“My favorite so far in Ann Arbor”

Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
GreenLeadersSilver level
Germany
“My favorite so far in Ann Arbor”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We recently spent 3 nights here, and I wish we could have stayed longer, because we had to go to other locations in the city, and none of them, except for one that my husband liked better(only because it was a suite and a bit larger for his taste) could have topped this hotel. The entire staff was professional, helpful and friendly. Our room was really clean and fresh looking. I appreciated that it had a large, magnified mirror connected to the wall that I used when applying makeup. LOVED, that there was a bin in our room where we could put recyclables. We enjoyed the Starbucks that was in the room. Next time we stay, we will use the warm swimming pool and hot spa. The entire staff was professional, helpful and friendly. The best part were the beds. Wow, if I could have packed mine up and put it in my luggage I would have:) So comfortable!

Green Features: LOVED that they have a recycling bin in the room. The other hotels we stayed in didn't, and I was miffed that these days this occurs.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Amazing hotel and staff! I have stayed here for the past 4 months on business and couldn't be happier. A man named Travis works at the front desk and is always willing to help. I must say he has excellent customer service skills.

• Stayed May 2014
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Felt a little cheated by the address as we swung up to the property after a 20-hour flight, certainly no boardwalk this was! Stepped right into a lobby full of U-M grads, no thanks to them (Good on you, Commencement!) room rates were sky high ($375/ a night for a single king bed). For that price, I was ensconced into a huge room that sleeps 4 - included a pic for those who need reassurance, yes, it's generous enough. View of car park was 'meh' and thankfully slept very well as noise was tolerable. Food at the onsite outlets was alright and I guess the best feature for us out-of-towners was the shopping mall close by (10-15 mins walk). As we were travelling in a group of 5, Sheraton was kind enough to provide transportation. Saved us heaps of hassle. Spent 2 nights here initially and extended a 3rd night. The recep on duty was kind enough to officially check me out and we incidentally discovered that by so doing, the price on the room had dropped to $197. Thank you, kind recep lady.

Note: Wifi was alright, no issues. Note too: daily room service might not be available. You get a $5 voucher to redeem though.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First time I have stayed in Ann Arbor and am really enjoying it. the bar and food are great and prices are a lot less than I expected. Only down side is the wireless connection seems to go up and down like a yoyo which I have been told will be addressed today. The gym and swimming pool are also lovely.... Great place to stay and just up the road from Michigan Stadium.

Room Tip: Side closest to check-in
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear g8tekeeper,

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to share your experiences - we appreciate both a great deal!

Glad you enjoyed the service and facilities and we are upgrading our guest wi-fi architecture shortly and apologize for the inconsistency you encountered.

We look forward to serving you again soon. If I can be of service in the meantime, please call on me personally.

Warm regards,
London
Reviewed 28 May 2014

As a SPG and Platinum card member I was very disappointed with the level of service at this hotel. Although we had booked the hotel a few weeks in advance, when we checked in we are told that there were no rooms available on the two SPG floors and we given access to the Clubroom on the 5th floor as a favour by the receptionist, but it turned out to be a joke. Tiny and overcrowded when I went for breakfast with no place to perch let alone sit, the breakfast selection was poor, most of the food having gone with no replacements.

The bedroom itself was fine but the reason I will not be returning to this hotel is that the Internet connection was virtually non-existent. Coming to Ann Arbor on business, having web access was vital. When I complained about this to the receptionist, I was told that if I came to the reception area it was fine, hardly the response I wanted to hear. Even when I hardwired my laptop in rather than using the non-existent wireless, it was still unusable. All-in-all, two thumbs down from me.

3 Thank Wilkimber
Dear Wilkimber,

Thanks for the business and taking time to provide this feedback from your recent experience. Comments like yours afford us the opportunity to improve our service and product quality.

I am very sorry to hear that we untypically failed to meet and exceed your expectations as is our goal with each and every guest. We work diligently to insure our elite guests are accommodated on the SPG and Club levels accordingly, obviously that was not the case with your stay and I apologize profusely for that. We will be addressing the wireless situation with an infrastructure upgrade in the works as we speak which will correct the inconsistencies you encountered.

I sincerely hope as and SPG member you will reconsider your decision and afford us another opportunity to serve you and restore your faith in us. If I may be of any assistance to that end, please call on me personally.

Hospitably yours,
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 19 May 2014

After a long day from driving and meetings it was great to check to this property. Travis at the front desk was helpful even with an issue with company's payment policy. He was patient and helped to resolve my issue with a great attitude. My room was very clean and comfortable and met my expectations for this type of property. Jana at the bar was very helpful with the local selection and recommendations for local places. Make sure to get a Bell's Two Hearted...one of the best beers in MI and the country for that matter!

Room Tip: Try to get an upper floor away from the lobby
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
StephenSmyka, General Manager at Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Ageorgin2896,

Thanks you for your business and allowing us the opportunity to serve you here in Ann Arbor. Your feedback and kind words are very much appreciated and I'm delighted we exceeded your expectations.

We hope to serve you again soon and remain at your service.

Warm regards,
Steve
Sombra
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My husband and I spent one night at the Sheraton, as we were attending a show at The Ark Theatre that evening. Our room was an executive King on the 2nd floor. It was quite roomy, clean and newly renovated. The bathroom was nice with a heated mirror which didn't fog up while showering. Although most people don't comment on the toilets, I have to say the toilet in our room had a powerful flush which was a step up from the "2 flusher" system. It was a welcome change!
The staff were quite helpful especially Kim for taking us to the Ark Theatre in the shuttle bus. Two thumbs up for the Sheraton!

Room Tip: We found the 2nd floor to be very quiet!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear SuzieQSue,

Thank you so mush for your business and sharing your experiences with us - both are appreciated a great deal.

Glad to read we exceeded your expectations and appreciate the kind words. I sincerely hope we have a future opportunity to accommodate you here in Ann Arbor!

If I can be of service in any way, please call on me anytime.

Hospitably yours,