“Always Impressed”

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I've been staying at the Sheraton, off and on, for the past 4 years. The renovations always impress me when I return. The dinner menu is outstanding! The addition of the 90+ point Wine Spectator offering is a really nice touch. I've recently heard the buffet lunch IS BACK!! If you work close by, it's the best value lunch in Ann Arbor. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff, everyone is very professional. I love bringing my kids for the night as they enjoy the swimming pool and ALWAYS have to have the french fries for their late night snack.

1  Thank Shawn C
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Dear Shawn C,

Thanks so much for your continued loyalty and kind words - we appreciate it greatly!
Hope to see you back soon. Please let us know if we can do anything in the meantime.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I recently completed an overnight, weekend stay at the Sheraton Ann Arbor. The hotel, formerly a Four Points by Sheraton, and was recently renovated. The rooms were decorated with furniture in fantastic shape and technology including RFID room keys and an iPod dock. Also, the bathrooms were updated with an adjustable shower head and lighted mirror (a nice step up from a standard Sheraton). Moreover, the room had a built-in area for a mini fridge, coffee maker, and microwave.

Although the hotel has a great hard product, the soft product is rough around the edges. For example, the elevators didn't appear to be vacuumed during the weekend. As a result, the floors were consistently dirty. Moreover, check-in and check-out were slow processes. While it's good to see that the needs of other guests were thoroughly addressed, waiting 10 minutes for both check-in and check-out is a problem that should be addressed.

Nevertheless, the Sheraton Ann Arbor is a solid choice for the local area and is still a top choice for my trips back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Keane N
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

Dear Keane N,

Thanks so much for your business and taking time to share your comments with us - feedback like yours affords the opportunity to improve our service and product quality, continually.

Glad you found the physical product to your satisfaction and very sorry that we missed the mark with our front desk and housekeeping services during your recent visit. Rest assured, the issues you encountered have been communicated and will be resolved.

We look forward to serving you again soon to better experiences. If I may be of service in any way in them meantime, please call on me personally.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton February 11-13, my sister was having surgery at the University of Michigan and I wanted to be close by. This hotel was ideal for what I was looking for. 15 minutes from the hospital and restaurants not that far away. The room was great. I slept very well during my stay and had no problems at all. I would stay here again. Also the carpet in our room was new and I liked the fact that each room had a mini re-fridge and microwave.

1  Thank liketotravel952
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear liketotravel952,

Thank you for your business and taking the time to comment on your experience with us - both are appreciated immensely.

Glad to hear the service and product quality met your expectations as we're looking forward to serving you again soon. If there is anything we could have done better to exceed them, please let me know.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

We had a really unusual experience here with check-in and check-out. I'll spare all the details, but we were unable to get the room we reserved, were given a key for someone else's room (thank goodness they weren't in the room when we entered), were charged more nights than we stayed and had incidentals on our bill that weren't ours. This was a first for me. The hotel did correct everything in the end (had to correct most of it post-stay after seeing credit card statement), so I am very thankful for that.

However, it is obvious that more training needs to happen with front desk personnel and others. This includes housekeeping. We were awoken at 8am by vacuuming in the hallway. The vacuuming went on for over one hour (it was a long, very wide hallway and he was obviously very thorough!). The housekeeper was using an industrial vacuum cleaner and it was loud... who does that at 8am?

The room was very comfortable, updated and modern. I was pleased with the quality of the room amenities and cleanliness. I wouldn't hesitate staying here again if in the area. But I will be holding my breath and crossing my fingers that my room, bill, and the noise (from vacuums) will all work out for the best the next time around.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank funandrelaxation
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear funandrelaxation,

Thank you for selecting us and taking time to share your experiences from your recent visit.
My deepest apologies for the untypical mishaps you encountered at check-in as well as the rude awakening by Housekeeping. Rest assured these incidents have been addressed and will not be repeated.

We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Ann Arbor. If I may be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

We enjoyed a long weekend stay recently and must say that the newly refurbished hotel is very lovely. We stayed in a club level room and it was very nice. Beds were not as comfy as I would like but there were many amenities we enjoyed: Starbucks coffee in the room, fridge and microwave, lots of outlets and a safe. We've stayed in many hotels in Ann Arbor and this is one of the nicer ones. The rooms triple in rate on football weekends, so we will probably not be staying here when we come to a game.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fab44
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Fab44,

Thank you so much for your business and taking the time to provide this feedback on your recent experience - I appreciate both immensely.

Glad to read that you enjoyed the Club at Sheraton and our product & services overall. Our Sweet Sleeper beds usually receive rave reviews though some find them firmer than other beds.

We hope to serve you again soon and do offer some pretty competitive rates and deals for home games but you have to book early. Happy to assist you with those arrangements personally if interested.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2013

My daughter is a freshman at U of M, and she came down with the flu and pneumonia. As you can imagine, I was facing a stressful situation. I took a train to Michigan (from Chicago) on Wed and stayed for 4 nights. The reservations manager helped me settle in and took care of all my immediate reservation adjustment needs. He sent down hot tea and some nutritional snacks to my room (i.e. for my daughter).

My shuttle drivers took me to the Dr, CVS, etc. They were friendly, kind and personable. They even pointed out "landmarks" as we were driving!

The folks at the front desk...greeted me with a smile. They helped me in the business center as I needed to print docs for a meeting I was having on Friday AM.

This hotel staff delivers Nordstrom quality service!

Dear Lisa L,

Thank you for your business loyalty and taking time to share your experiences with us - we sincerely appreciate it.

Hope you're daughter is doing well and look forward to serving you again in the future under better circumstances.

Please call on me anytime I can be of service.

Hospitably yours,
Steve Smyka-

Reviewed 30 January 2013

The sheraton has a great location right next to south campus of the university of michigan and is extremely convenient for football weekends. The hotel is very clean, has great service, has all the basic amenities, including a great pool. There are a large number of restaurants in the vicinity. It was overall a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Dear lreid90,

Thanks very much for your business and kind words regarding your recent experience.
Glad to read we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon.
Please let em know if I can be of service in the meantime.

Hospitably yours,