“Great hotel, staff and location”

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My kids and I stayed here last year while visiting family in the area. We had a great experience so we were looking forward to staying again. The room was clean and updated and nicely decorated. Bed was comfortable and slept well. My daughter loved having a bath puff to use with the bath gel. So far I haven't seen any other hotels providing that. We were on the 6th floor and enjoyed having a continental breakfast each morning. The girl attending to the breakfast buffet on the 6th floor was friendly and helpful. She informed me of the highway being closed one way so it was nice knowing that ahead of time. Wifi was nice to have and I didn't have any problems with it. Front desk check in was quick, helpful and friendly. The only area needed for improvement was the worn carpet in the elevators, but we noticed on our way out that it was being replaced! So nothing negative to report. Will definitely plan to come back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear J4M4A9J7,

Thanks so much for your business loyalty and sharing your experiences from your recent visit - I sincerely appreciate both!

I'm delighted to read that we continue to exceed your expectations and look forward to serving you again next trip to Ann Arbor!

If I may be of service in the meantime in any way, please let me know.

Hospitably yours,

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Everything about it was good, from check in to departure. The front desk staff was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The room was a very good size and well appointed and supplied--although it would be nice if hotel decorators got over their current fad of piling an endless supply of pillows on every bed most of which have to be removed before one can sleep in it! The restaurant staff was very pleasant and the food was good. The bar is small and open but, again, nice. The outdoor pool is on the small side but is connected to the indoor pool so one can swim back and forth (can't imagine what happens in the winter). The exercise room is well appointed. In short, this is a very good hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MollieVirginia

Dear MollieVirginia,

Thank you very much for your business and taking time to comment on the experience - we appreciate both a great deal!

Glad to hear we exceeded your expectations and hope to serve you again soon.

If I may be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed at this hotel for business and had a great experience. The staff from check-in were great and anytime I needed anything as I was there for almost a week, were very accommodating. The rooms were very comfortable, nicely updated and bed slept great. The bathrooms are good as well, for person at a time. Room service food was also pretty good, however one night I ordered room service and it was just after 10pm and (they are supposed to stay open until 11pm) I was unable to order a late night snack....that was the only thing I can say not so nice; I made up for it by ordering breakfast the next am and it was very good. The fitness room is nice as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear summersl,

Thanks so much for your lengthy visit and taking the time to share your experiences - both are appreciated tremendously!

I am glad we exceeded your expectations overall and will address the In-Room Dining issue as we are open until 11:00 PM, nightly.

Hope to serve you again soon. Please let me know if i can be of service in any way, any time.

Steve-

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Super comfortable beds, clean rooms, and good service from front desk desk staff and housekeeping. My only complaint is the slowness of the wifi (but it is "complimentary") and the size of the bathroom - very small. This is a great location for visiting UM.

1  Thank Marihopewell

Dear Marihopewell,

Thank you for your business and taking the time to comment on your experience during your recent visit to Ann Arbor. I appreciate both a great deal.

Glad to hear your expectations were met overall and sorry to hear you found our internet slow. We will be adding bandwidth options up to 50 megs in the very near future which should satisfy all our guests needs.

We hope to serve you again in the near future. If I may answer any questions or be of service in the meantime, please call on me any time.

Best -

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on the 4th of July. All staff showed signs of excellent training and hiring practices. We were greeted warmly and shown to our room. The bed was extremely comfortable and we were happy to have the small frig in our room. The complimentary wireless had a strong and stable signal, which is not always the case. The hotel itself is located quite close to I-94, which made it a breeze to continue our trip. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear SM510,

Thanks so much for your business and kind words regarding your experience with us - we appreciate both beyond words!

Glad to read we exceeded your expectations and truly hope we have an opportunity serve you again in the near future.

If I can be of service in the meantime, please call on me any time.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Had a very good stay at the Sheraton. Very easy to find and accessible to many other things -- there's a mall across the street; restaurants near by; easy access to/from the highway and to gas stations. Far enough away from the college scene yet only a few miles from it if you like that scene. There is a fridge/microwave/free water/coffee in the rooms. Only thing I didn't like was the height of the sink/mirror in the bathroom. However, I believe for most people it would be fine, but since I'm short, it was difficult to brush my teeth. Shower had great pressure. The pools and workout room were very accessible also.

Dear DC227,

Thanks very much for your business and insightful comments & feedback - I appreciate it immensely.

Glad we surpassed your expectations and hope to serve you again in the near future.

If I may be of service in any way, please call on me.

Steve-

Reviewed 6 July 2013

The room was very comfortable for our family as we were there to tour Michigan. The front desk clerk was knowledgable and very helpful. They had us booked in a king and he was able to move us to room with 2 very comfortable queen beds. The rooms were large, microwave, coffee maker, and a refrigerator. The bathroom was small but very well appointed. I would definitely stay there again.
We didn't eat there so I can't review that part. We were there only one night and at 8:15am got a knock from housekeeping to clean our room. That was odd since we hadn't even checked out.

Room Tip: great indooor and outdoor pool! We had a view of the pool which was nice!