.... They are marvelous!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kwickwireTO
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear wixie,

Thank you for your business and sharing your experience with us - glad you enjoyed the services and facilities. I am extremely proud of both.

Hope you do have the need to return to Ann Arbor and look forward to serving you again when you do. If I can be of service in the meantime, please call on me.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was a little concerned when I read some of the other reviews for this hotel, but I'm glad I booked a room here. I was in town on business, just for one night, and my normal spot in Ann Arbor was booked.

The rooms have recently been redone, and I think the lobby has been completely updated, too. The lobby was spacious with a nice bar area and spots to sit in small groups. My room was very comfortable, clean, and everything was in good working order - no signs of obvious wear and tear.

I didn't require much in the way of service from the staff, but they were helpful with recommendations for a restaurant and when I requested a late checkout time. I would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad side to this property. It is very near to Interstate 94, but I didn...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ole_Roll

Dear Ole_Roll,

Thanks for your business and trying us out - glad you enjoyed the experience and hope we will become your "normal spot" for future visits to Ann Arbor.

If I can be of service in any way, please call on me personally.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

My son and I visited University of Michigan recently and chose to stay at the Sheraton Ann Arbor. I always travel with a pillow because of bad experiences with hotel pillows. I forgot mine, but it was no problem because the 4 plump, squishy pillows on each bed were wonderful. The beds were very comfortable with crisp, white bedding. The room had a fridge, microwave and a great coffee maker with Starbucks coffee. The bathroom was new and clean. There was a breakfast buffet that wasn't cheap, but had great fruit and everything you could want. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on an upper floor. I think if you were on the first floor the lights from the parking lot m...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Hattie2610

Dear Hattie2610:

Thanks very much for your business, kind words and recommendation! We hope to see and serve you again soon. If I can be of assistance in the meantime, please call on me.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here for two nights with family, we had booked a room for 3 adults and 2 kids, we called before to confirm that there would be two double beds, and one extra bed in the room for us. When we came the extra bed was missing, since we did not needed it for the first night, my wife went to the reception to make sure we had it the following night, they said that if there was one available we could get it. This was not something I would expect from a Sheraton hotel, but is seems that we were lucky and the bed came the day after.
The first morning the housekeeping woke us up at 8.30 to clean the room, I told her that we were still sleeping, and that she could come back later, it seems that it was not ok for her, because when we came back later that day the room was not cleaned, so around 3 pm I called the reception to make sure they would clean the room. At 5.30 I went to the reception to tell them that we were going out and that the room was still not cleaned, when we came back later it was cleaned. I asked how to avoid getting waken up around 8.30, and they said " put the do not disturb sign on the door" and that seems to have helped. This is the only hotel I have experience this at.
The gym is one of the better I have seen in a hotel at this level.
After all, it is an ok hotel, with a strange service, the rooms are clean, but for the price I would consider those on the other side of the same road.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PerMouritzen
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear PerMouritzen:

Thank you so much for your business and taking the time to share your experiences during your recent visit with us.

My deepest apologies for the very untypical and poor service you experienced with my front desk and housekeeping teams. I assure you, the incidents you mentioned will be addressed.

If I can be of service in any way, please do not hesitate to call on me.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Nice looking hotel, but poorly run. It took four tries for them to get my reservation correct. Two other family member reported having the same experience. Our first night, there was NO soap in the room, and judging by the many guests in the lobby reporting the same, there must not have been soap in most rooms. Later, around 11 pm, I ran into a staff person in the hallway with a handful of soap bars, who had been making rounds deliveing soap to many rooms. The next day, a family member's room had still not been cleaned by the maid as of 5 pm. One of the supervisors gave me the excuse that they had only two maids for the entire hotel. On the way out to dinner, at 6:30 pm, we saw maid's carts still in the hallway. They still had not gotten round to cleaning several rooms. Perhaps they got to it by bedtime!!! I will say, however, that they had some of the most comfortable beds I've eve had in a hotel.

2  Thank Ariel D
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Ariel D:

Thanks very much for your business and taking time to share your experiences from your recent stay with us.

My sincere apologies for the very untypical problems you encountered with reservations accuracy and with my Housekeeping team. I assure you, these mishaps will be addressed and not repeated in the future.

Glad to hear you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds - they are indeed awesome!

I hope we'll have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future. If I can be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Sheraton Ann Arbor was very clean and comfortable. The room on the club floor was large and very quiet.

Room Tip: Request club level if you are a member.
1  Thank Gbuyer
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We have stayed here a few times in the past as it is convenient to our home when we needed work done on the house or just wanted to get away for a swim. This coming weekend I have 3 rooms booked and cannot wait to see the renovations for myself. I have always thought this Sheraton to be family friendly, not at all snobby and quick with fixes if needed. I have had a few upgrades to club level and they are always greatly appreciated when received, but I am well aware that this is luck and not a priveledge. I would recommend this hotel for family stays or for business.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Dear bethgames,

Thanks so much for your continued loyalty and taking time to comment on your experiences with us past & present. I sincerely appreciate the business and kind words.

We look forward to serving you again soon - if I may be of service in the meantime, please let me know.