“Hotel 'ok', Restaurant 'very delicious'”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Weber's

Weber's
Ranked #11 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Midwest
“Hotel 'ok', Restaurant 'very delicious'”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

My husband recently took me to this Icon for a belated Valentines gift. It is an 'ok' hotel as far as my personal standards go, but nothing that I was impressed with on the 'cleanliness' scale. Perhaps because it is older and needs some updates, but clean is still clean, or not, in my book and while it wasn't dirty, it could have been much more detailed. Things on our ceiling that were 'questionable', in crevices of bathroom also, just my personal experience. The meal we had at the restaurant was Dinner, and we had Rib-eye, it was shear perfection, no gamble there, would definately eat Websters again. Staff was great.

Room Tip: All of my 'ratings' were based on the ROOM, not the restaurant (restaurant meals were delici...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dobemommy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I recently stayed at Weber's with my husband and 10 year old daughter. It was only for a short stay, but we enjoyed our time spent there. The hotel is a bit different than other hotels we have stayed at, and very enjoyable and a perfect spot to stay with our 10 year old

The indoor pool is a plus for those with kids. There are rooms that are located next to the pool area, and you can walk out the back door of your room, down some stairs and you are right at the pool. In addition to the pool there is a hot tub and ping pong and pool table and area where you can eat food. The fact you can look out your room and see how crowded the pool is nice.

Unfortunately the people staying in the room next to us were extremely noisy...fighting and very boisterous and just plain loud. I went down to the front desk and asked if our room could be changed. The hotel was booked so they said the would send up security to check it out. Five minutes later we headed up to our room. In the elevator was the security guard and the front desk person. We went into our room while the other two people checked on the room next to us. Quiet from that point on. I thought that perhaps the people next door had gone out for the evening. We were able to sleep, without noise from next door. The next day, upon checkout the front desk person asked if there was any more issues with the room next door, and I stated, "no" as I thought they had gone out that prior evening. The front desk person said that they had spoken to the people next door after my complaint. Thank you front desk and security, you really helped with our noisy neighbors.

We also ordered room service which was pretty quick, and quite inexpensive compared to other hotels I have stayed at. We also had brunch in the main restaurant and dinner as well. Both were very good.

In summary, this was a good spot. Some of the areas of the hotel were being updated, and the bathroom in our room was quite dated, but we would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool are quieter and if you want to avoid a long walk down the stairs, stay on t...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

I didn't not like this hotel, but I don't think it was amazing either. They've certainly made the effort to update and modernize many of the areas. The lobby is beautiful and the pool area was cool. However, the elevator and the hallways were dirty. Granted, it's winter, but they were pretty dirty. The room was small - smaller than expected. The bathroom felt pretty claustrophobic and a bit outdated. There was an old hair dryer on the wall that looked like it was from the 50s or 60s. I'd never seen anything like it. The bed was very comfortable - very soft so I did get a good night's sleep. Overall, it wasn't bad, but wasn't quite what I expected either.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2013

My family has been "vacationing" at Weber's ever since my son was a toddler, he's 11 now. When we need a little R&R we drive the mile down the road and have us a little tropical holiday. The pool area keeps my son and a friend or two happy, happy, while my husband and I enjoy a nice meal on our balcony. If you join the "Inn Crowd" club, which is free, you get discounts on rooms and get to automatically upgrade to a better room if one is available. We like staying in the "resort suite" but the "cafe suites" are great too. The standard room are well appointed but small.

My husband likes stopping in at the Habitat Ultra Lounge for a drink and a live, usually cheesy bar band. The bar is lots of fun. It's an interesting place to observe the mating habits of the over 50 crowd. The drinks are well made.

The food is great and there is almost never a wait for a table if you want to eat in the restaurant. Here's a tip, you can order off the childs' menu for room service (there is no menu in the room so ask). They have child prime rib and child breakfasts amongst other offerings.

Room Tip: Join the Inn Crowd for discounts and upgrades.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hightide
Wyckoff, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

We spent three nights at Weber's Inn - everything about this place was a delightful surprise. The hotel was clean, rooms were average, bed comfortable, pool area awesome - pool, hot tub, workout facilities, pool table, ping pong table and a sauna ... all in a very inviting open space! The staff were attentive and pleasant! The food in the restaurant was really good! We enjoyed breakfast - eggs benedict, omelets, etc. as well as a lunch and a dinner. The crab cakes were great! We went to a Michigan B-Ball Game and Hockey Game ... only a 10 minute ride from the hotel to the University ... or a $12 cab fare. The experience felt like a little piece of paradise in Ann Arbor during the month of January.

Room Tip: Pick a pool side room on either the 2nd or 3rd floor for a very cool pool view!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Lakeside, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

For years now, whenever we come to Ann Arbor, we always consider going to Weber's Inn. It is a good place to stay, and it has the benefit of having a great restaurant. The hotel has everything you'd want at a reasonable price. It's clean and comfortable, with many amenities, including free wi-fi; a great pool; exercise facility; HD TV with many stations available and pay-per-view movies, too. That being said, you gotta try the restaurant. The wife and I stayed there this weekend to attend a concert in AA at the Hill Auditorium. After the concert, we came back to the Inn and had an excellent dinner at Webers restaurant. I had the house specialty prime rib, while my better half had the filet mignon. We had salads and side with the meal, a couple of drinks, a bottle of wine (a good one) and split a dessert for $125. You can't beat that. All-in-all, this was a very pleasant stay. We will return as the opportunities afford themselves!

Room Tip: Get an upper floor away from the interstate.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

My family has been coming here since I was young. Most recently, my boyfriend brought me here for my birthday. We were poolside and it was beautiful!! The employees are very nice and helpful, the rooms are big and clean. The pool area is very well taken care of. The hot tub is marvelous. I honestly don't have anything bad to say about this place. Also, if you go when the little cabana is open by the poolside, their pizza and popcorn are awesome. They also have a cool old jukebox and a ping pong table which is a lot of fun! I LOVE this place.

Room Tip: Poolside is a great view... the suites have great tubs.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple