“Great Hotel for Great Price!”

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Had a very good stay at the Sheraton. Very easy to find and accessible to many other things -- there's a mall across the street; restaurants near by; easy access to/from the highway and to gas stations. Far enough away from the college scene yet only a few miles from it if you like that scene. There is a fridge/microwave/free water/coffee in the rooms. Only thing I didn't like was the height of the sink/mirror in the bathroom. However, I believe for most people it would be fine, but since I'm short, it was difficult to brush my teeth. Shower had great pressure. The pools and workout room were very accessible also.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear DC227,

Thanks very much for your business and insightful comments & feedback - I appreciate it immensely.

Glad we surpassed your expectations and hope to serve you again in the near future.

If I may be of service in any way, please call on me.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

The room was very comfortable for our family as we were there to tour Michigan. The front desk clerk was knowledgable and very helpful. They had us booked in a king and he was able to move us to room with 2 very comfortable queen beds. The rooms were large, microwave, coffee maker, and a refrigerator. The bathroom was small but very well appointed. I would definitely stay there again.
We didn't eat there so I can't review that part. We were there only one night and at 8:15am got a knock from housekeeping to clean our room. That was odd since we hadn't even checked out.

Room Tip: great indooor and outdoor pool! We had a view of the pool which was nice!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear margorules,

Thanks very much for affording us the opportunity to serve you and taking time to provide your insights from your recent visit.

I'm glad to hear we exceeded your expectations and appreciate the kind words and recommendation a great deal. I apologize for the early knock on your door - no excuse.

Please let me know any time I may be of service to you.

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

I was traveling for business and somehow neglected to make a reservation. I've stayed at this Sheraton several times before, but always with a reservation. Although they were fully booked, the associate at the front desk spent a significant amount of time with me and spoke to the hotel manager on my behalf. In the end, I got a room for one night, which was all that I needed. They displayed exceptional customer service. I always enjoy staying at this hotel since the renovation.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Gary W,

Thanks so much for your business loyalty and taking the time to share your experiences - I appreciate both tremendously!

I'm delighted we were able to accommodate you as usual and appreciate the compliments of my team.

If I may be of service to you in any way on your future visits, please call on me personally.

Hospitably yours,

Reviewed 23 June 2013

As others have mentioned, beds were very comfortable and room was very clean. Hotel has been recently renovated and lobby was impressive. Staff was warm and accommodating. Only two criticisms: not enough outlets in the room (there were three of us and we were surprised there was not a charging strip at the desk or even an accessible outlet at the desk to charge things at) and also the air conditioning unit was pretty loud when it came on. Even with those two small things, we would stay here again as it is a great location for campus visits and the rooms were otherwise good.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Beachmom2kids

Dear Beachmom2kids,

Thanks for staying with us and taking time to share your experiences and feedback from your recent visit.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities overall and sincerely appreciate the recommendation and return intent. There are outlets in the sides of the nightstands as well as the side of the desk in all our rooms which can be missed if you're not looking right at them.

We look forward to your return visit in the near future. If I may be of service in the meantime, I trust you won't hesitate to call on me any time.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I went to Ann Arbor for a Congress and I was surprised about the rooms and amenities of the hotel... they were very good for the price paid.
Clean, quite and organized!
We loved the pool and the bathtub!
For sure I will recommend this Hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear Karla C,

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing your feedback and recommendation - I appreciate both tremendously.

We hope to serve you again next trip to Ann Arbor! If I may be of service in the meantime, please let me know.

Hospitably yours,

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I had a great experience with Sheraton. The staff was exceptional, very friendly and made my stay less hectic and more enjoyable especially since it was for work. The room was very clean and I received room service everyday clean towels and sheets. I loved the restaurant inside the hotel the food was phenominal as well as the wine list my compliments to the Chef.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Susan H,

My sincere gratitude for your business and taking time to comment on your recent experience with us.

I'm elated to hear that we exceeded your expectations and truly appreciate the kind words and recommendation.

Hope to serve you again soon but remain at your service in the meantime.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

This was our third hotel in Ann Arbor. I truly thought I'd have to look in nearby cities to get a decent hotel, before staying here. This hotel had wonderful, comfortable beds, good showers and was such a delightful change from the other hotels we stayed at in the wonderful city of Ann Arbor. No complaints. Happy to have found this gem. The only thing is you have to make reservations months in advance to get a room during the peak times (before school starts and when school is ending). We could only get a room for one night in August (calling to make a reservation in May). We tried to get rooms at this hotel in the past, and they were booked. So I guess others know the same thing that we learned. If you know you're going to be there at a certain time, make your reservations at least 4 months in advance! The hotel is also in a great location. U-M is minutes away, there's a mall around the corner, etc. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

Dear Shiwrites,

Thanks very much for your business and kind words - I'm glad you found us and were able to get in too!

We hope to see you back with us soon. If I can ever be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.