“Third Time Lucky!”

Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Third Time Lucky!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This was our third hotel in Ann Arbor. I truly thought I'd have to look in nearby cities to get a decent hotel, before staying here. This hotel had wonderful, comfortable beds, good showers and was such a delightful change from the other hotels we stayed at in the wonderful city of Ann Arbor. No complaints. Happy to have found this gem. The only thing is you have to make reservations months in advance to get a room during the peak times (before school starts and when school is ending). We could only get a room for one night in August (calling to make a reservation in May). We tried to get rooms at this hotel in the past, and they were booked. So I guess others know the same thing that we learned. If you know you're going to be there at a certain time, make your reservations at least 4 months in advance! The hotel is also in a great location. U-M is minutes away, there's a mall around the corner, etc. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Shiwrites,

Thanks very much for your business and kind words - I'm glad you found us and were able to get in too!

We hope to see you back with us soon. If I can ever be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Steve Smyka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I stayed at Sheraton Ann Arbor for 6 nights. The great thing about this hotel is that it's in a quiet part of town, you even hear birds singing! You probably need a car to get around, which is true if you want to explore Ann Arbor anyway. There is plenty of safe parking on site at no cost. The beds are very, very comfortable, wifi is complimentary and the staff are friendly and helpful. Briarwood mall where you can shop, eat, bank etc is across the street.

Room Tip: I had a pool view room which is sometimes noisy, but a better outlook than onto the car park.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Dear Svensky,

Thanks for affording us the opportunity to serve you during your recent visit to Ann Arbor. I am elated to hear that we exceeded your expectations and appreciate the kind words and recommendation.

We hope to see you back with us soon. If I can be of service in the meantime, please let me know.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Our family recently stayed at the Sheraton for a soccer tournament. The lobby and front desk staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The indoor/outdoor pool was great for the kids, although hard to have a conversation in the inside pool area. The beds were amazingly comfortable, I can't remember ever sleeping that good at a hotel. The bar was so nice but surprisingly not busy. Staff could use a little improvement there on customer service, drink knowledge, professionalism, but friendly enough. Starbucks coffee for brewing in the room was a nice surprise! Overall, I will definitely stay again at this Sheraton next time we are in the vicinity!!

Room Tip: A room that is not overlooking the pool area and reception ballrooms would be your best bet if you w...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear bugphobic_10,

Thanks very much for your business and taking the time to share your experiences from your recent stay with us.

Glad to hear we exceeded your expectations overall and will address the bar knowledge and professionalism comments.

We look forward to seeing you again soon. If I may be of service in the meantime, please call on me.

Steve Smyka-
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We held a meeting for three days at this location. Anything we needed they brought immediately. We asked for a late check out and extra towels. The shuttle took us downtown and the driver told us where yo go that would be fun and interesting to see. The Food was great as well. Loved the bacon :)

• Stayed May 2013
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Toolate2b4given,

Thanks you so much for your business and glowing praise of my hotel and team - I'm very proud of both and appreciate you taking time to share your insights.

We collectively look forward to serving you again in the near future. If I may be of service in the meantime, please let me know.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2013

stayed there (actually still here) randomly through hotwire and feel we lucked out. very clean and comfortable. staff is very helpful. lots of computers in lobby next to the bar for guest use. look how good this one is working!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear BobMiles10003,

Thanks so much for selecting us and submitting this very timely on-line review - we feel lucky to have you with us!

I trust the remainder of your stay will be most enjoyable. If there is anything I may do to insure it is, please call on me any time.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I went to UoM, and this was one of my first times staying in a Hotel while visiting. Very pretty lobby with a nice bar, and very comfortable rooms (the beds especially!). The best part was the free shuttle they have to downtown! Parking can be a nightmare on State St. and cab rides can add up. But if you tell the front desk when you'd like to leave they will make sure a driver is available to take you, and then you just have to call the hotel to have them pick you up. Made the trip way more convenient!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fletchco
Dear Courtney F,

Thanks so much for deciding to stay with us and taking time to share your experiences. We appreciate the business and kind words tremendously.

We are certainly hopeful you'll be returning to your Alma mater soon and affording us another opportunity serve you again and exceed your expectations.

Until then, if I may be of service in any way, please call on me any time!

Uniontown, Ohio
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We were at the Sheraton Ann Arbor for graduation at University of Michigan. Excellent accommodations, comfy beds and nice indoor pool. The best feature of this hotel is the staff, they were friendly and efficient. We upgraded to the club level and were not disappointed. The desk, staff, club level concierge room and housekeeping staff were all attentive. I am very happy my family decided to stay at this location. I would definitely stay at this property again.

Dear Vegasismy1andonly,

Thanks so much for your business and taking the time to comment on your recent experience. Your kind words and compliments are greatly appreciated by my entire team.

Hope we have an opportunity to serve you again next visit to Ann Arbor and the University of Michigan. If I may be of service in any way, please let me know.

Warm regards and GO BLUE!