“Ask for a room away from the elevator!”

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed two night while visiting a daughter in collage and to watch Supercross! The room was clean and comfortable until it was time to sleep...our room 332 was adjacent to the elevator and the noise was loud! Also, we went to the bar on the second night, a Saturday, at almost midnight and the bartender was closing out and left us just sitting there dumbfounded! There was another couple at the bar with drinks, a table of two with drinks and a table of five with drinks...I could understand the closing if there were no customers, but there were, many! I feel he should have offered us a drink to be charged to our room, as I understand if the register is closed. But if there are customers they should stay open. He just said, 'sorry, we are closed' and walked off. We woke Saturday morning to someone practicing a stringed instrument such as base or cello! It started around 7am. We will return to the area but not this hotel for the reasons above.

Room Tip: Request to be away from the elevators!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela P
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Pamela P,

Thank you for the business and affording us the opportunity to serve you while visiting your daughter here.

My deepest apologies for the noise issues you encountered during your stay as well as the early lounge closing - we're open until 1am on Friday & Saturday's. I'll make certain that does not recur in the future.

I sincerely hope you will will give us another chance to restore your faith in us on a future visit to Ann Arbor. Until then, if I can be of service in any way, please call on me personally.

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

The room was large, comfortable. The restaurant is good - and at reasonable cost.

At the desk, my reservation had been fouled up by my travel company, but JohnCarlo got me squared away in no time. The front desk people seem very competent and friendly.

All in all, this was a good stay, good value.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank KStebleton
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear KStebleton,

Thanks so much for choosing us and taking the time to provide your feedback. I'm delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon.

If there is anything we may do for you in the meantime, please do let us know.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I spent two nights at the Ann Arbor Sheraton and had an overall unenjoyable experience. The first night I turned down my bed to blood-stained blankets. Bedding slept on by multiple people each week should be bleached to death but at the very least whoever changed the sheets should have noticed this while making the bed in the first place. (They very large and in a very noticeable area.) One positive is that the staff responded quickly to my concern and provided me with brand new bedding shortly after I called the front desk. Overall, the staff was pleasant and responsive.

Another issue I found was a considerable amount of hair on the shower drain cover. I was standing in about a foot of water and ended up removing it myself. If the hotel is going to use drain covers, they should be checking for hair after each guest as part of the cleaning process.

My last complaint is the paper-thin walls at the hotel. I was able to hear every word of the several phone calls the person in the room next to me made at night, along with every sneeze, cough, etc.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank A K
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear A K,

Thank you for your business and taking the time to provide this feedback from your recent experience with us. Comments like yours afford us the opportunity to improve our service and product quality.

You are absolutely right-on regarding the checking of the bedding and bath drain - no excuses for our obvious failure to provide our standard level of cleanliness. I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you encountered and will address them with my team.

I sincerely hope we have an another opportunity to serve you and restore your faith in us and can assure you, the experience will be up to par. If I can be of assistance in the meantime in any way, please call on me personally.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Spent 2 nights here. I couldn't have had a better experience. Rooms were really clean and fresh looking. Love the warm swimming pool and hot spa! Staff was really professional, helpful and friendly. Love the breakfast and other meals in the restaurant. A must stay if in the area.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KalS299
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Kal S,

Thank you so much for your business and sharing your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I am elated to read that we exceeded your expectations and hope to again in the very near future.

If I may be of any assistance in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I really enjoyed my duration of stay at this Sheraton which lasted approximately 4 months. The location is very good with an easy trip to downtown Ann Arbor either by car or the convenient hotel shuttle. The rooms are clean and beds at Sheraton are unbeatable. This hotel has by far and away the best fitness facility for a hotel I have ever seen. In addition an indoor-outdoor swimming pool as well. Very friendly helpful staff. There are a couple of gripes from me. I felt that food and drink is overpriced and the Internet bandwidth is way below what it should be for a hotel that caters to business travel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert B
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear Robert B,

I cannot thank you enough for your lengthy business loyalty and taking the time to share your experiences with us.

Your kind words and profound insights are appreciated greatly by my entire team.
We're about to revamp our Share Small Plate Bistro menu and will definitely look at price points as we do. Our new 50 meg fiber circuit is in place and our Wi-Fi access points will be upgraded very soon to distribute that bandwidth fully to our guests.

Thanks again and please call on me personally any time I may be of service.

Hospitably yours,

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

The Sheraton is an outstanding choice in Ann Arbor. As a UM parent, I have had opportunity to try several nearby hotels. This one is clean, comfortable, quiet, and well located. Every staff member has always been accommodating and pleasant. Its an outstanding choice. The rates can fluctuate by as much as $200 and up though, so be watchful!

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank bnl18

Dear bnl18,

Thank you for your business and feedback from your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and hope to do so again in the very near future.

If I may be of any assistance in the meantime, please let me know.

Go Blue!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Ok, its no Trump towers, but the hotel is actually really nice! Its been renovated, and is quite stylish! The location was fantastic! Room was clean and nice. Highly recommend for the trip to Ann arbor, most of the hotels are not this nice there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank marlatravelsfar
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear marlatravelsfar,

Thanks so much for your business and kind words regarding your recent stay with us!

I'm delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again soon. If I may be of service in the meantime, please call on me any time.